• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golf cart parking and Transportation ??

magicplace4me

Mouseketeer
I have stayed at FW twice before (once camp site, once cabin) and will be staying in a cabin again in November. Since we are flying this time (can't take the kids out of school as long as we used to) and don't plan to rent a car (we are getting a golf cart - much more fun than a car although much more expensive) does anyone have any transportation advise. Where you can and cannot park a golf cart (I remember spots at Meadows pool and near Settlement)? When do you pick up your cart? How do you get all your stuff from check in to your cabin and vise versa (I assume bus). To places like MGM, Typhoon lagoon, Epcot I don't recall if there are direct buses or not and where you get them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

There are parking lots all over FW for the golf carts! They have two main bus depots for buses leaving FW--one at the Outpost where you check-in and another at the Settlement. There are parking areas for both of these bus depots, plus golf cart parking by the marina, Pioneer Hall, the Meadows and the Settlement trading posts, both pools, the playgrounds, etc.

When you check-in tell them you need transport to your cabin. They took us in a van to our cabin and carried the luggage in. Golf carts are rented from 1 p.m. to 11 a.m. but if you have reservations (just about a must!) you can usually pick your cart up earlier than 1.

FW has really improved the bus service. You have direct buses now to almost everywhere! Here is a link to a great site with current bus info and a ton of other info:

http://fly.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/faq_fw.htm

Have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter