• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guiness Ice Cream

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
I made an interesting discovery yesterday. The gelato place inside Luigi's has Guiness ice cream. Yes, as in flavored like the beer! I know that might sound gross, but it's actually quite delicious. They used to have it at an Irish restaurant when I lived in Chicago, but they got rid of it years ago and I haven't had it since then...till now. If you're an adventurous ice cream lover, check it out. They will let you try a taste spoon to see if you like it. I'm kinda surprised they don't offer it in Finnegans.

It does sound diffrent.Gotta try it for the heck of it now!!

I think Ben&Jerry's has a Guiness ice cream as well. I think it is called Black and Tan. I have not tasted it but I'm going to give a try next time I see it.

It is soooo good! I think it might be Louies, not Luigi's?! It's the Italian place going toward Amity...I never ate there before so I don't really know the name. The gelato counter is separate from the big pizza counter.

But keep in mind I like other weird flavors like red bean, green tea, and sour yogurt ice cream so your own mileage may vary. I'm gonna get me a big ol' scoop next Thurs. at HHN.

I think you are right its Louies' I saw the gelato sign when we were going to Finn's.

It is soooo good! I think it might be Louies, not Luigi's?! It's the Italian place going toward Amity...I never ate there before so I don't really know the name. The gelato counter is separate from the big pizza counter.
Louie's has excellent pizza...I ate there Friday night.

Never liked Guinness so reckon i will give it a miss.
inkkognito, Guiness is not beer its a stout - do not let Guinness drinkers here you calling it a Beer. :scared1:

Uh oh, I stand corrected! Since you're from Ireland I will take your word for it ;)

If you think about Guinness sorta does taste a bit like coffee. They have coffee ice cream why not beer? Hope it's still there at Christmas to try.

ooh - Not a beer drinker, but I like try different things. I'll have to check this out next summer. yummy!

]I think Ben&Jerry's has a Guiness ice cream as well. I think it is called Black and Tan[/B]. I have not tasted it but I'm going to give a try next time I see it.

Yeah the name didn't go down well in Ireland. To be honest state side i haven't had a decent pint of Guinness so i can only imagine how the ice cream tastes:lmao:

I made an interesting discovery yesterday. The gelato place inside Luigi's has Guiness ice cream. Yes, as in flavored like the beer! I know that might sound gross, but it's actually quite delicious. They used to have it at an Irish restaurant when I lived in Chicago, but they got rid of it years ago and I haven't had it since then...till now. If you're an adventurous ice cream lover, check it out. They will let you try a taste spoon to see if you like it. I'm kinda surprised they don't offer it in Finnegans.

GUINNESS ICE CREAM?!
My oh my, God DOES answer prayers! :worship: (LOL) :lmao:

does anyone remember baskin robbins champagne flavored ice cream--we don't have the 31 flavors around here anymore--so I don't know if they still carry it, but it was delish.

Yeah the name didn't go down well in Ireland. To be honest state side i haven't had a decent pint of Guinness so i can only imagine how the ice cream tastes:lmao:

I got a friend thats from England and only drinks Guinness.Got to say its a acquired taste,espiacally warm.But thats how its drank.Gave me a buzz after my second pint!!;)

He has got a keg and goes thru a keg every month and a half..I think it goes better with steak then by itself..IMO

Warm Guinness :laughing: must be an English thing, never heard of anyone drinking it warm, its bad enough cold.
Only decent place for a Guinness is Ireland especially around Dublin Area-sorry and Portlaoise area Ron Burgundy:rolleyes1

Hmmmm, can't say I've ever tried warm Guinness, I prefer Guinness Extra Cold on tap.
:drinking1 :drinking1 :goodvibes :goodvibes :drinking1 :drinking1 :banana: :banana::banana: ........ :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :upsidedow :upsidedow :upsidedow

I got a friend thats from England and only drinks Guinness.Got to say its a acquired taste,espiacally warm.But thats how its drank.Gave me a buzz after my second pint!!;)

He has got a keg and goes thru a keg every month and a half..I think it goes better with steak then by itself..IMO

Eh warm Guinness, any more jokes:rotfl2:

Being a keen stout drinker myself i can say that warm ain't the way to drink it. Oh and an English man giving advice on it is even funnier:lmao:

Oh the Guinness in Portlaoise ain't bad at all. But i'll stick to my local in Portarlington.

But keep in mind I like other weird flavors like red bean, green tea, and sour yogurt ice cream so your own mileage may vary. I'm gonna get me a big ol' scoop next Thurs. at HHN.

I love gelato :thumbsup2 Didn't know they had it there, thanks ! And the guiness ice cream sounds interesting, I think we will have to try it next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter