Good Luck to you Pete!!! You will be missed!

Okay, listening to the announcement now. I don't really know what it means and am very sad.

Can I get some in-class support? lol

Okay, listening to the announcement now. I don't really know what it means and am very sad.

Can I get some in-class support? lol

I think we will all support each other through this time of transition. :grouphug:

Pete, I give you a lot of credit for backing out of the day to day on the DIS while it is doing so well. Being a person who does not like change, I'm not sure I could/would do it.

So glad that you will still be part of the podcast.

I think you have left things in very capable hands. Looking forward to hear what changes are in store for the format. I have not been disappointed yet.

My iPhone crashed!! It's all my fault, totally and completely, but I'm so pissed that I can't listen while I'm going through all this techcrap to see if it'll work again.

ARRRRGH!

So, let me get this straight. Pete is selling or turning over control or whatever. Buck no longer stops there. Corey is in charge. But Pete is still going to participate.

Do I have that right?

So, really, as far as listening goes, nothing changes????

Or will Corey talk more? ;)

eta: and who is Skip? Is Skip a dog? Because I missed something somewhere and for the longest time didn't know that Max the intern was a dog. I kept wondering how this group of people managed to get themselves an intern...and for such a long, long time. Plus, the intern never talked. Then one day someone said something that made me realize he was a dog.

I don't want to get mental dog mushed again.

there is Max the dog (Pete's dog) and also Max the intern. Max the intern talks and he did on this podcast. Max the intern is the son of Theresa...

And who is Skip?

Skip is Justin Jett on the boards.

Because I missed something somewhere and for the longest time didn't know that Max the intern was a dog. I kept wondering how this group of people managed to get themselves an intern...and for such a long, long time. Plus, the intern never talked. Then one day someone said something that made me realize he was a dog.

Max the Intern - Teresa's 19 year old son talks, drive, etc....not a dog).

Max the dog - Pete's dog (with the most soulful eyes...doest drive, bu does let us know the mailman is there)

Hey what about me?? I've known for almost a week ;)

I am so glad this is out there now and people know, I’ve known for several days and it was so hard not to reply last night when all the posts were happening.

And folks, instead of starting rumors and stuff, learn from me? I emailed Pete and flat out asked him when I heard his comment slip last week. He didn’t have to tell me, he could have just "ignored" my email but instead he responded and "fessed up" and I will always be honored that he felt he could tell me ahead of time..

Congrats CorEy, I was so excited when Pete mentioned your new role. It is well deserved :yay: :yay:

I pm'ed Pete after I listened to show but he never replied. So I decided to keep quiet until last night.

I guess Renysmom's post rubbed me the wrong way. I do not think it was appropriate to ask individual listeners to contact Pete. I also see nothing wrong in seeking out more information or expressing our feelings about the subject.

I would hope people close to Pete and the gang would know his decision. I certainly wouldn't brag about it. Just my humble opinion...

I'm happy for Corey, but I have to admit I'm concerned about the Podcast's future He is a huge part of the success of the Podcast. I can't imagine how he will be able to step back from hosting the discussion, he has such natural talent. He instinctively knows how to pace the show, ask questions and give precise and informative answers. Of course I know the Podcast will have continued success. But this is the end of an era. Pete made the show what it is today.

Everyone on the team has their talents. I would listen just for John's humor or Kevin's reviews alone.

I don't think it's right to make people on the boards feel uncomfortable for expressing this.

Pete: thanks for making so much enjoyment for so many for so many years.
You have created such a wonderful experience for all of us. You have also helped create so many stars. You have also created a huge family that looks out for each other. Sit back, enjoy yourself and know that Corey will continue with the legacy you set up.

can't wait to see everyone in Dec. and Happy Thanksgiving to all the family.

John & Christy

I'm not sure what to think right now - :confused3

I truly wish Corey well in his new position, but at the same time I'm so very sad to hear about Pete's decision too...

A song by Carly Simon keeps going through my head....

" nobody does it better, makes me feel sad for the rest, nobody does it better than you do, baby you're the best" :thumbsup2 Good Luck Pete :hug:

Hot Cakes, by Carly Simon runs through my head;

"Tssss
Hear the sizzle on the griddle
As you drop that batter
in to that hot butter
Round and brown
Piping hot
Like it or not
What you got is hotcakes
Hubba hubba hubba
Puffin' up fluffy and sweet
and now wait
and now flip it!

but I don't think that has anything to do with this topic.

Congrats Corey, and an even bigger congrats to Pete who now can just show up and rant. All the glory and none of the responsibility. Enjoy it, you have earned it!:thumbsup2

I want to wish Pete the best on his new venture. I love listening to the podcast and I know Corey will do a geat job.The whole podcast crew is terrific. Thanks for a bright spot in my week when I get to listen to you guys about one of my favorite subjects Disney.

My entire French vocabulary consists of...

C'es difficle de trouver des domestiques...n'est pas?

and

Oue Sylvie?

Ala piscene.

Aves qui?

Avec Ane.

Neither of these come up much in conversation unless we're discussing the difficulty in finding a maid or trying to figure out where Sylve might be and with whom.

I think we had the same french book, don't forget the WC, very important to be able to find out where that is.

Max the Intern - Teresa's 19 year old son talks, drive, etc....not a dog).

Max the dog - Pete's dog (with the most soulful eyes...doest drive, bu does let us know the mailman is there)

OK I have to make a confession. Pete text messaged me saying I needed to get a VPN username and password for Max. I'm like HUH? Why the heck does your dog need a username :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter