• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great unknown tips or secrets!

Leave a Large Glow Stick (from the Dollar store) on the counter in the bathroom at night....
It's the perfect amount of light to 'get your business done' without turning on the blinding overhead lights:cool2: We dicovered this as a fluke when our children left glowsticks in there one night!

just subscribing. going in three and a half weeks feb 15th three day wonder. first time with kids, second time for my husband and I. cant wait, now I am really excited. like the idea about the glow stick for night light.

Earlier someone mentioned water shoes. They don't take up much space in suitcases or backpacks. Some places I just don't want to walk barefoot and flip flops aren't enough - like kayaking in Key West.

Carry on swimsuits for the kids! We walked on and DD was the first one in the Mickey Pool. We ate burgers from plutos and looked around for our new disboards buddies.

Get your DD hair braided on the ship before you go to St. Martin, we never got a moments peace with all the women wanting to braid DD hair.

We used 2 shoe holders, 1 for shoes the other for odds and ends.
The soft sided cooler was great for going to shore, we took uncrustables, chips and chicken fingers. And used empty water bottles to fill w/drinks from the drink station.

A power strip worked great as a charging station.

The door is metal so I took a couple of magnetic clip to hold navigators and other papers.

Use the house phones to leave messages for the other members in your party.

I read on a post last year before our second cruise, that the coffee table slides up/down. This may not seem like a big deal, but it was. Try it and you'll see.

Could you please tell me what you are talking about????? I am not sure I understand why the coffee table would need to slide????

Could you please tell me what you are talking about????? I am not sure I understand why the coffee table would need to slide????
I am not the O.P., but the coffee table raise and lowers. So if you want to sit on the sofa and "dine" at the table, you can raise it to dining table height or lower it back to coffee table height.

How cool!!!!
You guys think of everything on these boards!!!!!!!
I just signed up.
Since it is off-topic I don't want to continue this discussion on this thread, but do want to make it clear that Pal Mickey's Grown-Up Pals Club is not a part of the DIS, although the majority of us are DIS board members as well as members of other boards. You can never have too much Disney! :)

BTW - I just sent you your "Welcome" notice!

My suggestion is to buy the bottle water day 1- we come in from Az so, I can't stop at a store or anything but, it's one of the best expenses of the trip. They will deliver a case of bottled water to your room and you can keep it in the frig. Not only does it encourage you to drink more water but, it's there for when you go on excursions etc. The first time I didn't buy it until the cruise was half over- on the 14 day, I went through 2!!!
Pack bandaids, and bring on excursions (in case of blisters etc)
Definetly, pack a day bag when boarding. We line up early, go eat and then swim and have robe,suit, flip flops etc all with us

Okay, forgot another one, laundry-
Brought detergent last time but, weighs a lot in suitcases( had to redistribute items at airport to try and balance out)- with that said, we put it in our carryon for the flight and then in the suitcase upon arrival. Also, back dryer sheets, saves a little money and keeps your suitcases smelling nice
Thanks for all the other tips, will post more as they come to me.

**Bounce sheets! We used them for:
stuffing in stinky shoes or sandals
hang in closets/place in drawers to freshen clothes
hang in bathroom to freshen (we also brough sm air fresheners)

**Disinfecting wipes
I know housekeeping does a thorough job, but I bring disinfecting wipes to wipe down faucets, toilet flush, remote for TV, light switches, door handles, inside of drawers...I don't want to get sick on vacation!

regarding powder for sandy feet:

can it be any kind of powder? we are bringing odor eaters powder(I have three boys, need I say more??) I assume that will work as well as baby powder:confused3

A note about the over-the-door shoe holders: get the kind with clear pockets so you can see everything easily.
I tell my family, "Look at the holder. If you can't see it, then holler at me."
It virtually eliminates the, "Where's the toothpaste, lotion, scissors, Tylenol, band-aids......:thumbsup2

Can't remember if this has been posted or not - bring a large photo mailer (for 8x10 or larger) or 2 piece of fairly thick cardboard (like cut from a sturdy box. If you purchase items from Shutters or want to save your Navigators without them getting bent up in your suitcase - these will protect the items - I then slip it into a close fitting plastic bag so if anything spills with the liquid rules it won't run all my saved papers /photos

Love all the tips, but I think I need to buy bigger suitcases.

We are packing ziplock bags for the first time, also good for damp swimsuits to back for your trip back home. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter