Gulf State Park DIS Meet 2019 (Episode 4)

Hey as long as all of us are amatuers we should be okay.. No body has gone PRO right?

Hey as long as all of us are amatuers we should be okay.. No body has gone PRO right?

BamaEd did...

giphy.gif

I had a brief semi-pro run...

giphy.gif

Can't wait to finally meet everyone! Remind me if I ever buy another camper to not buy it at camping world. This thing lives in the shop more than at my house. I think it's finally got all the bugs fixed (crossing fingers.)

Can't wait to finally meet everyone! Remind me if I ever buy another camper to not buy it at camping world. This thing lives in the shop more than at my house. I think it's finally got all the bugs fixed (crossing fingers.)

Interesting, the one I'm considering is a Dutchman, and they are primarily carried by Camping World. I got a thread on the community forum about me being homeless. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate your input on that thread if you have time.

See post #36, brother.

And this news just in: Elvis has died. :sad:

Ed

Who?

Is that the dude that did the moonwalk then later in his career changed his name to "The Artist Formerly Known as..."?

He did some pretty cool magic tricks and I especially liked his YouTube videos on home repairs.

Sad to hear. Hey, why didn't you post that on the RIP thread?

Last edited:
Question for the semi-locals.

Ian has a friend that may be joining us this year. She will be in California on Army reserves annual 2 week training right up until we leave. She will probably fly down on Saturday after we arrive Friday.

It looks like Pensacola and Mobile are the closest airports. Is one better than the other? Unfortunately the Army will only fly her back to StL (from Cali) and not directly to GSP.

j

Question for the semi-locals.

Ian has a friend that may be joining us this year. She will be in California on Army reserves annual 2 week training right up until we leave. She will probably fly down on Saturday after we arrive Friday.

It looks like Pensacola and Mobile are the closest airports. Is one better than the other? Unfortunately the Army will only fly her back to StL (from Cali) and not directly to GSP.

j

So she's flying to St Louis first then needing a flight to GSP from there? One way? Then catching a ride on the Teamubr Cannonball Express possibly to get home?

Generally speaking, Pensacola is closer and an easier ride to get to from GSP. (I'm not a "local" or "semi-local" [but I might be a "yokel] but I would be a "regional"). I know Southwest flies into and out of PNS. However it might be more an equation of better/fewer connections for her and cost in the end.

Joe and Randy's opinion count more, obviously.

ED

Last edited:
Thanks Ed. Yes, she'll have to fly back to StL on the Army transport and then to GSP. She gets the pleasure of riding back with us, all 12 hours worth. I've picked people up at Pensacola. It's OK. But I didn't know how Mobile airport is. Southwest is a hub in StL, so that may be the better option, although we have Allegiant that flies out a municipal airport connected to Scott AFB here in IL. For a 1 way, no frills thing, any of it will work.

j

Thanks Ed. Yes, she'll have to fly back to StL on the Army transport and then to GSP. She gets the pleasure of riding back with us, all 12 hours worth. I've picked people up at Pensacola. It's OK. But I didn't know how Mobile airport is. Southwest is a hub in StL, so that may be the better option, although we have Allegiant that flies out a municipal airport connected to Scott AFB here in IL. For a 1 way, no frills thing, any of it will work.

j

Hey after an Army transport, even a no frills airline is an improvement.

Hey after an Army transport, even a no frills airline is an improvement.
Wait a minute Are you telling me that bouncing around the back of a Deuce and a half or a C130 with a bunch of sweaty guys from California to Illinois is not the epitome of luxury and someone lied to me??

We love our Buc-eyes. Not too far from us in Bastrop. Those BBQ sandwiches are to die for. The sauce is a little too Spicey for me. I ask the, to make me ones/out their BBQ sauce. Bakery wow

Wait a minute Are you telling me that bouncing around the back of a Deuce and a half or a C130 with a bunch of sweaty guys from California to Illinois is not the epitome of luxury and someone lied to me??

Well having been bounced around the back of a deuce and a half, british 5 tons, chinooks, and humvee's, I am pretty sure COMFORT is one word not in any military designers vocabulary.

Okay here is my 2 cents. Mobile is easy enough to pick people up if you pull in just after they arrive. They do offer 1/2 free parking and only a few buck for more than that. But be warned Mobile is the usually most expensive in the area between Mobile, Pensacola and Gulfport. That being said they just started two new lower cost regional airlines. The newest one Frontier Airlines and it has direct flights to Denver and Chicago. The other is Via Air. Not sure where all they go. But the key is who can get you there first followed by where it would be cheapest. My recommendation is try Pensacola first and then work your way back. From GSP to Pensacola airport is about 45 minutes and to Mobile airport is closer to 1.5 hours. All depending on traffic. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts