• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian During Construction

2ndStarr

Mouseketeer
Is anyone not staying at GF because of the construction? We have a split stay booked for May and I'm having second thoughts. A year ago we were at the end of our stay at POFQ when construction started and we agreed that if it had been going on through our whole stay it would have been very bothersome. My biggest concerns would be possible noise and the construction walls (either cutting through property or blocking the beach and views).

Also- it looks like the current phase of construction blocks off the beach between GF and Poly. Does anyone know if you can still walk between the two resorts?

The construction was going on during our visit last summer and it absolutely impacted our resort choices (we split AKL/YC). We love the GF, but we did visit it and were definitely glad we weren't staying there during the construction. The beach and was walled off and the pool was open, but not a direct walk from the other buildings. I'm sure that other people will say that they don't mind it, but for what the GF charges it just wasn't worth it for my family. :confused3

I just changed it to WL. The main reason we stay on property is for the feel and theming, and we spend quite a bit of time at the resort. Its too much money to take a chance.

We will be there for a few days this summer-- I am hoping the courtyard pool will be completed. Does anyone have any updates about the courtyard pool?

2ndStarr said:
Is anyone not staying at GF because of the construction? We have a split stay booked for May and I'm having second thoughts. A year ago we were at the end of our stay at POFQ when construction started and we agreed that if it had been going on through our whole stay it would have been very bothersome. My biggest concerns would be possible noise and the construction walls (either cutting through property or blocking the beach and views).

Also- it looks like the current phase of construction blocks off the beach between GF and Poly. Does anyone know if you can still walk between the two resorts?

You can still walk from GF to Poly. We stayed during construction and still had a great time.

We debated back and forth if we should stay there during construction. We'll be there in June. I think the courtyard pool is supposed to be done this month, so it won't affect us. The only thing will be the beach...which we didn't really use anyway....and DVC construction.

After much debate, my DH said he wanted to go back, regardless. So....we're going and we'll make the best of what're is there because we love it that much. pixiedust: and I'll be honest, I'm soooooo excited to go, even with a little construction.

I'm currently locked and loaded for a main building, RPC King Delux room for my honeymoon.. and am legitimately nervous with the construction. I obviously want it to be perfect for the honeymoon, and am concerned the construction noise and ugly walls will impact our experience. This will be our first time since ~10 yrs ago..

I'm going to keep the reservation and cross my fingers.. i've always wanted to try RPC. Hopefully both the pool and beach walls will be down by June 15th!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter