Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 8B, Deck 7 fwd
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 16
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy! All I wanted was a split bathroom and I got it, so no complaints here 👍
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Mid-afternoon
9. Which month is your cruise? November
10. Castaway Club? Silver
11. How long ago did you book? We booked in August, about 80 days prior to sailing
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 3

Do VGT rates ever come back? Was tracking a February cruise on the Magic, which had lots of availability. Of course when i went to book, VGT was gone - but OGT remains. If the room map is correct, there are still ~85 unassigned Verandah rooms and that has not changed at all since they removed the VGT ~3 weeks ago.
There remains ~90 unassigned ocean view rooms on OGT still, which again has not really moved at all since i started tracking last month.

This will be our first cruise. I know we would be happy with OGT, but the $400 difference between the initial OGT and VGT would make VGT a no brainer for us. I just couldn't confirm time off in time.

Do VGT rates ever come back? Was tracking a February cruise on the Magic, which had lots of availability. Of course when i went to book, VGT was gone - but OGT remains. If the room map is correct, there are still ~85 unassigned Verandah rooms and that has not changed at all since they removed the VGT ~3 weeks ago.
There remains ~90 unassigned ocean view rooms on OGT still, which again has not really moved at all since i started tracking last month.

This will be our first cruise. I know we would be happy with OGT, but the $400 difference between the initial OGT and VGT would make VGT a no brainer for us. I just couldn't confirm time off in time.
It sometimes comes back. The amount of rooms can be misleading as there might be 79 VGT bookings for 80 open rooms. But on our May Med cruise VGT was gone for a couple of weeks and then returned very close to sailing date. I also know that someone was able to upgrade to VGT from OGT after she was unhappy with her assigned ocean view room. I never thought it was possible, but this lady on Facebook said that’s what she did.

I've seen *GT rates disappear for 4-5 days then come back. I've never seen them pop up after 3 weeks of being gone, but I'm not checking all of the cruises all of the time. We booked an IGT then 2 days later the category was gone and replaced with 11C GTY.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 4C , 6620
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?"
*****Edit since returning : We LOVED the extra space!!!!!! We still wish it was close to the forward elevator but we got our steps in, at least 5 miles a day according to my watch. We felt very little movement, no vibrations, no rattling. Indifferent. We LOVE being forward which I know is the risk you take for a GTY. I'm thankful we are not deck 5 aft above the TUBE like last year. We like being starboard which is what we got. I doubt we will be able to change it to something in the Forward and it will technically be a downgrade, lol. We will like the extra space and see if being midship/aft is something to consider for future cruises!
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 2-2:15pm. Others on our cruise got them right at 1:00pm.
9. Which month is your cruise? November
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? We booked in late August, 93 days before.
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 2

Last edited:
2. What category and room # did you get? 9B, Deck 2 MID
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Mixed feelings. We're happy we're not on Deck 1 with two small windows, but reviews for our stateroom are poor (in terms of noise levels). And it's also a connecting stateroom, so we're worried about noise from the "connected" stateroom and what storage we lost in order for the door to be included (although, I'm not sure this is a valid concern as I'm having trouble finding photos of the connecting staterooms). My husband is more disappointed than I am. He was hoping to be on deck 6 or 7.
6. What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday (local (Australia) time)
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
9. Which month is your cruise? December
11. How long ago did you book? We booked in late October

EDIT:
Noise from the kitchen / galley above our assigned room was a huge issue. Not just during the day when our toddler was trying to nap, but in the evening until around midnight and then starting again quite early … around 5:30am. Thankfully, Guest Services offered a room change and we all slept soundly after the first night.

Last edited:
2. What category and room # did you get? 9B, Deck 2 MID
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Mixed feelings. We're happy we're not on Deck 1 with two small windows, but reviews for our stateroom are poor (in terms of noise levels). And it's also a connecting stateroom, so we're worried about noise from the "connected" stateroom and what storage we lost in order for the door to be included (although, I'm not sure this is a valid concern as I'm having trouble finding photos of the connecting staterooms). My husband is more disappointed than I am. He was hoping to be on deck 6 or 7.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday (local (Australia) time)
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
Don't despair. We were in 2618 and read in advance about so much noise coming from the kitchen above.
For the entire 7 nts cruise, we heard exactly ONE clank sound of a pot around 9am while getting ready for breakfast.
Give it f it’s really so noisy, talk to Guest Services.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 11A, Deck 8 FWD
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Yes. The cabin is close enough to the forward elevators, and we are happy with deck 8.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon (it was definitely after 11 am because I checked. Then at 2 pm it was there!).
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? We booked in October

Missing my experience sailing GTY with Disney earlier this year - which we LOVED!!!

For the first time ever we're sailing RC in 16 days and I still do not have a stateroom assignment. :(

Missing my experience sailing GTY with Disney earlier this year - which we LOVED!!!

For the first time ever we're sailing RC in 16 days and I still do not have a stateroom assignment. :(
Have a great cruise. If you can, please tell us of your experience on the cruise boards. Our last RC cruise was in 2009 and it made me see the value of DCL.

2. What category and room # did you get? 7500 Deck 7 fwd Handicap Room
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 21
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" leftover for sure. Extremely disappointing that we have a slanted porthole, a handicap room with no tub, no privacy curtain, no split bath, and slanted walls. Many other rooms non HA available, too.
6. What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Mid-afternoon
9. Which month is your cruise? January
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? We booked in November

2. What category and room # did you get? 11C #2533 HA Room
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 22
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Mixed feelings. Was prepared for a standard inside room. Happy to be midship. The lack of privacy curtain and openness of the room will make getting ready more challenging for a family of 4.
6. What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Before noon
11. How long ago did you book? We booked in September
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 4

always watching, but I’ve not seen a good Vgt rate in a long time. Not a Fl resident, nor military. Guess the ships are getting filled now. i Still love watching what rooms get assigned. I do book my cruises on opening day Still, but love a last minute bargain.

2. What category and room # did you get? 4E, 7688
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Wife is thrilled with the oversized verandah!!!
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
10. Castaway Club? Platinum

1. What category GTY cabin did you book?vgt
2. What category and room # did you get? 4E deck 5 5658/5660
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connected
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 3:15-3:20
11. How long ago did you book? Early Nov
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 2/2

2. What category and room # did you get? 5B, Deck 8 fwd
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 19
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy. If we choose, we normally pick aft because it's closer to the elevators to go to Meridian but the price differential between picking a room and VGT was significant so I don't really care that I'm forward.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday (I think)
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Unknown
11. How long ago did you book? November, 77 days prior to sailing

Last edited:
2. What category and room # did you get? 5A, Deck 7 MID
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We're very happy. We almost always choose deck 7 and to be placed in a midship location is perfect for us.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Our traveling partners also booked VGT and they were assigned a room on the same deck, opposite side of the ship in a forward location. So, not far.
6. What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 11-12:30p Eastern
11. How long ago did you book? September, a little over four months before the sail date
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 4

2. What category and room # did you get? 10A, Deck 7 Forward
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We love deck 7 and are happy not to be aft. It's an accessible room, which we don't need, but it's also a large room. The space will be nice, though based on the video it lacks some charm.
6. What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Unknown, I didn't get to check until 5pm.
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? August
12. How many people were booked into your stateroom? 4 adults

2. What category and room # did you get? 9C, Deck 2 right at the Forward/Midship connection.
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 20 (but noticed it on a Sunday night, so it could've been assigned any time after I looked late in the day on the prior Friday.)
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Yes. The cabin is close enough to use either the Forward or Midship stairs/elevators and the stateroom is not directly under any of the clubs on Deck 3, so hopefully noise from them will not be a problem.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Noticed it on a Sunday night, so it could've been assigned any time after I looked late in the day on the prior Friday.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? No idea...saw the assignment later in the evening.
9. Which month is your cruise? February
10. Castaway Club? Pearl
11. How long ago did you book? We booked in mid-January.

2. What category and room # did you get? 11A Deck 8
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 31
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We are very happy with the rooms assigned!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? They are connecting rooms!
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 9am
9. Which month is your cruise? March
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? 4 months

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter