Golf cart rental

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
Planning for next summer's vacation - where does everyone rent their golf carts from? Disney or off site? If off-site are there any rental agency better than others?

I rent mine from Disney, yes it’s more expensive than off-site but it’s convenient, there right there at the reception building. Off-site saves you money but takes about an hr. to go and pick-up, and same with returning.

Tee Time if you want offsite is my recommendation. If it's only for a day or two, then actually worth the extra money to just rent from Disney. I've used Kenny twice and had no issue either time.

I did Tee Time, once, no problem, just a timing thing. I figure Disney carts in our budget, we enjoy the convenience.

I've used Kenny at Tee Time before twice also. And rented a Disney cart once (nice). Like others said above, if it's a short rental (3 days or less) a Disney cart might be the go-to. If it's 4 or more, rent from offsite. That's the way I look at it.

Bama Ed

PS - plus we get a cart mostly for the days we are going to be around the Fort. If I have two days out of three in the parks, I don't rent one just for the drive to the Outpost or boat dock and back. I want to use it more on the days we have it, not pay to let it sit nearly all day. That's my approach...

We used Kenny each trip. We always stay 10 days to 2 wks. no problems. We now have a golf cart, so will take it when we go mid Nov.

Have used Kenny's Tee time 2 or three times now. As others have said if a short term stay I would rent right from Disney. Long term if you have the hour to pick it up and then drop it off you will save a lot going with Kenny as his prices are so much lower then the Fort.

We have used Kenny in the past also. Good to work with. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 You just have to go offsite to get the cart and bring it back to the Fort. He will let you use his truck to transport the cart to and from the Fort if needed. The last time we rented from Kenny, we basically took possession of our cart from the people who had it prior to us. Kenny informed the renters where to meet us to make the exchange. If you rent from Kenny, you might see if this is a possibility.

Unfortunately my experience with Kenny was less than magical and I ended up having to dispute part of the rental since the cart broke down and he expected me to fix it (which I eventually did) A promised refund never came, lots of lies and distractions.

We were at the fort 10 days in June/July. Rented 2 carts from Kenny, originally had planned to end the rental day before we left the fort. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning morning of leaving. Inevitably I should have included DW on those plans because on Friday when I mentioned golf carts leave tomorrow, I got a blank look from the misses.:guilty: So I quickly sprang into action and txt'd Kelly to see if I could extend the rentals by one day. She answered me in about 30 minutes that 1 was available but not 2. But if I wanted to keep 1, then I could just drop the other off Saturday morning in the 1800 loop to save me a trip out to get trailer. Everything worked out perfectly. Even txt'd Kelly again and did reservations for 2 more trips for Christmas & next year for Spring break. Cannot recommend them enough. And a great savings over Disneys prices for longer trips.

We rented from Kenny's about 2 years ago and Never again! Aside from meeting him outside Disney in a parking lot to get and return the vehicle (at least an hour each time), the first vehicle we got didn't work. We finally got a new cart (again off site) and the second vehicle wouldn't charge. It was a lot less money but we were without a golf cart because we couldn't get yet another vehicle. No refund was ever given. The whole thing felt really shady....never again!!! But I will say they came highly recommended by family that used them a few times.

Ditto here. Rented from Kenny last September. Renting from the Fort this September for a 4 day stay. I decided to go with the Fort this time for convenience. We have full days planned this time and didn't want to take the extra few hours to pick up and drop off a Kenny cart.

j

We rented from Kenny's about 2 years ago and Never again! Aside from meeting him outside Disney in a parking lot to get and return the vehicle (at least an hour each time)....

For those that don't know (not saying you didn't but for others reading this thread) for off site cart rentals you must meet the provider off of Disney property, that is a Disney rule. As others have mentioned occasionally though you get lucky and can do an exchange right at the Fort.

I have used Kenny ( Tee time rentals) twice and Disney once. I have had a good experience with both. As mentioned, to use off-site, you need to meet them offsite. They would let you use their truck if necessary but would prefer if you had your own vehicle to tow their trailer. The first time I used their truck. (It was just easier, since it was already hooked up.) The second time, I used my truck, but you needed a 2" ball (which I did have).

Had some minor issues, but I am mechanically/electrically inclined and was able to work through them. Kelly called at one point to see how things were going, and I told her of the issue, and she said I should call Kenny. It just wasn't worth the effort for me and it was only a minor inconvenience.

My Disney experience was stellar (as you'd expect) but off site was HALF the price. So again, for 2 or 3 days, then you are better off using Disney, but once you start getting up to 4 or more days, you really need to consider the off-site options.

I will be using Kenny (Tee Time Rentals) again for the 3 time here in a couple of weeks, so hopefully, it will be as good as the other 2 experiences.

We do short trips and will again rent from Disney. Super convienent. We plan our trips months (even over a year) in advance so I just save extra and pay a little more for it

Just yesterday, I made a reservation for a FW golf cart for Thanksgiving week. We didn't mind meeting off property to pick one up, but there seems to be more and more negative reviews lately on the service. I don't want to deal with the hassle of swapping carts, if there's an issue. Last year we didn't use a cart at all and just brought bikes. I'd really like to 'go looping' this year and see the holiday decorations. Didn't really feel comfortable going around in our car last year when a cart would be much easier. So, this year we're going to rely on Disney transportation to get us from park to park and use the GC around FW--instead of renting a car.

We have used Kenny 3 times now and our fourth will be in 2 weeks. We have had no complaints versus the cost. We do tend to rent for more than a week, so the cost savings is worth the hassle of going an picking it up. ($30+ per day x 7+ days ~= Over $210 savings)

Honestly, purchasing a service from any vendor/supplier is never 100% satisfaction. There is NO vendor on eBay or Amazon with any historical volume of service that has a solid 100.0% rating. When it comes to golf carts at the Fort, your choices are Disney, Tee Time, or scramble to find anyone else. I don't doubt anyone who gives Tee Time less than a 100% rating.

Tomorrow there is a very small chance I might slip and kill myself falling in the bathtub. It's not a 100% sure thing I'll step out and go about my day. But the odds are in my favor.

Bama Ed

PS - if you have a bad experience about something, you (including myself) are probably more likely to speak up when that something comes up in discussion. It's a given that we expect processes and services to work the way they're supposed to (we assume the promise of service is fulfilled). So someone is less motivated to confirm a positive experience because it's what we expect.

In any business there are going to be a percentage of things to go wrong. It's a given. How the business handles these times are what makes or breaks their word of mouth reputation. They need to make it right in the way they said they would. Exchange/repair/refund and in a timely/friendly manner.

I hesitated to say anything online after we got home. I have however responded to others when they inquired about experiences dealing with Kenny. It was an ugly experience with many things factored in, the least of which was inaction and multiple lies. The unfortunate part for us was that we had neighbors at FW several times that rented from Kenny and had nice carts and good service. I wish that ours had gone that way because I would have liked to use him again. The whole experience was a cautionary tale on how not to treat a customer. It wasnt a simple misunderstanding or miscommunication. It was a hard core failure that just kept getting worse and worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter