Grand Floridian spa

Gabe

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
I'm thinking of suprising my wife during our trip next month with a spa treatment.
I was wondering how do GF spa works. Do they sell packages?
I'm a guy so I know zero about this, but how could I get more info?
Also, do you need reservations? And how about prices?
Is there any discounts for DVC Members?

Any info would help!

Thanks

PS. any suggestions on what myself and our 6 year old can do meanwhile. I was thinking use the pool, since we are DVC and can pool hop.

My DH surprised my sister and I with a spa day a few years ago, and it was heavenly. The GF spa does have packages, but they are not discounted in any way for purchasing a package. If you get for example a massage, facial and manicure, you will pay the exact amount you'd pay if you had those services but not as a package. I say this because some of the spas around here offer discounts if you book packages as opposed to single treatments, but GF does not. The only discount I know of now is an AP discount. You should make resevations, especially if you're going at a busy time of the year. Tell your wife that she should bring her swimsuit because she can use the sauna and whirlpool at the spa if she wants. She can also use the fitness center while she is there if she feels like working out. I would highly recommend a massage or one of the baths, they are spectacular. You and your 6 year old could pool hop, or you could explore the resorts, head to MK or DTD for some ice cream and shopping.

This is a really nice thing you are trying to do for your wife, she will love you for it, trust me!!

Ann:earsgirl:

Gabe,

My DW is going to the GF Spa during our stay in October. The Polynesian concierge sent us an MS Word document with all their services and prices, as well as what to expect. They have both "a la carte" items - like a half hour massage, pedicure, facial - as well as packages of some things not offered the same way separately. She did make reservations, partially due to the fact that another Spa (Disney Institute / Sarasota Springs) is closed at that time - can't say for sure if it is essential or not. If you're comfortable doing so, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you that document; otherwise, you could probably have the GF Spa snail mail you something.

I wouldn't suggest the half hour massage, it's just not enough time, it seems like they are rushed and just getting warmed up and it's over. Go for the 50 minute massage, it's worth the extra $$. (I'm not big on the longer massages either, it just seems like it's "too long".)

The deluxe facial is incredible, the best facial I've ever had, hands down.

I used to get a manicure and pedicure there every time I went to WDW. But two of the best nail techs have left. TC has her own mobile nail service now--she'll come right to your hotel room, and her prices are 1/3 those at the GF Spa--for a better job than any of the current techs there will provide. Her email is fingersntoes1@cs.com if you want to make arrangements with her.

Anne

Originally posted by Gabe

PS. any suggestions on what myself and our 6 year old can do meanwhile. I was thinking use the pool, since we are DVC and can pool hop.

Here's a few tips.

First, the GF Spa is actually closer to the Polynesian than the GF. :rolleyes: If you will be driving over, you can park in the wedding chapel parking lot and you'll be right next to the Spa.

The Polynesian pool is MUCH nicer than the GF pool IMHO. Keep in mind that DVC Members are asked to call in advance to make sure the pool isn't at capacity, and there are blackout periods for pool hopping as well, so I'd suggest having an alternate plan just in case.

Depending on when your wife's appointment is for, you might want to look into Grand Adventures for Kids at the GF. The Pirate Cruise, Tea with Alice, and Grand Adventures in Cooking would all be good for a six year old. All should be reserved in advance, and all book up quickly, so I wouldn't delay.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter