Got to get in shape for that 8/20 DCL repositioning cruise

nativetxn

<font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono
Anyone else? Do we have any WISHers who will be on that cruise next August?

I hope I can be at goal by then. I just started induction again yesterday to jump start my weight loss.

Need to increase my exercise, too. That is my weakest point.

Katholyn

Yes, I'll be on that cruise, and yes, I need to get in shape!! I have a lot of weight to get off. I already exercise, but I think I need to change it around. I think my body may be used to it. I walk and go to Curves.

Denise

I'm glad you decided to join us, Denise. We'll help each other stay motivated, okay? I know I can use all the help I can get.

Good for you for going to Curves. Do you follow the Curves eating plan?

We have lots of WISHers who follow that plan.

Katholyn

I will be on that cruise as well with 2 of my friends....I just joined WW on the 7th of October and lost 8 lbs. so far but need to say more motivated...thanks for starting this.

MJ

Welcome to WISH mmouse. You've already lost 8 pounds? That's a great start. Visit WISH often and we'll help motivate each other.

We have lots of WISHers who follow the WW plan, so if you have any questions about the program, all you have to do is ask and you will receive helpful replies.

Katholyn

I'm Kath's cabinmate on the cruise. I better get back on plan so we both look stunning on formal night

1034522348.gif
Oh, how I WISH I were booked for that cruise. It sounds like a once in a lifetime experience! I know you ladies will have blast. Give ::MickeyMo a big hug from me!

Add me to the list of 08/20/2005 repo cruisers that need to drop weight and get in shape ... I plan on starting after I return from our 4 nights on the Wonder 11/14-18/2004. :teeth:

Count me in! Just started this week, low carb and circuit training classes. My hurdle for the week is Disneyland on Thursday and we will be there 4 days. Hopefully all the walking will keep me on an even keel. I want to get right back on track as soon as I get back too! We are taking the West Coast cruise in June!princess:

:confused: Is this "only" for the 8/20 repositioning cruise? I'm on the "other" one:rolleyes: but really need to work on my pooh shape;)

Robin

Nope. Anyone can join this thread. Glad you dropped by WISH, sweetie. I hope you visit often. WISH can be very motivating. We'll help you along the road to goal. All we ask in return is that <i>you</i> help <i>us</i>.

Katholyn

I'll be on this cruise too. I've been on Atkins for just over a year now and lost 29 lbs before my first Magic-al cruise last April. Desserts were really my downfall on that trip, with our server bringing one or two extras every night -- "just in case of emergency" he said....I gained 6 pounds which took a month to lose. Since then 4 of those have sneaked back on, and refuse to "get lost". I've been really stuck for five months now. Mid-October I joined a walking team at work, and we are virtually walking to all the western national parks. This seems to be helping, but it's too early to tell. I saw a gorgeous formal outfit in a store a few days ago...but with 40 pounds to go, I guess I'll wait a bit.

not on the cruise but DS & I are taking our first mother/son WDW vaca Aug 18-27
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Count me in. I had started low carbing again last monday 10/25 and was doing well until last weekend when my dog died... Ive been bumming since then and have totally gone off plan. Im hoping my mood improves in the next few days so that I can concentrate on dieting again.

Ginny

Katholyn,

I tried the Curves diet on a 6 week program, and did lose some weight, but didn't really like the diet. I was recenlty on LA Weight Loss, and lost 30 pounds, but can't justify the expense to stay with them, so have been trying on my own. I have gained back some of that weight.

The only consistent thing I have going for me is that I exercise 1 hour a day, either 1/2 walk on the treadmill and 1/2 hour at Curves, or else 1 hour on the treadmill. I go to Curves 3-4 days a week.

I am a very picky eater, so a lot of diet plans don't work for me. I am trying to come up with a low calorie/low fat plan that I don't mind eating, and will stick with. So far I haven't figured it out and am getting quite depressed about it.

Denise

Katholyn,

What a great thread!! Thanks for starting it. I was thinking of posting also but was feeling a bit shy about it.

I have alot of weight to lose. I started weight watchers and am working with a personal trainer. I am serious about doing this. My goal is to look and feel great on our repo cruise.

We can do this!!

Mary

I am planning on going on a cruise in November 2006. I started losing weight for my first cruise in November 2003. I am down 30 pounds since 2003. I use the LA weight loss system. I know it is a bit pricey but I really like the one on one attention they give me. My big problem now is that my excercise options are limited. During summer & fall, my kids in baseball, softball, and soccer give me plenty of time to excercise. Now I have to fit in a trip to the gym. I really do enjoy being outside for excercise. Good luck all. I need to lose another 50 pounds before November 2006. I know I can do. The cruise makes it all more magical.::MinnieMo

My DH and I are cruising in January. I lost 70lbs in 2002 counting calories and exercising. I would like to get toned in "ONLY 2 Months!!! Crazy I know. Espically with the holidays. I am doing good with the exercising and weight training. I just cannot stop eating!!! My body thinks it is famished. I am having a hard time getting the mindset. Hopefully this thread will make me more accountable.

Another 8/20 cruiser here who needs to lose weight! I struggle with a thyroid problem which was a factor in my original weight gain. However, I want to look terrific for this cruise!

I'm thinking of following a combination of South Beach and Weight Watchers; low-carb eating (which seemed to work for me for a little while) and the accountability of weekly weigh-ins.

I'll be happy to cheer on others' efforts in return for some encouragement on my own journey.

Katholyn and Karen - glad you'll be aboard the "ship of fools"! (Not exactly sure how we got that name - but it stuck!)

Arlene

Hi all :wave2:,

Just checking in this afternoon. Hope everyone is having a good day. Remember, one day at a time. I have a huge amount of weight to lose so I am saying that for myself also!! If i look at the "big" picture it would be sooooo overwhelming.

I'm off to the gym (lunch break). Have a great day!!

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter