Got to get in shape for that 8/20 DCL repositioning cruise

Have a great work out, Mary. One day at a time is the only way to go. Together, we can do this.

Katholyn

Just did my WATP. Trying to make myself exercise more regularly. I don't know why I hate it so much. I'm such a <i>slug</i> when it comes to exercise.

Katholyn

Hi Katholyn,

Okay I am not going on this cruise but I just wanted to say that from those pictures of you at your sons wedding if you stayed exactly as is you are stunning!

Sue:D

Thank you, Sue. That was one of the happiest days of my life.

I am cruising in March and am trying to get the motivation to lose something. I have made every excuse I can think of and need to start. My dogs need exercise as well so I think I am going to start by walking the dogs daily. My HUGE problem is that I drive around for work and the fast food is so tempting. I started taking sack lunches to eat as I drive this week so that will help.

Count me in....I have lost over 50lbs on the chemo diet, but have another 50 to go. I joined Curves and loved it, but haven't been back in a while because I feel so nasty. However, I am almost done with chemo and want to keep off the weight I have lost and lose some more before the cruise, not to mention get in shape for all the wandering around the bars in Cabo and Acapulco!!pirate:

We can do it!!!!

Laura

Hi <b>pooh luver</b>. Great idea making your lunch. Walking the dogs should be great exercise, too.

Welcome, <b>AuntyBrat</b>. I hope you are feeling 100% better very soon. I know how rough chemo can make you feel.

Your right, AuntyBrat, we <i>can</i> do it. We'll all do it together!

Katholyn

Good morning everyone!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I was hoping to post something really motivational this morning but I am at a loss..lol

I had a good food weekend. Stayed in control and counted my points. Weekends are always tougher for me. I will work out during my lunch hour with my personal trainer. I really splurged on myself and booked 10 sessions. I had better see some results or my hubby will kill me. I do feel better though.

Enough babbling.

Have a good day.!

Katholyn,

I did have a good workout..thank you. I am a slug and need to move this big booty so this working out is truly a miracle for me.

Take care.

Mary

Walked so much at Disneyland that I don't think I gained anything. Just started back on the low carb diet last week, so actually haven't made any progress yet with the vacation the last few days. I am hoping to get to circuit training class tonight. If I do it will be something because I am so tired today. I hope this week makes me a "loser"!:teeth:

Good to see you Hollyster!

Mary, the fact that you posted here is motivating in itself.

We're going to do this together!

Hi everyone,

Just checking in here. Glad to see some new posts. Just back from the gym again. Seems like I keep posting the same thing..lol

Tomorrow is my weigh in at Weight Watchers. I will be unable to post until Friday when we get our machine back at home.

At the risk of repeating myself (yet again), we can do this ladies!!! We've got a little over 9 months to make a difference. Starting now will enable us to do this at a healthy pace. Just think of ourselves up on deck all celebrating our weight losses wearing an incredibly sexy outfit :p. Ok, this is disney so an incredibly great looking outfit will suffice.lol.

Anyway.

Take care.

Mary

Okay, I'm back from the Halloween cruise and I'm in for this thread. I haven't been on the scales yet but I can feel from my clothes that the 7 days on the Magic has had an effect. Thank God I did a lot of walking at WDW before and after we cruised and that we always took the stairs instead of the lifts. Otherwise I could be enormous right now. The food on the ship is just too tempting - at least for someone like me who can resist anything except temptation!

Karen

Originally posted by maryisme
Just think of ourselves up on deck all celebrating our weight losses wearing an incredibly sexy outfit :p.
I have my eye on an especially pretty white beaded evening outfit! I assume we will have at least one formal night!

I have been on Atkins for a year now, and though my weight loss stalled out about 5 months ago, I have lost 28 pounds and kept them off. I still have a ways to go, but now that cool weather has returned, I find I have nothing to wear that doesn't involve safety pins and belts! :eek: Even my shirts are too big. So I went shopping this weekend. I found that that I no longer need to shop in the women's dept--have slimmed down enough to shop in the misses dept! :Pinkbounc

I joined a walking group with four other women at work, got a pedometer and started keeping track of my daily activity. We all update the same spreadsheet with our daily step total, and it's very motivating to have that accountability. No one wants to be the one to drop the ball! It also is beginning to have a positive effect on my sluggish weight loss :)

OK, off the couch!

So far, so good. I have been to the gym this morning and am managing to eat quite healthily so far. I do miss all the goodies on the cruise though. Still only 283 days to go.

...hope it's OK to jump in. Just wanted to say that I am also on the 8/20/05 repositioning cruise, and you all are inspiring me! I would like to lose a few pounds, and just as importantly, improve my fitness level, so I can enjoy all the great things in store for us on this cruise! After reading your posts, I brought in workout clothes and went down to my company's gym for the first time today, over my lunch hour. I always have "gym fear," afraid I'll look like a dork on the equipment, but today, no one was there, so I could get the hang of the elliptical machine, something I'd never tried before (very cool). It felt really great to work out. I've been somewhat of a slug for the past six weeks or so, and your posts were the extra push I needed to get going--especially at this time of year, when all I want to do is be best friends with the couch. Now, if I can just keep it up...

Anyway, much thanks!:D

We can do it, y'all. I just need to exercise more. I don't know <i>why</i> that is my weak point.

Katholyn

Ok everyone...I'm on the June 11th cruise and need to shape up!
My DH and DS are on Atkins and have lost 75lbs since Jan. I eat mostly what they eat, but I tend to cheat alot because I am smaller than them. They have will power I don't have, but I have energy to exercise that they don't have. I need motivation not to cheat. It doesn't help that I went to Disneyland last weekend and went into the candy store and bought caramels for myself and my exercise teacher was sick so I missed 2 classes this week. (and I am going back to DL on Saturday with my sister...must stay out of the candy store!) I wanted to let you know that you can check for a Jazzercise class in your area if you go to their website and put in your zip. These classes are so fun. Kind of a dance aerobics. (a little funk, a little county, a little of everything) I love my teacher and my class. Here's the link....

Jazzercise

Debbie

WOW! You've done great with Atkins!

I'll share my willpower with you if you can find a way to make me get away from this computer and work out more.

Okay, I'll share my willpower anyway. I'm glad you decided to join us. WISH is a very motivating place.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter