Got Youth Activities Questions? Ask Me Anything :)

My daughter is 4 and my son is 3 — we will be cruising on the Dream.

The 3yo is still in diapers. I was under the impression that he would have to go to the nursery, but others online have said that their diapered 3 year olds were let into the oceaneer club if parents came back to change diapers when needed. He does not use the bathroom at all yet.

From looking at the nursery vs. club, the club would be more appropriate for him for activities. He’s used to playing with and keeping up with big sister.

They are really close and best buddies and it’d be a bummer to split them up, but I totally understand if we have to. We just have the late dinner seating so it would be nice to be able to take advantage of that option too.

Like I said, I assumed we had to split them into the nursery and oceaneer club, but some folks online have mentioned that they were given exceptions if they came back to change diapers.

Let me know your thoughts!

My daughter is 4 and my son is 3 — we will be cruising on the Dream.

The 3yo is still in diapers. I was under the impression that he would have to go to the nursery, but others online have said that their diapered 3 year olds were let into the oceaneer club if parents came back to change diapers when needed. He does not use the bathroom at all yet.

From looking at the nursery vs. club, the club would be more appropriate for him for activities. He’s used to playing with and keeping up with big sister.

They are really close and best buddies and it’d be a bummer to split them up, but I totally understand if we have to. We just have the late dinner seating so it would be nice to be able to take advantage of that option too.

Like I said, I assumed we had to split them into the nursery and oceaneer club, but some folks online have mentioned that they were given exceptions if they came back to change diapers.

Let me know your thoughts!
Hi! It’s a very common question! Once a child is 3, they are eligible for the Club/Lab and they have a right to come in. I personally have seen kids allowed in with pull ups ( with the parents agreeing to check on them every 30-60 minutes). I have also seen cases where they were not allowed. Technically, diapers and pull ups are not allowed as they are a USPH issue. I cannot comment on what the managers and CMs on your cruise will say, however having seen both scenarios, you may be ok :)

Hi! It’s a very common question! Once a child is 3, they are eligible for the Club/Lab and they have a right to come in. I personally have seen kids allowed in with pull ups ( with the parents agreeing to check on them every 30-60 minutes). I have also seen cases where they were not allowed. Technically, diapers and pull ups are not allowed as they are a USPH issue. I cannot comment on what the managers and CMs on your cruise will say, however having seen both scenarios, you may be ok :)

Thank you so much! :)

Shay,

Our last cruise the counselors for the kids club only picked up at the second meal. Has this changed and do they pick up from the first meal as well?

Shay,

Our last cruise the counselors for the kids club only picked up at the second meal. Has this changed and do they pick up from the first meal as well?
Hello! No sorry, dine and play is only for the second seating. S x

Hello Shay,

My daughter will be 7 on our first cruise(star wars cruise on the fantasy). Does characters visit the clubs? any recommendations on some of the best things to do for that age group of things listed on the navigator?
Thank you so much!

On the Fantasy, they do apparently pick up from both main and second dining. I think this only happens on the Fantasy though. See the DCL Blog for Day 1 Navigators from the Fantasy.

On the Fantasy, they do apparently pick up from both main and second dining. I think this only happens on the Fantasy though. See the DCL Blog for Day 1 Navigators from the Fantasy.
Sorry about that, I have not worked on the Fantasy and was unaware of this. They should do it across all ships!!

Hello Shay,

My daughter will be 7 on our first cruise(star wars cruise on the fantasy). Does characters visit the clubs? any recommendations on some of the best things to do for that age group of things listed on the navigator?
Thank you so much!
Hi! Your first cruise, how exciting!! Yes the characters visit the Club/Lab. Mostly for specific programming but also sometimes completely randomly! It depends on what she likes really! Some that I like are the Aloha Luau, Pluto’s PJ Party, Anyone Can Cook, Piston cup, science stuff...

Hi Shay, thanks for doing this! We'll be taking our first DCL cruise in February and I'm just trying to anticipate how the Oceaneer's Lab/Club works. Is there ever a time when both sides of Oceaneers are in Open House? I'm concerned about booking an activity and finding out too late that we can't check in our son (5). Thanks!

Hi Shay, thanks for doing this! We'll be taking our first DCL cruise in February and I'm just trying to anticipate how the Oceaneer's Lab/Club works. Is there ever a time when both sides of Oceaneers are in Open House? I'm concerned about booking an activity and finding out too late that we can't check in our son (5). Thanks!
Hi! The only time both the Club and Lab are in Open House at the same time is for some time on Embark day. Other than that, there will always be secured programming in at least one of the spaces. Please let me know if you have any other questions! Enjoy your cruise :)

Hi, thank you for a great thread. I hate to even ask this but have any additional protocols been put in place to protect children from the recent DCL news?

Hi, thank you for a great thread. I hate to even ask this but have any additional protocols been put in place to protect children from the recent DCL news?
I don't think it is fair to ask this CM helping who is people with their kid club questions to talk about internal protocol... She (I think? Lol) cannot speak for Disney management and might get in trouble for speaking about a topic like this on her own. I think this is a question that should be directed at Disney directly if you have specific concerns.

I don't think it is fair to ask this CM helping who is people with their kid club questions to talk about internal protocol... She (I think? Lol) cannot speak for Disney management and might get in trouble for speaking about a topic like this on her own. I think this is a question that should be directed at Disney directly if you have specific concerns.
She said any questions. That was my question. She is free to decline to answer. Company employees are often given talking points they are allowed to share when an incident involving their company is very public. Companies know people will ask questions of employees on forums, soccer practice, or family get togethers and often arm those employees with material to help the employee as well as the company.

She said any questions. That was my question. She is free to decline to answer. Company employees are often given talking points they are allowed to share when an incident involving their company is very public. Companies know people will ask questions of employees on forums, soccer practice, or family get togethers and often arm those employees with material to help the employee as well as the company.
Well she posted that well before this incident became public so it's pretty disingenuous to pretend that is what she meant, and pretty unkind to put a counselor who only meant to be helpful on the spot like that. Call Disney and ask to speak to a manager if you have concerns, don't put a counselor posting here on her private time to be helpful on the spot to quote the company line unofficially. If all you're looking for are 'talking points" then it is more appropriate to go through official channels.

Hi Shay! My young grandson fell in love with a worker in the kids club on the Wonder a couple years back. Her name was Elena. The next time we sailed the Wonder, he was sad to find out she was now on the Fantasy. We may be on the Fantasy this January, and I'm wondering if she will be there, or if she even still works on the cruise line kids club? Thanks!

I have a 4 year old DS and 11 year old DD. My daughter lover her little brother and wants to be nice and go with him to Oceaneers club vs Edge. I think that is sweet, but she might get bored fast. Can kids go between the 2 clubs (fantasy ship)? Will they have fun older games for her age or is that the point of Edge?

I have a 4 year old DS and 11 year old DD. My daughter lover her little brother and wants to be nice and go with him to Oceaneers club vs Edge. I think that is sweet, but she might get bored fast. Can kids go between the 2 clubs (fantasy ship)? Will they have fun older games for her age or is that the point of Edge?
Hi! She is more than welcome to stay in the Club/Lab, and a lot of the older children still enjoy many of the programs. However she can go back and forth between the two whenever she wants.

Hi Shay! My young grandson fell in love with a worker in the kids club on the Wonder a couple years back. Her name was Elena. The next time we sailed the Wonder, he was sad to find out she was now on the Fantasy. We may be on the Fantasy this January, and I'm wondering if she will be there, or if she even still works on the cruise line kids club? Thanks!
Hello! I am not quite sure. I will ask around and see if anyone knows :)

Well she posted that well before this incident became public so it's pretty disingenuous to pretend that is what she meant, and pretty unkind to put a counselor who only meant to be helpful on the spot like that. Call Disney and ask to speak to a manager if you have concerns, don't put a counselor posting here on her private time to be helpful on the spot to quote the company line unofficially. If all you're looking for are 'talking points" then it is more appropriate to go through official channels.

Your judgment is not why I came here. I asked a question that you were free not to reply to. I was not rude. I did not demand an answer. I did not blame or berate anyone. The problem here is that we all think it is our job to judge others via a keyboard. If you disagree and feel i am crossing a line than i am certain this forum as most do have a mechanism for reporting me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter