Graycliff Chocolatier – The Art of Chocolate Making and Factory Tour

When we went on the Dream New Years Eve cruise, my wife wanted to do this excursion. When we had decided on it, it was sold out. I contacted Graycliff, and they do offer this outside of the Disney ones. My wife prefers to go on the Disney offered excursions, in case there are any problems, so we did not opt to go on our own. Eventually someone must have cancelled, and we were able to book through DCL. Anyway, here is a a copy of the info I got from Graycliff. Not sure it is exactly the same as the Disney one, since this says duration 1 hour, but the price is a little less.

Graycliff Chocolatier – The Art of Chocolate Making and Factory Tour
Minimum: 6
Maximum: 24
Cost:
$49.95 per person (11 years +)
Hours:
Duration:
Available Monday to Saturday at 11:15am and 2:15pm
1 hour
Enter the world of chocolate for a fully-interactive experience from roasting beans to creating
scrumptious confections.
The Graycliff Chocolatier begins the journey with the surprising history of chocolate and its new
Bahamas home, trace the provenance of regional cocoa beans, and learn the importance of
promoting fair trade and organic farming.
Exploring the factory, see how cocoa beans become scrumptious candy and get hands-on as
these gems are roasted and ground into cocoa powder, mixed into liquid chocolate then poured
into sculpted moulds. Graycliff’s Chocolatier demonstrates techniques for dipping, glazing and
using moulds to craft bars, bits, bonbons, truffles, barks and cocktail pops.
Become an artist creating unique chocolate masterpieces with the finest Graycliff chocolate
paired with the freshest Bahamian mango, lime, sea grapes and genips; as well as the most
savoury and unlikely: sweet tomato, basil and bacon. Then taste the finest chocolate from white
and milk to the richest levels of dark.
All creations are packaged in a Graycliff Chocolatier box and presented with a Certificate of
Completion as a souvenir.

If our boxes had been that nice tan color we would have kept more than one! Ours were green and icky to our eyes.

We adored Kiki.:goodvibes

So glad to read all the positive reviews. I was a little bummed about Nassau "as in I didn't want to go to Atlantis", but a chocolatier excursion sounded awesome. Im really looking forward to booking this for my cruise on the Dream in September.

I'll be sailing on the Wonder in September and Nassau will be our last stop on our last day. This tour sounds great and something different so definitely thinking it might be a great option for my mom and I. :)

Just curious, does anyone know if we'd have any problems getting any leftover chocolate through customs? Just not sure as the chocolate is fresh and isn't wrapped propperly.

Thanks,

meg

I'll be sailing on the Wonder in September and Nassau will be our last stop on our last day. This tour sounds great and something different so definitely thinking it might be a great option for my mom and I. :)

Just curious, does anyone know if we'd have any problems getting any leftover chocolate through customs? Just not sure as the chocolate is fresh and isn't wrapped propperly.

Thanks,

meg

We had no problems getting our chocolate through customs. I just put it on the bottom of my tote bag and carried it off the ship.

Thanks,

meg

It is NOT a problem. Customs doesn't care about chocolate. They are looking for booze, fruit, meat, etc.

Just remember to eat the chocolate covered pineapple QUICKLY. The acids in the fruit start eating through the chocolate quickly, and you can end up with a very soggy mess if you leave it too long.

We're did this tour a couple of weeks ago.

It was fun, but we were not given the option if we wanted milk chocolate, which would have been nice as my kids are not really dark chocolate fans.

We did give the chocolate bars we made to our serving staff and they were thrilled.

we did this excursion last week. KiKi was great as our tour guide. we worked with dark chocolate and it was quite good. we made a chocolate bar, chocolate truffle, chocolate covered marshmellow and then free styled all the extra chocolate. in addition to the chocolate, you work with coconut, almonds, cranberries and peanuts, if I remember correctly. KiKi quizzed us at the end of the tour and the prizes were.......more chocolate. so pay attention to the tour in the beginning. We would definitely recommend this excursion.

ellen

Hi there, for those of you who did this excursion? Did you go into Nassau and look around before or did you stay on the ship until it was time to meet for the excursion? Is there even an option (it's our first cruise). Also, on the drive to the Graycliff, did the driver go through the shopping area? Did the route to Graycliff show you a bit of Nassau? Thanks!

Thanks,

meg

What is this "leftover chocolate" you speak of?! LOL! :rotfl2:

A question for those that have been... any problem finding a paper dress for a pooh-sized person? DH is at least a 3xl, and I'm not far behind him and fear that we may not be able to participate... thanks in advance!

A question for those that have been... any problem finding a paper dress for a pooh-sized person? DH is at least a 3xl, and I'm not far behind him and fear that we may not be able to participate... thanks in advance!

I am a size 22/24 and had no problem with the paper dress....it is like a hospital gown, it ties in the back - some people's tied together...mine had a gap but no one said anything....the think I hated was wearing the hairnet....I do not like anything touching my hair...I know strange but that is me...

We had a lot of fun on our excursion....of course it helped that we had a bunch a "characters" with us that were *trying* to get into trouble and make our tour guide (Kiki) laugh - she said her cheeks hurt at the end of our excursion because she was laughing so much!!!!!

For the person that asked about taking the chocolate off the ship...we are not fans of dark chocolate so I brought our chocolate bars home to one of my co-workers....it was packed in our carry on bags off the ship and also on the plane....

BTW...make sure you pay attention when your tour guide gives you the tour of the factory....there are trivia questions...and the prize is....more chocolate!!!!!!

Thanks for the quick response... I booked it!! It is the only shore excursion hubby is willing to do... we typically stay on the ship in Nassau!

Hi there, for those of you who did this excursion? Did you go into Nassau and look around before or did you stay on the ship until it was time to meet for the excursion? Is there even an option (it's our first cruise). Also, on the drive to the Graycliff, did the driver go through the shopping area? Did the route to Graycliff show you a bit of Nassau? Thanks!

It took us around a little bit. We went past the president's house, which let me really understand island housing and style.

What is this "leftover chocolate" you speak of?! LOL! :rotfl2:

DH is that size (or bigger at the time of our tour) and it wasn't a problem. It didn't actually fit, and at the end it was all ripped at the seams, but it didn't really matter. The factory is a small series of rooms in an old building with an historically old floor. It's not a big stainless steel, sterile, *factory*. You don't really get close to the chocolate that's really being made, and the guide (we had KiKi too) pays attention to you. :)

I am sooo super excited about doing this tour on our yet to be booked trip!!! :rotfl2: It seems like some people got milk and some people got dark chocolate. I would prefer dark and my kids probably milk....you think either way I would be able to ask and switch? :)

I am sooo super excited about doing this tour on our yet to be booked trip!!! :rotfl2: It seems like some people got milk and some people got dark chocolate. I would prefer dark and my kids probably milk....you think either way I would be able to ask and switch? :)

They seem to do ONE type during each tour. Ask, and that would be awesome if you get to switch, but I'm not sure it's something they do.

It was a fun tour, but going forward I would rather hire a taxi to take me there and wait for me while I go inside and buy chocolate goodies that THEY make. It's SOOOOOO much tastier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter