Great Point about ADRs for 2!

clombardi

DIS Veteran
I completely agree with the discussion on this week's podcast regarding the need to get around Disney's ADR system. It is ashame that Disney makes it so hard for a group of 2 to get a table. On the dining board, I have seen people be flamed by the morality police for making an ADR for 3 when there will only be 2 at the meal. I love that the podcasters commented on this "moralizing!"

I didn't hear the podcast so i dont know what this is about, and I'm totally confused by the theory that booking an ADR for Three would be easier to get than two? is that what your saying?? And why would disney make it easier to sit three than two??

But I've been making ADR's for two people for the past 4 years and never had any trouble getting a table. Sorry know i'm coming into this conversaton late but the post caught my eye could you please explain what this is about?

And agree 100% about the "morality police" - IMHO dont think any of us are in a position to judge another - no one can be that pure.. should i duck now haha.....

Apparently, it is hard to get ADRS for 2 at some WDW restaurants. They may actually have open tables, but unless you ask for an ADRS for 3 or 4, the CM's computer may show that there is no availability. This could be because all the tables for 2 are filled. However, they don't tell you that there may be larger tables open.

On the podcast, they talked about not being to get an ADR for Spoodles (I think) for 2. They did a walk up and there were tons of tables available for that time! They were seated without a problem.

Oh - funny - like i said we've never had that problem, have you?

but then again we're always been pretty flexible on what time we eat. Usually pick the restuarants we want to go to during the vacation, hope to get ADR's on first choice of time / night but not that big of a deal for us if we have to go a different time or night. Ive actually had more trouble getting a table for 4, 5 or 6 when i've tried then just two. :confused3

Why would people be upset if someone books a table for three if only two show up - its not like the restuarant is going to sit you with perfect strangers becuz the table sits four anyways.

I think booking multiply ADRs for the same night and then NOT cancelling the minute you know what restuarant your not eating at is just plan mean since now you've really denied some family the chance of eating there and left a whole empty table not just an empty chair. IMHO thats a reason to flame someone, but i wont...i'll just whine

My reservations are usually for three or four people, so I've never had the problem. Many have poste4d about it though. Maybe it is a problem in some of the smaller restaurants like LC.

I had to do something like this on my last trip. It was actually the concierge I was working with that did it (Barbara at SSR). We were looking for ADR's for Boma for 4, and there was nothing available for 4, but there was for 5.

OP, I'm sorry if you've ever encountered any difficulty getting ADRs for two people. My DH and I have gone to WDW in 2002 and 2006, as well as booked all our ADRs for our trip at the end of this year. We've gotten every place and time we've wanted for the two of us, even to CRT, Narcoossee's and the like. I always find it interesting to hear when people have trouble getting such tables.

DH & I ran into this problem last year, and didn't even realize it...

Toward the end of our trip, we decided that we really wanted to go back to 'Ohana a second time. We tried every morning at our hotel to get a reservation, with no luck. Well, two days before we were to leave, we were in MK and the line for Guest Relations seemed pretty small, so we figured it was worth a shot.

We were thrilled - the CM found something right away! He even offered us two different times to choose from! So, I took the little confirmation slip that they give you and when I went to put it away, I noticed that the ADR was for 3 people. We went back inside, because I didn't want to have a problem at the restaurant, and the same CM told us it was fine, to just tell them at the podium that there would only be two. He told us basically the same thing that you're reading here...a lot of times tables for 2 are unavailable, but tables for 3 are always easier to come by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter