Grilled cheese, hot dogs etc

ShannyMcB

DIS Veteran
Ok I have some super picky kids and a somewhat picky DH.
Where should we go for the "typical" theme park kids food? Grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, pizza.
We have an ADR for via Napoli for one evening.
We are staying at CBR so anything on the skyliner line? Anything awesome at pop or aoa?
I embrace grub hub and other delivery...hit me with your local faves

Casey s Corner for dogs, simple and fancied, and FF
Chicken Guy for..guess what
Check the menus of Sci-Fi, Woody’s, and 50. Wouldn’t be surprised if all of them had grilled cheese.

Never been to any of the “A” or “Pop” resorts so no idea.

On your MK day, hop on the boat or resort monorail and go to Gasparilla (the QS) at the Grand Floridian. They have a terrific grilled cheese on Brioche, pizza, several great sandwiches (chicken and brie, ham and cheese, Italian), french fries, house-made chips, burgers and salads. They also have a bakery case, so lots of dessert choices. Great way to get away from the crowds for an hour in the middle of the day, and they have a nice outdoor seating area if weather permits (nice indoor area if it doesn't). Also, if you pop your mugs into your backpack, drinks are free (since resort mugs work at ANY resort).

Don’t be afraid to ask for a grilled cheese too if it’s not on menu. My son is super picky and we have done this with success several places. Off the top of my head: Beaches & Cream, Boathouse, Centertown Market @ Caribbean Beach Resort. I’m sure there are others too but they are better at accommodating than the menus indicate. Even when mobile order is encouraged/required, if you say there are special dietary needs and order with a person instead of on the app, there are more items in the system they don’t show on the menu.

Ok I have some super picky kids and a somewhat picky DH.
Where should we go for the "typical" theme park kids food? Grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, pizza.
We have an ADR for via Napoli for one evening.
We are staying at CBR so anything on the skyliner line? Anything awesome at pop or aoa?
I embrace grub hub and other delivery...hit me with your local faves

Just a heads up about Via Napoli if you haven't had it before. It is Neapolitan style pizza, which is quite a bit different than traditional American style pizza. If your family is super picky, they may not like it as much.

I second Beaches & Cream for the grilled cheese and definitely Casey's for a hot dog but Wetzel's pretzels has 'em too if your kids like pretzel dogs.

CHH is still closed but they have some really good restaurant-quality chicken nuggets!

Last edited:
Just a heads up about Via Napoli if you haven't had it before. It is Neapolitan style pizza, which is quite a bit different than traditional American style pizza. If your family is super picky, they may not like it as much.
I thought American style pizza was based on Neapolitan…what do you think American style is based on instead?

I thought American style pizza was based on Neapolitan…what do you think American style is based on instead?
You know, that's a good question. No clue. I just know that none of the standard pizza (thinking traditional delivery, Pizza Hut and the like) I've had anywhere in the US has been anything like the pizza I've had at Via Napoli or the pizza I had when I was in Naples, Italy (which were pretty much identical). It's very, very different. Globs of cheese instead of shredded cheese spread around, gooey almost uncooked middle, charred bottom, etc. I know there are different styles of pizza throughout the US, but even some of the more local pizza I've had (Chicago style, NY style), haven't been like that.

My daughter and I are also picky eaters and just returned from Disney. We liked the pizza at Pop’s food court, Pinocchio Village Haus in MK, and especially liked the pizza at Primo Piatto, the quick service at the Riviera. We didn’t have it this trip, but we’ve also enjoyed the take-out pizza on the Boardwalk.

You know, that's a good question. No clue. I just know that none of the standard pizza (thinking traditional delivery, Pizza Hut and the like) I've had anywhere in the US has been anything like the pizza I've had at Via Napoli or the pizza I had when I was in Naples, Italy (which were pretty much identical). It's very, very different. Globs of cheese instead of shredded cheese spread around, gooey almost uncooked middle, charred bottom, etc. I know there are different styles of pizza throughout the US, but even some of the more local pizza I've had (Chicago style, NY style), haven't been like that.
Come to NYC, New Haven, Philly, Providence,or maybe even Boston (haven’t eaten a pie there in a long time) and it’s easy to find a slice like VN’s 😊 . Once national chains and frozen pizza arrived on the scene it all changed into something else.

Come to NYC, New Haven, Philly, Providence,or maybe even Boston (haven’t eaten a pie there in a long time) and it’s easy to find a slice like VN’s 😊 . Once national chains and frozen pizza arrived on the scene it all changed into something else.
I was not impressed by the pizza at VN but I would like to give them another shot at some point.
Love pizza from NYC though…

I've had lots and lots of pizza from those places, I go up that way very frequently. No one place in particular though. None of it has ever tasted anything like Naples. But I could be going to the wrong places.

I've had lots and lots of pizza from those places, I go up that way very frequently. No one place in particular though. None of it has ever tasted anything like Naples. But I could be going to the wrong places.
That’s possible. Times Square, Midtown, and other tourist friendly places are filled with National chain places and a local chain called Sbarra (ugh).

That’s possible. Times Square, Midtown, and other tourist friendly places are filled with National chain places and a local chain called Sbarra (ugh).
I never get any chains when I'm up that way. I know better hahaha
And I'm usually not in touristy places. Though one of my favorite pizza places I've had in NYC was down near Wall Street. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

They have those kinds of food pretty much everywhere. It is actually harder to find kid's portion sizes of normal food. We ended up ordering adult meals for our kids to split because of the limited selections. You won't have any issues finding that kind of food.

I never get any chains when I'm up that way. I know better hahaha
And I'm usually not in touristy places. Though one of my favorite pizza places I've had in NYC was down near Wall Street. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me.
Eataly? Andrienne’s? &pizza?

Eataly? Andrienne’s? &pizza?
Not &pizza, we have those around here (though thinking about it, I guess that is a little more Neapolitan style, but still pretty uncommon around here, I've only been once and it's been a while). Neither of the other two sound familiar, but I guess it could've been one of them.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter