Grand floridian tea

i don't see why not. i know the next time we do it i'll be asking to replace the alpha sandwich with anything else.

it tasted like grass LOL

I have done this several times in the last few years. I took my DN when she was 6yo and she loved it- it took us about 2 1/2 to 3 hours cause she and her mom eat slow, and DN got the Strawberries with whipped cream for desert, BIG bowl of food!
And I took my brother last time- we both got the Grand Tea, and when the CM found out he did not like sparkling wine she said they had port, WOW! it was great! He hates, hates, hates any thing with mayo in it and still liked all the sandwiches.
I was there having tea alone a few trips ago and noticed a small group of teenage boys having tea, thought they might be from the UK, but they wern't- I asked them. They just thought it looked good, the pastries, the strawberries and so on, so they did "Tea". The were around 15 to 17 yo, I only noticed cause my DS is around that age, and I had never thought to take him, even thou he will try any thing food wise.
I hope to go in Sept for my B'day. It might be a solo trip, but this is such a great place I won't mind. And if not we have a trip in early Oct that has gone from 6 of us going to about 12 to 15 now.. won't know till Sept. We had to get two 3 bedroom places for us all, so if we decide to do Tea I will need to call asap! Hope they end up extending the Fireworks Desert Buffet at MK by then!

what a great thread about the tea cant wait to experience first hand with my mom. it looks like it will be a special time together

Thank you Kurby for all that info! I will be at the tea next week with my 19 y/o DD for the first time and I cannot wait!! I am so excited for this.

Thanks to those who posted pictures, they are beautiful!!

My mom and I did this a couple years ago, and I would love to take my new DH on our honeymoon this year. He said he doesn't care if he's the only guy there, but do you think he will look odd? (Again, not that he would care!!) Also, I can't remember, do they by chance have a pressed coffee he could drink or just tea? He would be fine with tea, but he LOVES coffee!

Thanks!

I dragged my DH there last year and he was very uncomfortable even though there was a table of 4 near us with 2 guys. If you are a party of 2, the tables are very close together. I enjoyed it, but he didn't....he couldn't wait to get out of there Just an FYI.

Can someone describe the English Trifle and that Swan dessert for me? Will be taking DD7 in several months and am trying to nail down my choices. Planning on the Grand Tea for me and prob Mrs. Pott's for her and maybe even add the strawberries and cream for good measure! Why not? You only live once! And this is such a special age/time for us right now- I just love finding magical things to do with her.

trifle is a dessert made with cake or lady fingers custard fruit or jam layered in a huge bowl

it's not my cup of tea but the rest of my family love it.

strawberrylemoncurdtrifle.jpg

This might be a stupid question. We're heading down to WDW in Dec for 8 days/7 nights. We're only doing 5 day park hoppers and on our down day I thought this would be something fun to do with just my mom. She's turning 60 this month and I won't be able to be with her on her birthday. So as a very belated gift I thought the tea would be fun.

If I do it, we'll do the Grand tea. My question is this - can you pick and choose which tea sandwiches you want or do they bring you all of them? There are things on the offerings list that I know I won't eat and possibly a few my mom won't.

Thanks!

YES! We have subbed other sandwiches. They will describe the menu to you and the selection before they bring it out and you can just let them know what you want. I LOVE the pear and gorgonzola. Hubby loves the onion tart. This is one of our favorite treats to do at the world.

Can someone describe the English Trifle and that Swan dessert for me? Will be taking DD7 in several months and am trying to nail down my choices. Planning on the Grand Tea for me and prob Mrs. Pott's for her and maybe even add the strawberries and cream for good measure! Why not? You only live once! And this is such a special age/time for us right now- I just love finding magical things to do with her.

The trifle is actually delicious. At the Tea it is basically a big scoop out of big one that is made and sitting there on ice. It is custard pudding, whipped cream, strawberries, and pound cake. There is a little bit of some alcohol/liqour in it but it is not noticable. The only reason I know this is that for some STRANGE reason, last year they carded us when we ordered the trifle because they said it had 'uncooked' alcohol in it. I think they brush the cake with a liquor and sugar syrup or something. But, like i said...not noticable.

The swans are pretty, but I didn't care for them much. They are shaped out of your basic cream puff dough and then they have a little poof of rasberry mousse sitting on their backs. Very pretty....but i'm not much for basic cream puffs. The chocolate covered strawberries that are offered are better and the trifle is just the best. The strawberries and cream (fresh whipped cream and tons of it ) is also just lovely!

usually when I make my trifle, I pour the liquor over the lady fingers, enough that the sponge is soaked but no soggy, so it could be strong depending on the cook ;)

someone was asking for info on the tea - I think this thread has lots of great info and pictures!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter