"Guaranteed Verandah with Restrictions" what does this mean?

Definitely. And make sure airfare is not going to bite you after you pay for the cruise!
I always check flights, hotels, rental cars and anything else that will affect my trip before I take the plunge. I’ve booked a lot of these rates and I always make sure everything else is in place before I book.

Yeah, I was tempted at a transatlantic 11-night from Southampton to NY at only $5400 for a Verandah stateroom (not VGT) for 4 people. But then I looked at flight cost to England, and from NY back home, almost the same cost again.
That bad huh? I’ve always used miles to fly to Europe so I have nothing to compare it too.

Once you get within 30 days when most emergency’s happen it really doesn’t matter how you booked your going to need insurance to get your money back. DCL‘s cancel for any reason will cover a GT rate.
I would suggest getting insurance for peace of mind.
Any suggestions for best Insurance to obtain? We're new at this
Any help is appreciated! Thanks :tigger:

Any suggestions for best Insurance to obtain? We're new at this
Any help is appreciated! Thanks :tigger:
If you want cancel for any reason I'd go through DCL. The company I use can't be mentioned here. If you book through Costco or a TA they should be able to help you with this. I always get medical I don't always insure the cruise. It really just depends on the cost of the cruise.

I've never had to cancel a cruise or file a claim for anything. I've also never booked a GT rate more than a couple of months in advance. I'm sailing on Royal in Europe this year. If I wasn't I would take advantage of the GT rates on DCL and sail on them in Europe. Booking this early I'd be more inclined to get DCL insurance unless the price of their insurance is outrageous.

Can I ask a question too please? I'm looking at a VGT Guaranteed Verandah Stateroom. It doesn't specify a category range. Is it possible that they would assign a Navigator Verandah instead of a full verandah? Thanks.

Can I ask a question too please? I'm looking at a VGT Guaranteed Verandah Stateroom. It doesn't specify a category range. Is it possible that they would assign a Navigator Verandah instead of a full verandah? Thanks.
Yes. When you book VGT = veranda guarantee, you can get assigned any veranda on the ship. From the best to the least desirable. You are still saving money from the lowest priced veranda available. Also, you can also be assigned a HA (accessible room) with one full bathroom (not the split bathroom) with only a roll-in shower (no tub). This last point was a surprise to some folks in my last cruise group, esp when you have a toddler who needs a tub. Flexibility is the key. There are a few room locations I don’t like, but I book anyhow knowing I May land there. You have to find the positives in your assignment, like close to restaurants, or quick floor up to cabanas or the pool. Every room does have some advantages. However, keep in mind, if you absolutely hate your assignment you can try to PAY for an upgrade at the port. That is always a possibility too. Not free, but may be still worth it.

If you want cancel for any reason I'd go through DCL
Just be aware through DCL’s coverage, any CFAR “refund” is a credit with a time limit attached. No cash refund in that situation which is available through other insurance.

Any suggestions for best Insurance to obtain?
I suggest Googling something like trip insurance comparison site — and the first couple of links will be very popular sites where you input your trip information and expenses then you’ll be given options. Very legit. Once you’ve done that, CALL your top choice and ask questions to be sure you are buying what you need.

Just be aware through DCL’s coverage, any CFAR “refund” is a credit with a time limit attached. No cash refund in that situation which is available through other insurance.

I suggest Googling something like trip insurance comparison site — and the first couple of links will be very popular sites where you input your trip information and expenses then you’ll be given options. Very legit. Once you’ve done that, CALL your top choice and ask questions to be sure you are buying what you need.
I think the cancel for any reason only kicks in if insurance denies your claim. You can get your money back with DCL insurance if you have a legit reason.

Cancel for any reason insurance is always much higher in price regardless of how you book. I'm certainly not advocating for DCL insurance I don't think it's the best you can buy.

Just to add some credit cards offer insurance too. I usually pay for my cruises with my Chase preferred because it has great travel insurance.

I just booked the Vgt rate for this summer to Greece. It’s about $2000 less than the inside room I paid two years ago! One that I had to cancel.

The flight prices are crazy though for the summer to Italy.

Done VGT a few times no issue. Most recent time saved over $3000 for 4 people by booking VGT rather than pick my own veranda room.

When booking VGT I usually get my own insurance from a reputable company and website that includes cancel for any reason at 100% and includes pre existing conditions on the medical side. It’s peace of mind that I buy and it is not that expensive when compared to prices of longer cruises.

On shorter cruises - 4 days or less I either skip insurance or buy the Dcl policy.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter