Grand Floridian studio rooms

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
We are booking a DVC rental next month. We always stay at AKV Kidani. This next trip my sister and niece are joining us. We are debating on renting our usual two bedroom at AKV or renting two studio rooms at GF. We do order groceries to make lunches each day. I've never seen a studio room, how much room is in the mini fridge? What size beds does the GF studios have? Thanks!!

The mini fridge is in fact that: A mini fridge. The picture in this Touring Plans post is an accurate depiction of what you'll find, with variances in cabinetry surrounding it: https://blog.touringplans.com/2016/09/05/walt-disney-world-resort-refrigerators/

A studio at VGF has 1 queen bed, a sofa sleeper, and a murphy single. They sleep 5 - 2 in the queen, 2 on sleeper, 1 on murphy.

There are only 47 total studios at VGF and for popular times they can go very quickly at 11 months.

You need at least one guest in each studio that is 18 or older. If your kids' ages are correct, you and your husband will each need to stay in one studio with the kids.

We are booking a DVC rental next month. We always stay at AKV Kidani. This next trip my sister and niece are joining us. We are debating on renting our usual two bedroom at AKV or renting two studio rooms at GF. We do order groceries to make lunches each day. I've never seen a studio room, how much room is in the mini fridge? What size beds does the GF studios have? Thanks!!
The mini fridge is the same size as those that you would find in a Disney hotel room.

Each VGF studio accommodates 5 guests + one infant//toddler under the age of 3 in a pack n play. The murphy bed folds down from the console below the TV. It's smaller than a twin bed.

As has been pointed out, there are only 47 VGF studios in the entire building. They are very popular and must be rented at the 11-month window if you want to stay there. These studios do not connect with another studio. All of them are lock-offs with a 1-bedroom villa on the other side of the connecting door. It's possible that you may not be near one another, or even on the same floor (there are 6 floors) if you get 2 studios.

TBH, even with saying all of that, your biggest challenge will be finding a VGF owner who is willing to rent their points out. The agencies just don't pay enough to make it worth it to someone who paid the premium price to buy in at that resort. Your best chances are to find a VGF owner on the Rent/Trade Board with enough points to book two studios for your dates. Be prepared to pay at least the agency rate of $17/point.

We were able to rent a GF studio for our upcoming October trip through a dvc rental agency. We rented right at 11 months and had to get a lake view for a slightly higher price than the standard view.

We love Animal Kingdom and were tempted to stay at Jambo House, but with a double and single stroller, the monorail convenience convinced us to return to the Grand Floridian.

Last trip we stayed in a 1 bedroom at GF, and while we loved it, we decided we didn't really *need* the extra space and full size kitchenette...so we decided to save the $ and stay in a studio this time.

I also rented for GF at 11 months out.. It was harder for me to get my Poly DVC rental than GF...

You mentioned that you get groceries to make lunch - aside from the smaller fridge ( that is quite small with no drawers ) you'll also find the prep areas are quite a bit smaller. If you're used to the 'full' kitchen at AKL this will be an adjustment.

There is also no freezer section in the mini fridge. I LOVE GFV and have stayed in the Studios twice, but if you’re used to actually cooking at the two bedroom this isn’t going to be good for you.

And, just saying, I got Xmas eve and day nights at a studio just a few weeks out, and was cobbling together a 5 night studio stay for Princess starting about 4 months and ending not even a month before the stay.

NO owner is going to work that hard for you, but just in general it has twice now been possible for me to do the impossible.

NO owner is going to work that hard for you, but just in general it has twice now been possible for me to do the impossible.
And therein lies the rub. While an owner, like yourself, is willing to stalk the website and put in for a wait list for a hard to get reservation for their own use, they are less likely to do so for a potential renter who could turn around and say "never mind". The rental agencies won't do it at all. If they don't have an owner already on their list when the booking window opens for your dates, then your request just sits in limbo until they do. Meanwhile, owners who aren't renting out can still be booking up those villas for your dates.

I'd rather have the 2br than two studios, but for 9 people is your sister and niece staying in your room?

I'd go with your usual and have them get a studio. To me that would be most comfortable.

The living room is so crowded with the sofa sleeper and chair sleeper pulled out. We did that a few years ago - had a one bedroom for the 4 of us. We made it work, but I disliked it. My kids are too big to share a bed.

No way would I have them share your room. That is just way too crowded to me for what I consider vacation.

And therein lies the rub. While an owner, like yourself, is willing to stalk the website and put in for a wait list for a hard to get reservation for their own use, they are less likely to do so for a potential renter who could turn around and say "never mind". The rental agencies won't do it at all. If they don't have an owner already on their list when the booking window opens for your dates, then your request just sits in limbo until they do. Meanwhile, owners who aren't renting out can still be booking up those villas for your dates.

I was just tired of hearing that it was totally impossible. :)

The act of getting them later is possible. Just not going to happen for a renter.

Probably one of my more useless posts. Sorry.

The act of getting them later is possible. Just not going to happen for a renter.

Ah, it's okay. But for renters... eh. And it's always good to warn the new DVC buyer that anything a guide told them about switching at 7 months may have been grossly overstated unless their guide told them the waitlist is a thing.

As an owner, I actually find it encouraging that you could do this. I was able to cobble together 6 nights in an AKV Value Studio during December by stalking the RAT and adding on one night at a time (done during the 11-month window). It is possible for owners to secure a hard to get reservation. But renters, not so much. I wouldn't put that much work in unless I was renting to a friend or family member. And even then, I would have to actually LIKE the family member!

We managed to rent 7 nights in a water view studio at GF DVC through David’s dvc for February at just 7.5 months out. There were no standard views available though. It’s not impossible at quiet times to get what you want.

The fridge and food prep area is very little. It was fine for snacking, but I wouldn’t want to prepare full meals in there! The location is amazing though, and we lucked out and were assigned one of the 4 studios that can see the fireworks at MK. That absolutely made my stay! Watching the water pageant and happily ever after from our balcony on the last night whilst toddler slept was just magical :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter