Goofy Proposes, Fi Falls for Sleeping Beauty & we Celebrate our Engagement NEW 6/18!

Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful, and what a sweet proposal!

Loving your trip so far, can't wait to read the rest! I love that you guys took pictures with the characters... even without kids along, it's one of my favorite things to do.

Man I need some bacon now :rotfl:

DFi is way to smitten with those princesses! :rotfl2:

When I have a reservation for something I HATE to be late – it stresses me out (as you will see in a later update).

Me too! :headache:

We arrived at Akershus and I immediately loved the Norway pavilion. So cute!

26e532f6.jpg

c3390522.jpg

Love these empty street pictures!

I loved the interior of the restaurant - I felt quite royal!!
52fe1845.jpg

Ya'll must have been the first guests on that morning!

And soon, our plate of food arrived – bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and potato casserole (which I ate way too much of).
Can you believe the amount of bacon on this plate?!
49933b52.jpg

This looks yummy! :dance3:

Overall, our breakfast at Akershus was AMAZING! I had pretty high expectations for this restaurant and they were definitely met! It was even better than I had expected.

We've had breakfast at the castle before, and really weren't too impressed with the meal itself--realized we really paid for the atmosphere. But this meal looks delish. :thumbsup2 Maybe we need to try it!

Just caught up with your TR! Congratulations on your engagement!! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more about your trip! :banana: (and yes, that is A LOT of bacon! :) )

Thank you! I'm so glad to have you reading along. We couldn't believe the bacon! :rotfl:

No way!! You had the same waitress we had back in May!! Take a look!!! (the girls wanted their pics taken with her b/c they thought she was as pretty as a princess--so did DH!!)

We LOVED Camilla!!! :lovestruc So it looks like you had a wonderful breakfast!! LOL at Aurora!!! :lmao: We just LOVE eating at Akershus and will be eating there again in May!

Oh my goodness, I KNEW she looked familiar! I kept thinking to myself...I've seen her somewhere...but I couldn't put my finger on where. It had to have been your TR! Wasn't she lovely?! She and our waitress from Le Cellier were the only names that that I remembered because they were both exceptional.

We've (especially FI :lmao:) definitely got Akershus on our list for out next trip as well!

Well that update made me hungry for bacon ;)

Your DFi looks mighty happy to be around those princesses. :love:

Glad you had a much better meal this time around! I too don't understand why Epcot make you wait to enter for the 8am breakfasts. It's a good 15-20 minute walk to Norway (over a mile I believe from something I read before). Don't they get that everyone is going to want to walk slow and take pics?

Yeah, our plate was a bacon-lovers paradise for sure :lmao:

And FI was most definitely happy with the princesses - it's written all over his face!

I was really surprised at how long they kept us waiting at the gate - I would have slept later if I knew that! They should know better ;) haha.

Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful, and what a sweet proposal!

Loving your trip so far, can't wait to read the rest! I love that you guys took pictures with the characters... even without kids along, it's one of my favorite things to do.

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying the report :goodvibes

I sometimes feel silly at the character meals being adults with no kids but we so enjoy it. When I was younger the character meals were my absolute FAVORITE part of my trips to Disney, so it's still really special to me :lovestruc

Man I need some bacon now :rotfl:

DFi is way to smitten with those princesses! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: at the bacon! And doesn't FI look happy? Hehe. I sometimes have a hard time getting him to smile for pictures...he likes to look "serious" :confused3 But boy I didn't have a hard time getting him to smile that morning!!! :rotfl:

We've had breakfast at the castle before, and really weren't too impressed with the meal itself--realized we really paid for the atmosphere. But this meal looks delish. :thumbsup2 Maybe we need to try it!

Thanks for all of your comments!

You must try Akershus! Everything about it was great - the service, the food, the timing. Our ADR was at 8:00 so that probably had a lot to do with the pace of the meal being that the restaurant was just opening, so I would definitely recommend that time. Plus you get all of those great scenery pictures too! :goodvibes

I'm glad you had such a good time. The food looks amazing!

I'm like you, the thought of waking up super early for a meal isn't that appealing. To be honest, it has kind of scared me away from doing one of the pre-opening ADRs. Maybe the next trip!

Oh my goodness, I KNEW she looked familiar! I kept thinking to myself...I've seen her somewhere...but I couldn't put my finger on where. It had to have been your TR! Wasn't she lovely?! She and our waitress from Le Cellier were the only names that that I remembered because they were both exceptional.

We've (especially FI :lmao:) definitely got Akershus on our list for out next trip as well!

She WAS lovely!! The girls just ADORED her--she obviously made a big impression on them! What was the name of your waitress from Le Cellier? We're eating there in May, too!! :goodvibes

I'm glad you had such a good time. The food looks amazing!

I'm like you, the thought of waking up super early for a meal isn't that appealing. To be honest, it has kind of scared me away from doing one of the pre-opening ADRs. Maybe the next trip!

All of the food was really good - especially those potatoes :lovestruc

And we are NOT morning people at all so I was pretty worried about making an ADR so early but it was absolutely worth it! Getting to walk through a nearly empty park and be at the restaurant before it gets crazy busy is great. You should try it :thumbsup2

She WAS lovely!! The girls just ADORED her--she obviously made a big impression on them! What was the name of your waitress from Le Cellier? We're eating there in May, too!! :goodvibes

I hope when we each return that we both get Camilla :lovestruc I'm going to be sure to ask for her!

And our waitress at Le Cellier was Chelsey (I'm pretty sure that's how she spelled it). She was great and she made our celebration extra special! We actually ate there for dinner the day that we ate at Akershus for breakfast so that update should be coming up fairly soon :goodvibes

You all will love Le Cellier! Besides having awesome food it's a neat setting as well.

Hi Courtney! :wave2: I am joining in on the fun. I always love TR with couples (can identify more :thumbsup2).

Congratulations on your engagement! You're ring is beautiful.

It seems like Miguel loved the princess breakfast. :) DBF and I are planning our first trip to WDW and he says he would feel uncomfortable with that breakfast. :sad2: I want to go though - looks like fun!

Can't wait for more updates! :surfweb:

-Kat

Hi Courtney! :wave2: I am joining in on the fun. I always love TR with couples (can identify more :thumbsup2).

Congratulations on your engagement! You're ring is beautiful.

It seems like Miguel loved the princess breakfast. :) DBF and I are planning our first trip to WDW and he says he would feel uncomfortable with that breakfast. :sad2: I want to go though - looks like fun!

Can't wait for more updates! :surfweb:

-Kat

:welcome: I'm so glad to have you reading along! And thank you!

Miguel definitely enjoyed our meal at Akershus ;) and I did as well! You know, I was actually a bit worried he might not like it because he's really
shy and this was his first "face character" (I'm pretty sure that's what you call the princesses) interaction. But we had such a blast! I hope he'll change his mind - keep trying to convince him! :goodvibes

Whatt that was awesome! Maybe the very next time we go we'll try to get in there. I went with my old stand by Chefs de France. I was kind of worried cause it didn't look like it had much of a Vegetarian option when I looked at the menu. Maybe I'll have to think about it really hard next time.

Haha Miguel looked like he enjoyed the picture taking!~~ Can't wait to read the rest of the trip!

Hello! Courtney
followed you here from Becky and Katie's PTR/TR...

Congratulations! on the engagment!!! how sweet about the proposal! I was not proposed to he just brought me to the jeweler and let me pick out my ring (I had picked it out of a bridal magazine and he didn't want to get it wrong :rotfl2: ). So, I just love stories like yours!:lovestruc

How exciting and magical about the upgrade to the savannah view!
and the trees was beautiful.
We are actually planning our return for the holiday this year...so, I love seeing your photos of the decorations.

Sorry about Chef Mickey but at least your character interaction was good. We did not do any character meals last year; but, we plan to do three breakfast this year and three sit down dinners. So, I'm very interested in peoples reaction to all the different character meals.

Looking forward to sharing your trip with you!!!
:wave2: Connie

You must try Akershus! Everything about it was great - the service, the food, the timing. Our ADR was at 8:00 so that probably had a lot to do with the pace of the meal being that the restaurant was just opening, so I would definitely recommend that time. Plus you get all of those great scenery pictures too! :goodvibes

Well, Courtney....I DID IT! I booked Akershus for our May trip. Got an 8:05 ADR on a day when the park opens at 9. :banana: Can't wait. I'm hungry, just thinking about all that yummy looking food in your pictures.

Whatt that was awesome! Maybe the very next time we go we'll try to get in there. I went with my old stand by Chefs de France. I was kind of worried cause it didn't look like it had much of a Vegetarian option when I looked at the menu. Maybe I'll have to think about it really hard next time.

Haha Miguel looked like he enjoyed the picture taking!~~ Can't wait to read the rest of the trip!

Definitely try Akershus if you get a chance - we loved it! Although I'm sure you couldn't tell that by FI's face right? :rotfl:

I actually have Chefs on my list for future trips. When we walked past it this trip I knew I just had to eat there - it looks so charming!

Hello! Courtney
followed you here from Becky and Katie's PTR/TR...

Congratulations! on the engagment!!! how sweet about the proposal! I was not proposed to he just brought me to the jeweler and let me pick out my ring (I had picked it out of a bridal magazine and he didn't want to get it wrong :rotfl2: ). So, I just love stories like yours!:lovestruc

How exciting and magical about the upgrade to the savannah view!
and the trees was beautiful.
We are actually planning our return for the holiday this year...so, I love seeing your photos of the decorations.

Sorry about Chef Mickey but at least your character interaction was good. We did not do any character meals last year; but, we plan to do three breakfast this year and three sit down dinners. So, I'm very interested in peoples reaction to all the different character meals.

Looking forward to sharing your trip with you!!!
:wave2: Connie

Hi Connie! Thank you so much for coming over! I'm so glad to have you reading along :goodvibes

Hey, there is nothing wrong with picking out a ring! I was very specific about what I liked and I let FI know! :rolleyes1 But if you're going to wear if for the rest of your life (and he's going to spend a lot of money on it) you want to LOVE it!

We were so so so excited about the upgrade! I seriously didn't want to leave the room that first day :lovestruc And :lovestruc to the decorations too - they were amazing! I'll have some EPCOT one's coming up soon!

We love our character meals so you'll find lots of good reading material here! hehe.

I see you have a PTR - I'm going to check it out now!

Well, Courtney....I DID IT! I booked Akershus for our May trip. Got an 8:05 ADR on a day when the park opens at 9. :banana: Can't wait. I'm hungry, just thinking about all that yummy looking food in your pictures.

YAY!!!! You're going to LOVE it! I'm so excited for you :goodvibes I so wish I was going back soon...I could use some of those potatoes :lmao:

I hope when we each return that we both get Camilla :lovestruc I'm going to be sure to ask for her!

And our waitress at Le Cellier was Chelsey (I'm pretty sure that's how she spelled it). She was great and she made our celebration extra special! We actually ate there for dinner the day that we ate at Akershus for breakfast so that update should be coming up fairly soon :goodvibes

You all will love Le Cellier! Besides having awesome food it's a neat setting as well.

Oh--that woukd be awesome to have her as our waitress again!! I cannot WAIT to eat at Le Cellier!! I've heard such GREAT things about it!! :goodvibes

Oooh--Michelle!! What day?! We have ressies at Akershus on 5/26 for 8:15 am!! You will LOVE eating there!!

We LOVE the Princess Breakfast!!! Didnt it feel like you were in a castle? :cloud9: It was a highlight of our trip last year. I think we will do it again in December when we do the regular Dining Plan and not the CS Dining Plan. I also read back (seems like I am behind) and I have heard that about the Chef Mickey's dinner. Most people seem to like the breakfast, but even then, it is just standard food. Can't wait to read more!! I am updating mine in a second :goodvibes OH--forgot---BEST pic of Minnie looking at your ring. It is SO sweet!!

We LOVE the Princess Breakfast!!! Didnt it feel like you were in a castle? :cloud9: It was a highlight of our trip last year. I think we will do it again in December when we do the regular Dining Plan and not the CS Dining Plan. I also read back (seems like I am behind) and I have heard that about the Chef Mickey's dinner. Most people seem to like the breakfast, but even then, it is just standard food. Can't wait to read more!! I am updating mine in a second :goodvibes OH--forgot---BEST pic of Minnie looking at your ring. It is SO sweet!!

We loved it too! And the setting is just beautiful - we definitely felt like royalty :lovestruc

Chef Mickey's was not so great - but I think we made up for it at Akershus the next morning!

And wasn't Minnie adorable?! I just love that picture :love:

I'm going to check your update out now!

Becky and Michelle - how exciting that you'll be at Akershus at the same time!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter