GRAND CALIFORNIAN : Room Views?

I think it depends on how much time you spend in your room. If I had little kids that took naps and went to bed early I might pay that upgrade. It would be nice to sit out on the balcony and see the action and the Electrical Parade. However, when we went in June, we had a standard view and it was lovely. Facing a courtyard and the monorail. We loved to sit out there and enjoy the setting and quiet. I think other standard views have views of the parking lot/driveway but that wouldn't really bother me either. My brother had a DTD view last week and enjoyed that and said once they closed the sliding door it was very quiet. I might add that DTD view was an upgrade sine he had only paid for standard. So I think it just all boils down to if you will enjoy that upgraded view enough to pay for it.

That really depends on the person. If you don't hang out in the room and spend all your time at the parks, I wouldn't waste money on the view. If you aren't one to sit out on the balcony at night or people watch, the view won't matter much because most of the time you are in the room, your eyes will be closed!

If you are one that likes to enjoy it, then I say the view is totally worth it because you can enjoy it and there are some really GREAT views there. One other reason that I have paid for view there is it's the only view directly into a theme park on Disney property.

I will try to find a picture of our standard view which was of the monorail courtyard. It wasn't bad and the kids liked watching the monorail go right by us!!

Andrea

07-17-2006062139PM.jpg

Amy & Dan, apparently not only do we think the same, but we had the same view in June!!!

Andrea

I also have to add that one Disney hotel I will pay that upgrade for is Paradise Pier. Since its set a bit further back from DCA and a highrise you can have incredible views of the whole DCA park. And I think that upgrade charge is less than the GCH one. Since GCH does have nice standard views I don't but then again I am not in the room much. Which makes me wonder why I even like to stay onsite in the first place sometimes!

I also have to add that one Disney hotel I will pay that upgrade for is Paradise Pier. Since its set a bit further back from DCA and a highrise you can have incredible views of the whole DCA park. And I think that upgrade charge is less than the GCH one. Since GCH does have nice standard views I don't but then again I am not in the room much. Which makes me wonder why I even like to stay onsite in the first place sometimes!

I hear ya there, but there is just something about staying onsite that can't really be explained in my case. I'm not even sure what it is, just something I can't quite put my finger on but it's always nice to just "be" onsite! It must be magic, right?

I do agree about Paradise Pier although when we have stayed there, we have gotten lucky and gotten a park view on a high floor for no extra charge. But that was in serious old off season, don't know if that even happens anymore!

Andrea

We had a standard view and actually really enjoyed watching the monorail come and go from our balcony overlooking the monorail courtyard.

I agree with all the other posts. Just wanted to add, if you decide to upgrade, our favorite is the pool view rooms. At the time my youngest was two and still took naps. It was great because my DH could take older DS to the pool while I stayed with younger DS in the room. I could watch from the balcony and signal/shout back and forth. It's a very pretty view of the pool area and PP to the side. Plus the elevators are steps away.

I have nothing to add other than all these posts about GC are getting me very excited for our upcoming trip, Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter