• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good places to live in or around the Orlando area?

meloneyb21

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for some apartments in good areas with good prices. That may not sound like detailed information but.....lol.....I guess that's why I'm asking.

In what part of the Orlando area will you be working and how much do you want to spend?

Anne

You don't want to live in Paramore, either--although you'd figure that out as soon as you got there...

Anne

:lmao:

LOL...I don't know....I'm just looking at stuff honestly, I just wanna have some ideas about some good places. I'm thinking, according to DH, something that's maybe only about, no more than, $900 a month.....Of course I want something lower than this if possible.

My parents live in St. Cloud and they really love it. My sister and brother also live there and enjoy it. It now has an exit on the turnpike and free citywide wi-fi.

:lmao:

LOL...I don't know....I'm just looking at stuff honestly, I just wanna have some ideas about some good places. I'm thinking, according to DH, something that's maybe only about, no more than, $900 a month.....Of course I want something lower than this if possible.

Seriously, you need to know what area you'll be working in first.

Anne

Seriously, I don't know, I just want to look at any and all options that may be available to me.

I clicked the link. I've been considering renting a small apartment in Orlando - it would cost less a year than the hotels at WDW.

None of the apartments list "Air Conditioning." Is that because they don't have it...or does everyone in Florida just assume that every apartment has air??

I clicked the link. I've been considering renting a small apartment in Orlando - it would cost less a year than the hotels at WDW.

None of the apartments list "Air Conditioning." Is that because they don't have it...or does everyone in Florida just assume that every apartment has air??

The only ones that won't are in areas you wouldn't want to live in anyhow. :)

Anne

Most if not all housing in Florida will have air conditioning. All the newer apartments will have central air and the really older ones will have at least a window air conditioner. I personally have never seen any apartments that do not have a/c.

If you only want to spend $900 per month though, Good Luck on that. The average 1 bedroom 1 bath near WDW will start at $1000 per month and higher if you need a 2 bedroom.

The Orlando Sentinel had a story in the paper last week about the condo conversions and how they haven't be selling so they are renting them as apartments again. It sounds like some good deals are out there.

You can also check out www.apartmentratings.com to get an idea how the residents feel about the different places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter