Golf Anyone?

lsutigger

Mouseketeer
After looking at my DVC notebook given to us when we joined for the hundredth time, had a question.
Does anyone know if the DVS Golf Membership, which according to the book, expired 12/30/00 has been re-done or put back into place? I haven't received any information and have a wonderful DH who loves to play golf. That's how I got him to join!! Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Hello fellow Tiger!!!! I too am an avid golfer who thoroughly enjoys the Disney courses. I am not sure about the DVC golf membership. I have never used it because it would have taken my whole vacation for it to pay dividends. If you want to save $$ on golf, I would suggest your DH either get twilight rates (after 3 during the summer and after 2 before then)or I believe if you make tee times after 10:am it is a lot cheaper. I personally have never used the latter because it really takes up most of your day and I really like to spend some time with the DW while we are at WDW!!!

If you have any other questions about golf and/or DVC feel free to e-mail.

Goooooooo TIGERS!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Just a note on green fees...

I made tee times in advance for last September, weekday at 9:00. According to the price list I had, the fee should have been about $90 per person, but it turned out it was only $45. I know this wouldn't happen every time, but I would suggest always calling to check the fees before assuming the published price is correct.

Raidermatt

The program for 2001 is described in the updated Member's Benefit Guidebook that is on-line at the official DVC members site. The cost of the DVC golf card is now $85 plus tax (previously $75) although it is now good for a year from date of purchase (previously the card expired Dec 31 of any year regardless of when during the year it was purchased). The discount rates are the same as before, as is the playing time--after 10. Also, now, the member can bring three guests who also get the discount during peak golf season (mid-Jan through April); last year, you could bring 3 guests who get the discount during all seasons but that one which restricted the discount to the member only for that time. Added also is that a member can get one free tournament pass to the PGA tournament held annually at WDW in late October. Usually to get a true "discount," you have to play a number of times to make up for the cost of the DVC golf card. But at some times of the year it is easier to do that. Compare, for example, that peak time above where the per round savings with the discount is greater than $50 to summer where the per round savings is only $10 to

I have booked LBV.OSPREY RIDGE AND EAGLE PINES 30th april 1st may and 3rd may around 10am each day. The dvc card will cost me $85 +tax the golf will cost $35 per day instead of $50.I will be back with three friends in nov to play all 5 disney courses so in the long term we will save quite a lot of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter