Great Rate from Budget!

sandyneck

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to let anyone know who was interested. Just booked a mid size SUV (Ford Exporer) for March and the rate was $129.00 for the week!!!!!! With taxes it came to $160.00. We usually get a Minivan, but I figured I could give up some room to save over $100! One word of warning, if you are a fastbreak member there is a glitch in the system that will not let you book this online. I just called the Budget number and they did it for me no problem. Hope I helped save someone some money!!

We had a mid size last Oct, and it was ok passenger-wize (DH, DD1, and me), but we needed more room for stroller & luggage.
Is budget on site, and do you need to give credit card # to reserve? What if you cancel a day before, or even worse, forget to cancel? Do you get charged a penalty? How are they when compared to National (usually use) and Avis?

I don't remember the code. Just go to the website and there is a big ad for it towards the bottom of the page. Budget is on site and they do require a credit card to book. I do believe there may be a charge if you don't show up. Most other agencies I have dealt with do not require a credit card, so I was a little hesitant to go with Budget. We used them for the first time in Dec because the rate was so great and they were fine. If you are pretty sure you will take the car it is a good deal. Thankfully we are done with strollers and babygear!! So this size car is fine for us.

I just checked out the website and it says $169 for a midsize SUV, not $129. Were you on the "official" website for Budget? I'd love to get the rate you got, but am not having any luck finding it.........

The $129 mid-size SUV rate is listed under Advertised Specials for Florida only. It's not under Internet Specials which lists the $169 mid-size SUV rate.

Donna

Offers valid for pickup through April 30, 2004 at participating airport locations

Florida Offers:

Blackout dates include but are not limited to 4/07/04-4/10/04

definately a time limited offer.....

Florida Only Weekly:
$129/Week Mid-Size Car
or Mid Size SUV
5-day minimum, 14-day maximum rental

WOW, thanks! I was just about to book the $169 special but decided to check the boards before I made my final decision (I have always used National EA). I am so glad I checked! Can I now join Fastbreak and add that to my reservation later? Does that work like National where I can go straight to the cars and drive out without going to the desk in the terminal?

Yes, Budget is at the airport.

I had a reservation w/ Avis for just under $200 for the week w/ a Full-Size, but I think I am now going to switch to budget for this great deal. Comes out to right around $160 after taxes I believe.

I checked out the Budget web site. The Midsize SUV appears to be the Ford Escape, not the Explorer. The Standard SUV is an Explorer and the Full size SUV is an Expedition.

We will be 5 adults and 1 child and I was thinking of renting a mini-van but will this SUV Escape accomodate us?

This is a mid-size and only seats 5, so you should stick with the minivan.

I was able to book this rate this morning but had to call as the website would not allow it as a fastbreak member.

Originally posted by karylrocks
WOW, thanks! I was just about to book the $169 special but decided to check the boards before I made my final decision (I have always used National EA). I am so glad I checked! Can I now join Fastbreak and add that to my reservation later? Does that work like National where I can go straight to the cars and drive out without going to the desk in the terminal?

Nope, you need to go to the counter, but, they have a special line.

i did the same , i booked my suv and then i filled out for fastbreak and i a conf. # for fastbreak and called to add it to my suv ressies, you have go to the fastbreak lane and give your drivers lic., a cc and sign your contract and then go get your suv, suppose to be much faster, no computer typing for the agent.:sunny:

Just booked my Mid-SUV w/ the great rate, and cancelled my Avis reservation. Thanks again for the great tip!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter