GV worries

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
We never thought we would be needing a GV. Naive, huh? We will be taking 5 couples + an infant next Oct. 3 - 10. We need a GV + 2 BR + 1 studio so each couple will have privacy. Unfortunately we cannot afford all of these rooms at our home resort, BWV. After reading these boards it seems unlikely that we will get a GV at OKW at the 7 month window. I can't do a day-by-day or partial ressie with waitlist at OKW because I can't risk giving up my current ressie at BWV (3 - 2 BRs for 5 nights and then a 2BR and 2 studios for the weekend) and I don't want to borrow all of my 2005 points and then have to keep them in 2004 when I end up canceling one of the ressies. I am doing a lousy job of explaining this, but if there is anyone out there who can figure out what I'm trying to say--HELP! Ideas???

Maybe you could rent the OKW points you need (would have to have someone make the reservation in your name, because can only transfer in, or out, but not both),

and then either bank your points, or rent yours out.

I would be a lot of people might like to even trade BWV for OKW.

How many points do you need, and did you check member services to see if even the GV is available for the dates you want (assuming you are a OKW member).

FYI - I have a lot of OKW points, but used up all my 2004 points, so would have to borrow 2005 to do anything. But I would like to stay at BWV, never been there....

Goldi
630.973-0828

Thanks for your input, Goldie. I am not an OKW member, which is why I need to wait til 7 months. Will MS even tell me about availability at OKW more than 7 months out if I am not an OKW owner?

I would think so that member services would be able to check availability.....

but if they won't, and you want to email the dates, I will check for you.

goldilocks_63@yahoo.com

(OKW & BCV member)

I'm not sure I understood you correctly but I do know you don't have to use points to be on the waitlist. Why don't you just waitlist and if they call you then change the ressie from BWV to OKW?

FWIW I called on Friday and tried to check on availability for a GV for the last week in September. Since it was only the 20th they would only check 9/18-9/20 for me but there was indeed a GV available.

Good luck to you!

Thanks, anniet.
From what I've been reading it seems unlikely that I will be able to get an entire week in a GV at OKW at 7 months. I would have a better chance if I did a day-by-day and then waitlisted for unavailable days. But that would mean using points to take available days. So it sounds as if your suggestion to simply waitlist for the entire week is the best option. Worst case, I guess it won't kill my nieces to have to share rooms at BWV for a couple of weekend days, since they're not paying anything! We made the mistake of seeing an OKW GV when we were there in January. WOW! You OKW owners really have something special! (Are you out there, Richyams?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!