Grand Californian Super Thread

Sorry, I was talking about the mini Gay Days tickets for March--is that what you were referring to?
Yes. In a couple weeks, it will be about 2 months before the event. If they aren't online at that time, just check back once per week. If you are on their email list, they will email you when they are for sale, but they are usually posted on the website before emails go out.

Yes. In a couple weeks, it will be about 2 months before the event. If they aren't online at that time, just check back once per week. If you are on their email list, they will email you when they are for sale, but they are usually posted on the website before emails go out.
Great, thank you!

Does anyone know if they are making any changes to the pool area? I know the pool area is closed, but just wondered if that was due to other construction, or are they making some changes to that area too?

Do you know if this restriction is only during construction, or will this be after it is completed as well?

Permanent with the new DTD security changes. ONLY GCH registered guests can enter through the front doors of the Grand anymore and you must show a GCH room key to use DCA entrance before 11am. All other visitors including PPH and DLH guest now need to walk through DTD to enter the parks or enter CGH from DTD.

Anyone can still exit as always.

Permanent with the new DTD security changes. ONLY GCH registered guests can enter through the front doors of the Grand anymore and you must show a GCH room key to use DCA entrance before 11am. All other visitors including PPH and DLH guest now need to walk through DTD to enter the parks or enter CGH from DTD.

Thank you!! Can't wait to see if it makes a difference during our stay in August :-)

Does anyone know if they are making any changes to the pool area? I know the pool area is closed, but just wondered if that was due to other construction, or are they making some changes to that area too?

Jack hammers are pounding away out there now. I haven't look out that direction yet though.

I was told at check in they are running a shuttle front the Grand over to The DLH pool every 15 minutes so you don't have to walk if you want to use the pool there.

I posted this on the VGC owners group, but haven't had any responses, so thought I might try here :goodvibes :

Question about moving rooms in the middle of a VGC stay. Right now we have a 2-bedroom the first night and a 1-bedroom the following nights (I have waitlisted for a 1-bedroom the first night). If we do not get the 1 bedroom off the waitlist, I assume we are going to have to check out, have our luggage held by the bell desk, and then check back in when the 1-bedroom becomes available. Will the bell desk hold cold items in a refrigerator for us until we can check back in?

Can anyone comment on whether or not the lines to get into DCA during EMH have gotten shorter with the new security changes? Or is it still faster to go through the main DCA entrance? We will be staying at the GCH in a couple of weeks. Any insights would be appreciated.

I'm sure they will especially if you are transferring from a villa. If they don't they should be reported!
Yes, villa to villa. They have always been great about holding groceries for us until we get our room, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem . . . I'd wait to have most of our groceries delivered until we were in our longer-term room if it is an issue. Maybe I'll call and ask just to make sure. Thanks! :goodvibes

I posted this on the VGC owners group, but haven't had any responses, so thought I might try here :goodvibes :

Question about moving rooms in the middle of a VGC stay. Right now we have a 2-bedroom the first night and a 1-bedroom the following nights (I have waitlisted for a 1-bedroom the first night). If we do not get the 1 bedroom off the waitlist, I assume we are going to have to check out, have our luggage held by the bell desk, and then check back in when the 1-bedroom becomes available. Will the bell desk hold cold items in a refrigerator for us until we can check back in?

They should absolutely keep your cold stuff cold. We have moved from the DLH to GCV and even between report moves, they will keep your items cold.

I was in villa 5514, which faces redwood creek.
This villa is very quiet.

There might be many requests to face Paradise Pier, and this is the first on my list not facing that way.
Perhaps why I've received this villa (and 4514) several times.

Thanks Nonsuch ,
We requested exactly this ..............
"Prefer a high floor with Paradise Pier Park View.
The room order of preference is: 6502, 5508, 4508, 5502, 4502, 3508, 3502 "
Little over a week to go , so fingers crossed we do not get the pool construction view or a lower floor (we dont like them) .

Little odd though .............
DVC sent us a new confirmation e-mail since we had to add our (grown) daughter to the reservation as she has decided to join us :cloud9: .
The new confirmation e-mail only says , under requests ............."guest requests higher floor" . THATS IT !
Hopefully the rest of our request is just not available for us to see, and is still on our reservation for the room scheduler to see ! :headache:

Can anyone comment on whether or not the lines to get into DCA during EMH have gotten shorter with the new security changes? Or is it still faster to go through the main DCA entrance? We will be staying at the GCH in a couple of weeks. Any insights would be appreciated.
I've been wondering the same thing.

Thanks Nonsuch ,
We requested exactly this ..............
"Prefer a high floor with Paradise Pier Park View.
The room order of preference is: 6502, 5508, 4508, 5502, 4502, 3508, 3502 "
Little over a week to go , so fingers crossed we do not get the pool construction view or a lower floor (we dont like them) .

Little odd though .............
DVC sent us a new confirmation e-mail since we had to add our (grown) daughter to the reservation as she has decided to join us :cloud9: .
The new confirmation e-mail only says , under requests ............."guest requests higher floor" . THATS IT !
Hopefully the rest of our request is just not available for us to see, and is still on our reservation for the room scheduler to see ! :headache:

I think that's promising that they even list your request. I have never seen it listed on our confirmation.

This question might be a little premature, but has anyone stayed in an updated room yet on the regular hotel side? Have they changed the bathrooms around or is the sink area still separate from the shower? What did you think of the new decor? Thanks.

This question might be a little premature, but has anyone stayed in an updated room yet on the regular hotel side? Have they changed the bathrooms around or is the sink area still separate from the shower? What did you think of the new decor?
I'm also very curious about remodeled hotel rooms, but none had been completed in early December (and there was no work during December). Interior renovations of regular rooms has likely just started, or will start soon. The concept drawings posted in the GCH lobby do not show any details about the bathrooms. Unconfirmed, but someone posted that most rooms will not have bathtubs.

The lighter color scheme, already completed in VGC, is a welcome change.

Thanks Nonsuch! I am looking forward to seeing the changes, but hoping they don't change up the bathroom layout too much. The double sink area outside of the shower area was really convenient for my family when getting ready for the parks in the mornings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter