Golf cart only parking?

redheadk

Earning My Ears
Forgive me if this is covered somewhere but I have the Disney info overload so I'm sure this has leaked out of my brain. We normally stay at Beach Club but DH has always wanted to stay at the fort!

We are staying in a cabin over Thanksgiving & renting a car AND a golf cart. We need the golf cart to get around the fort, including parking at the boat launch to go to MK, if we don't want to use the internal bus system, correct? Cars can only be parked at our site or in the overflow lot? There is also golf cart parking at the bus stop to catch the bus to the non-MK parks should we choose to use the bus?

On a related note, is it reasonable time-wise to take the boat to MK and catch the monorail to Epcot from there or is it better to drive or take the bus to Epcot? We will likely drive our car to HS and AK (definitely to AK).

I just want to make sure I have everything straight.

Thanks!

You have it all correct. I think taking the boat to MK to the monorail to Epcot could be a nice routing but it will take time. You need to take the boat, take a monorail to the Transportation and Ticket Center, and switch to another monorail to Epcot. It's a nice ride if you have the time. If you don't have the time, either driving or taking the bus is fine and really a matter of personal preference. Have a great time at the Fort!!

We use the golf cart to get around the fort quickly like you asked.
There is cart parking at the marina, (boat to MK). There is a big cart parking lot in front of HDDR and Trail''s End.
Cart parking at the bus stops out ftont, Outpost area. There is cart parking at the Meadows outpost-front. There is also parking at the backside of the Meadows area.
I think that about covers your cart parking question. We also use it to go looping all around the Fort.
Others have covered the driving a car to parks part of your question.

Thanks for the help! We were pretty set on the golf cart since DD loves them. It sounds like the combo of car for leaving the fort + cart for getting around the fort will really be best.

Enjoy!! You are correct about your transportation!
We always park the car at the cabin or our site when we go and there it stays while we are at the Fort. We use golf carts or electric scooters or bikes to get around within the Fort the entire time!!
When headed to the parks we ONLY drive, except for MK!
When we do DS, mini golf or waterparks we drive but if we are eating at another resort, we just take it easy and take Disney transport!
Enjoy and we will see you at the Fort at Thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter