• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good Days Inn?

epcotized

Mouseketeer
Our family is planning a trip in August and I was hoping to save a couple of $$ by using Days Inn incentive points for the 1st 3 days. After reading some of the posts, though, it seems that most people are less than thrilled with Days Inn. Has anyone found a good Days Inn in the area?

At least the last 4 days of our trip will be at POFQ. I'm really looking forward to that.

Nope-- after our experiences in Orlando, I will never stay at another Days Inn anywhere.

We had a bad experience at the Days Inn FL Mall 4 years ago. Ok, 2 bad experiences. We were hopeful we got a bad room on the first trip and needed a cheap place so we tried it again about a year later. At that time, the hotel had a website linked to other Days Inn properties in Orlando - they seemed to be owned by the same group. That was enough to keep us away from any other Days Inn in Orlando. We just went ahead and made it our family policy to avoid the chain anywhere.

If you need to save money, you do have options like Priceline, the Entertainment Card discounts, hotels recommended by Pete here on the Dis or through Mousesavers.com.

You can search the web for more specific reviews. This one from epinions.com sounds about like our experience:

http://www.epinions.com/content_36084354692

Sorry to be negative. Just our experience - twice.

:( Nope we're not Days Inn fans either!

What's up with Days Inn? Are the suites that bad too? We got a great price, now I'm worried!! Can you elaborate...was it dirty? bad service? Just curious! Thanks!

we will never stay at a Days Inn again. I think that the problem with this chain is that most have been sold off to individual owners and they just carry the Days Inn name. The quality level has dropped severly! This applies not only to Orlando, but, also in the Tampa area. There are many other money saving options. Try: www.hotelkingdom.com we have been able to get lots of great deals on really nice accomadations off this site. We booked the courtyard by marriot at DD for $49 per night for our first night off of the dreamsunlimited site.

In '92 we stayed at the Florida Mall Days Inn. The carpeting was filthy. I slept with my street clothes on, on top of the covers. I tried another one in Kissimmee a couple years later & we had a nice stay. About a year after that we stayed at another one in Kissimmee. It had a leaky sink with a trash can underneath the pipes catching the water. We complained but they said they couldn't fix it. We left after the first night. There was also a Days Inn that had peeping toms. Somehow people in some of the rooms could be viewed thru holes in the walls by peeping toms. That was a few years ago. I haven't stayed at a Days Inn in about 8 years. Its a shame they don't take better care of their properties. When I was a teen in the seventies we stayed at Days Inn every time we went to WDW. Back then they were clean, inexpensive places to stay. I guess like Kevin says - that they've been sold off to individual owners. Does Days Inn still exist as a corporation?

Our nightmare experience was not in FL. Family reunion and had 4 hotel rooms booked at this Days. The rooms all smelled of smoke. When you got in the king sized bed, you "rolled" downhill towards the middle, etc. Your basic horrible experience. One couple checked out early. The clerk accidentally cancelled all four rooms' keys. So, after we had spent the entire day at the reunion, we returned to our room only to be locked out. We had a three WEEK old baby with us. Thank God that I was nursing the baby. Can you imagine if the formula had been locked in the room and we had a screaming, starving baby! Oh, and it was July 4th. We went to the front desk and noone was working in the office. The door was locked and there was a sign posted "Clerk quit". OMG!!!!

The rest of the story is long but basically, police were called, we eventually got our stuff out of the hotel and management refused to refund the money that was charged for the hotel even though we didn't sleep there that night.

Don't ever hand over your money to a Days Inn.

I have stayed at the Days Inn Maingate East. It was NOTHING fancy, but was fine. The room was clean, which was all we cared about. If you don't expect anything fancy, you should be fine.

I have to agree with the others. We just got back from Florida - we drove from Nova Scotia and stayed at a few Days along the way - hoping the next one would be better - it wasn't.
The rooms all seem mouldy, smoky and very little maintenance is being done. In one location our friend ended up doing some plumbing work to fix the sink!

Just my 2 cents worth -

Olivia in Nova Scotia

2000 - All Star Music
2002 - Carribean Beach

Thanks for your honest responses. It seems that Kilarney is the only one to have anything good to say about a Days Inn and even that's not a ringing endorsement. I hope they take notice and clean up their act, although the condition be too widespread at this point.

I thought the 'Days Out' slogan was clever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter