Good sunless tanner

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
I have a lot of sun spots and having a tan makes them not as obvious, however the tanners I’ve tried seem to make the spots multiply! Also how’ve the heck do you make feet look natural when applying?

I have a lot of sun spots and having a tan makes them not as obvious, however the tanners I’ve tried seem to make the spots multiply! Also how’ve the heck do you make feet look natural when applying?

vita liberata! It's a mousse - bought on QVC - very natural looking - whatever you do, don't buy l'oreal or Neutrogena - oompa loompa orange !

I have used Jergens. I have the one for the face, which I think should be better than the larger general bottles/tubes for the body.
But, more expensive to use as a whole-body tanner.
I don't think it is quite as bad 'oompa-loompa' (HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!) as the ones mentioned.
The Jergen's lotion is actually a SUPER moisturizer.

I don't know what you mean by sunspots. I have spotty blotchy skin, and I don't thiink I have seen this as an issue. Hhhhmmm????
If this seems to be an issue for your feet, I am wondering if this is because of the product, and the top layer of skin being rubbed by shoes and socks.
I think I have noticed that?
I try to let it sink in and develop as long as possible before wearing shoes and socks.

when I apply it to my feet, I do it with my foot flat, maybe on a towel, on the floor or flat surface (top of toilet seat) I apply it thinly, and allow it to be applied from the top of my feet and toes down to the flat surface. I think it looks fairly natural. Dry skin should be scrubbed and moisturized beforehand.

I've never had much luck with self-tanners. I basically only use them on my legs and inner-arms and they never really seem to develop much colour, although I can see it in spots where I accidentally leave an excess. I don't totally use them as directed; don't apply them every single day. Maybe that would make a difference.

Fake Bake Flawless. A friend turned me on to them when I moved from sunny Florida and California to dreary Washington. I can’t sing it’s praises enough. I used to use the Jergen’s but it stained my clothes, smelled awful, and looked orange. The Fake Bake is wayyyyy more natural, dries instantly, and doesn’t smell bad. Also a little goes a long way!
https://www.fakebake.com/

I’ve been using Isle of Paradise tanning water for the past year- you add a few drops to your body lotion. I like how easy it is to use. I’ve used Fake Bake as well, which works very nicely. But I have sun spots too, and I’ve never noticed them looking any less noticeable with self tanner. But I only use enough so that I’m not pasty.

I have used a lot of different tanners and Tan Towels work best for my dd and me.

I just ordered some Tarte Brazilliance from Sephora today. I have used it in the past and liked it, just be sure to exfoliate well before applying.

MAYBE I need to suck it up and buy some of these expensive tanners. I’ve tried most of the drugstore brands and they end up streaky. I figured it’s the same ingredient in all of them so what could be different?

MAYBE I need to suck it up and buy some of these expensive tanners. I’ve tried most of the drugstore brands and they end up streaky. I figured it’s the same ingredient in all of them so what could be different?

Fake Bake isn’t expensive. $28 but the bottle lasts a really long time.

vita liberata! It's a mousse - bought on QVC - very natural looking - whatever you do, don't buy l'oreal or Neutrogena - oompa loompa orange !

That's weird - because those are the only ones I use. Maybe my deep olive undertones cuts the orange.

OP - I use the Loreal spray mist or the loreal towelettes, I love both

Fake Bake, Loving Tan, and St. Tropez are the best self-tanners in my own experience. I also like the Tan Luxe oil drops that you add to your moisturizer, but I find the actual tanners are less likely to be streaky or blotchy. The key is to use a mit - many tanners come with one, or you can buy one at a place like Ulta. Rub in circular motions. Use a wipe to get any excess of the toes - the feet are always the hardest. Always make sure you exfoliate before using it because the tan will stick and darken on dry skin.

That's weird - because those are the only ones I use. Maybe my deep olive undertones cuts the orange.

OP - I use the Loreal spray mist or the loreal towelettes, I love both

Could be - they work well in my arms - but not face - especially the Neutrogena - bright orange - maybe I have oompa loompa bloodlines ?

I just use cheap Jergens, or even the Rite Aid brand. The key to not wrecking your feet and knees is to rub the lotion into your calves and shins really good and then while your hands are still slightly wet with the lotion then rub your hands onto those areas. I do that with the lower leg and then feet, and then rub lotion all over my thighs really good and then hit my knees. I never rub a glob of lotion directly into either of those spots. I only use it on my legs, never anywhere else.

Which fake bake do you use - there are so many on Amazon? HOw often do you have to use it?

The flawless spray. I don’t use it regularly, just before events I need it. I’ll usually do two applications a couple days apart. It lasts about 5 days after if you shower every day.

Any good daily moisturizing tanners? I don’t want to be scrubbing off tanners and applying new ones a few times while at WDW for a week. I tried Jergens, but the color looked fake on me though I love the idea of a gradual tan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter