Grocery orders faxed to Albertson's?

RONfromRI

Earning My Ears
We're going home in 13 days to OKW. We'll be doing the Atlantis Limo route with a
grocery stop. Because there are 8 of us, the grocery stop is an important factor in our
plans. 30 minutes has been a difficult limitation for a grocery stop in the past. Atlantis Limo
informed us that we can fax in our grocery order to Albertson's so that's what we're planning on
doing.

Just wondering if anyone has done this. How specific do you have to be with your order?
How accurate are they in filling it. What do they do with refrigerated goods. Do they
separate them so that if we have to, the resort can refrigerate them in the event that our
vacation home is not ready? How much lead time should I allow when faxing in my order.

Any experienced info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

PS Sorry about the line feed problem, Gotta get used to these new boards.

I used the Albertson's fax-order once last year when I used Atlantis. We were only there for four days, so my order was not huge, but it was accurate, down to the specific name brands, etc., that I asked for. I even asked for 2lbs green seedless grapes and they were perfect! When Scoobey stopped at the store, he went in with me to the service desk. They had it right there in an area that had refrigerated storage, and while I paid, he put the groceries in the car. We were in and out in under 10 minutes. I will definitely use them again when I use the towncar service, or since this Albertson's was so easy to get to, I will probably stop there on my way in from the airport, when I rent a car. ONe more thing, I faxed my order the day before we flew down. It really was hassle-free.

Mikesmom - the number is: phone - 407-857-5666
fax - 407-857-0132
manager's name, at last info given to me, is Ron Jenkins. Make fax to his attention.

Does Albertson's charge a fee for this? Can anyone use this service, or is it some sort of agreement between the car services and Albertson's?

Thanks!

Go to PUBLIX grocery store and save enough to pay for the limo service!!!
Albertson's is the highest prices that I have ever seen. That includes when I was on the east coast and Calif.
I'm not a wealthy DVC member, so I found Publix to have very fresh fruit, Deli, Bakery, etc. It is located on 192 hwy about 5 minutes from Disney.:p

Candace, thanks for the info. That was exactly the response that I was hoping for.

Anyone else have an opinion or additional information.

If you can split up into 2 or 3 groups and meet at the register that would help, do a quick supermarket sweep, with 3 groups and a plan you can do all your shopping in 10 minutes compared to 30

We were at WDW a couple of weeks ago and we stopped at Albertson's (off of Orange Blossom Trail).

It was very convenient and the prices seemed very reasonable to us. I just finished catching up on our monthly bills and I have the Albertson's receipt in front of me along with a receipt from our local supermarket (Meijers).

The previous poster's comments prompted me to compare the prices we paid in Florida. Surprisingly, all of the items we bought at Albertson's were less expensive than our local supermarket ($0.40 to $0.75 less per item). Hmmm...

Can I FAX an order to Albertson's and have them deliver it to Michigan?

Troy

One more time...Does Albertson's charge a fee for this? Can anyone use this service, or is it some sort of agreement between the car services and Albertson's?

I've got the same question as MaryAnn....is there a fee for the service?

Just called Albertson's number (post above) and there is no charge for the order. We are going in June so I was really curious. I figure even if I pick out my own fruit while I'm there the rest can still be ready. Yessssss!!:)

One more thing to add...if you go to www.albertsons.com there is a complete shopping list with prices! It's for a different store but I would think the items and prices would be close if not the same. I hate to grocery shop, especially during vacation!!!:cool:

Our last two trips, we planned on stopping at a grocery store (pre-DVC purchase) to pick up some things, if only bottled water, and never got there. So this is a very nice service.

I was thinking the same, Minnietta...pick out my own produce, and let them do the rest.

Thanks for the website!

As far as prices, I have to weigh convenience and price. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg, but I'm willing to put out more if it means not taking a lot of time out of my vacation.

Thanx again everyone for the valuable information. I'm much more comfortable with the faxing Albertson's option and that is definitely the route I am going to take. As far as Albertson's prices, We have shopped there twice before and found their prices quite reasonable and comparable to Publix.

Thanx again gang. 11 days andwe'll be back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We used the Albertson's service and found them to be very convenient and cost effective. Here is the info I have from that trip:

Ron @ Albertson's
Orange Blossom Trail
Telephone: (407) 857-5666
Fax: (407) 857-0132

I didn't specify brands for most things. Whenever I didn't they gave me the premium brand -- so you might want to specify if you're concerned about cost.

The order was ready for our pick up and all they needed to do was take my payment. They had the cart with all of the groceries stored in a cooler -- so everything was fresh.

This was a really important service for us because we were traveling with our grandparents, I was 3 months pregnant, and our plane landed about an hour before they closed. We JUST barely made it. Oh... and we don't rent cars when we're at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter