Good dining experiences at Hollywood Studios?

bbkangs

Earning My Ears
I've been going to the Disney parks for years but I am the least familiar with Hollywood Studios as far as dining. I know Hollywood & Vine is a poor choice, according to Pete. & Usually, my girlfriend and I would just get snacks or a small meal at Starring Rolls, but it is closed now. I was just wondering what are some good places you've eaten at? & price ranges?

We don't do counter service there. But Sci Fi Dine In & Brown Derby are on our must do lists. The burgers at Sci Fi are good, the hot fudge sundaes yummy & the atmosphere is great. We both love the fillet at Brown Derby & DH looks forward to the grapefruit cake each time. The Brown Derby can be a little loud, but Sci Fi is nice & quiet on a busy park day. Brown Derby is a signature restaurant so definitely pricier.

Edit: got to agree on H&V. We ate there twice in recent years for the Star Wars lunch & Christmas dinner. Characters & atmosphere were good, the food was mediocre.

We were surprised to discover that we really like 50's Prime Time. We had wanted to try it for a long time to see what the server interaction was like but nothing on the menu appealed to us at all when we would look at it. But we decided to try it one trip and now it is our must do at DHS. The food is very good and while it isn't something that we would normally eat (comfort food isn't our thing), we enjoy it. We have been several times and have had almost everything on the menu and we loved everything. The portions are huge though so if you only want something small I would suggest splitting an entree.

We all thought Mama Melrose was pretty good. You'll probably need reservations, cost is going to be $20-30 for entrees. Not a fan of any of the counter service places there.

Another fan of HBD! Also Sci-Fi is just so cool for the ambience, but stick with the basics on the menu--burgers/rings/shakes. :earsboy:

We were surprised to discover that we really like 50's Prime Time. We had wanted to try it for a long time to see what the server interaction was like but nothing on the menu appealed to us at all when we would look at it. But we decided to try it one trip and now it is our must do at DHS. The food is very good and while it isn't something that we would normally eat (comfort food isn't our thing), we enjoy it. We have been several times and have had almost everything on the menu and we loved everything. The portions are huge though so if you only want something small I would suggest splitting an entree.

50's Prime Time's menu is not super appealing to me either but the food there has been good both times we've gone. You've just got to be ready for the antics going on in there.

Sci-Fi is decent, but the best part about it is being in the cool, quiet dark after coming out of the hot Florida sun!

Sci Fi is cute if you've never done it. Also, boozy milkshakes? Ok by me!

HBD and especially the lounge as other have mentioned, otherwise, I like to say, exit DHS and walk over to the Boarwalk. Tons of delicious choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter