GTY - tell me about it!

I looked at the Wish all the way out to Sept 2022 and all of those rooms are GTY. They know what rooms are left and they choose to put the remaining rooms GTY for some reason. They never used to do that. I won't sail if I can't pick my room. I want to be comfortable, and for me, that means picking a room on the deck and part of the ship that I want. I don't see that as strange or unreasonable. Why change the way it has been done forever. I can see having 1 category of GTY, but to ONLY have it, I don't agree with. I know why they do it, but it comes down a worse experience IMO.
The partial-season of the Wish that was just released was extremely popular - moreso than any other release that I've observed in the past decade. Combined with all the FCCs out there plus the pent up demand, I'm not at all surprised those cruises have reached GTY.
Yep, it is just that there are that few rooms left. When we booked on our opening day (dvc, which was between gold and silver) all concierge was sold out. But not a single other category was gty. Gty came later

Yep—when it goes GTY, there are only a few rooms left in that category, which means that all guests who did choose a room in that category chose NOT to book those rooms. Could be because the rooms were in a noisy location, are the furthest room in that category from any elevator (we got one like that), or were handicap accessible and thus not bookable for most guests. Has nothing to do with Disney choosing a bad room, it’s because other guests chose all the good rooms.

That is why I refuse to book a GTY cabin ever again.

I looked at the Wish all the way out to Sept 2022 and all of those rooms are GTY. They know what rooms are left and they choose to put the remaining rooms GTY for some reason. They never used to do that. I won't sail if I can't pick my room. I want to be comfortable, and for me, that means picking a room on the deck and part of the ship that I want. I don't see that as strange or unreasonable. Why change the way it has been done forever. I can see having 1 category of GTY, but to ONLY have it, I don't agree with. I know why they do it, but it comes down a worse experience IMO.
Exactly!

The partial-season of the Wish that was just released was extremely popular - moreso than any other release that I've observed in the past decade. Combined with all the FCCs out there plus the pent up demand, I'm not at all surprised those cruises have reached GTY.
I just booked 2 staterooms on the Disney wish that are I believe GTY rooms bc that’s all they had left! they are cat 5b is there any chance on getting those two rooms connecting ? as we are a party of 5 2 adults 3 kids and wanted connecting room? They also told me 5b could be midship front or back any chance getting midship as well? I sailed two other cruises with Disney but this is first as GTY
Thank you

I just booked 2 staterooms on the Disney wish that are I believe GTY rooms bc that’s all they had left! they are cat 5b is there any chance on getting those two rooms connecting ? as we are a party of 5 2 adults 3 kids and wanted connecting room? They also told me 5b could be midship front or back any chance getting midship as well? I sailed two other cruises with Disney but this is first as GTY
Thank you
There's no guarantee that the 2 rooms will be connecting, or even on the same deck. Many times DCL does seem to try to put linked GTY reservations together, but not always.

If it's important for you to have connecting rooms, then you'll need to find a category that will allow you to book specific rooms.

There's no guarantee that the 2 rooms will be connecting, or even on the same deck. Many times DCL does seem to try to put linked GTY reservations together, but not always.

If it's important for you to have connecting rooms, then you'll need to find a category that will allow you to book specific rooms.
All the rooms left were GTY or I would have.
thanks for the reply!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter