Going to Polynesian for Dole Whip

Scherzermk

Mouseketeer
We check in at the Fort next week. DD really wants dole whip on day 1. Is the resort monorail open yet? If not, will last year's work around of boat to MK then resort boat to Poly still work?
Thanks

Finishing up our current stay. All the MK transportation is running. Only difference is Poly Monorail stop is still under construction. Use the TTC stop and it’s a short walk to the resort. The resort boat is also still an available option.

One of our favorite things to do, ride the boat to MK, take the monorail to Poly and then lunch at Captain Cooks (pulled pork nachos please) and then a Dole whip and some tourist watching. :D

Can’t you get a dole whip anywhere?

No, they're available in the parks, at Disney Springs, and in some of the resorts. Also, different locations offer different flavors of Dole Whip. While the number of Disney resorts that now offer some kind of Dole Whip has been growing, the only resort in the Magic Kingdom resort area that offers any kind of Dole Whip, AFAIK, is the Polynesian.

We check in at the Fort next week. DD really wants dole whip on day 1. Is the resort monorail open yet? If not, will last year's work around of boat to MK then resort boat to Poly still work?
Thanks

You still have to use the boat trick. Since the resort boats still aren't running AND the Poly Monorail station is still out of service.

Or MK Monorail to TTC and walk a bit if you just missed the boat.

We did it. Boat to MK the boat to Polynesian. Enjoyed best dole whip around. Then DD insisted on riding monorail to head back. Little walk to TTC got interesting when we got a little lost. Barely made it to MK in time for last boat back to fort.
Have to say Epcot dole whip was not as good because there is in vanilla twist available. What other resorts have it? I thought we scouted all the locations.

ASM's Silver Screen Spirits pool bar menu includes Pineapple Dole Whip® Smoothie
BWI/BWV's BoardWalk Joe's Marvelous Margaritas menu includes
Captain's Seaside Sensation Dole Whip® Pineapple Smoothie with Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
DS's Marketplace Snacks menu includes Dole Whip® as well as a Dole Whip® Pineapple Float and Dole Whip® Nachos

There are probably a couple more spots too. I know I enjoyed sharing a float spiked with rum with DDIL while in DS last winter but I don't remember the name of the kiosk/counter.

Interesting! That article says Menchie's and Orange Leaf frozen yogurt shops carry Dole Whip. Both websites enable a location search to see where the nearest shop is to you, with menu and phone info so you can call ahead to know what flavors they currently stock.

I had no idea there was a Menchie's about 15 minutes north of the Biltmore Estate and the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, maybe 45 minutes minutes from me. Sweet stuff! Would be worth a stop-in, the next time we head up that way. Thanks for sharing this!

ASM's Silver Screen Spirits pool bar menu includes Pineapple Dole Whip® Smoothie
BWI/BWV's BoardWalk Joe's Marvelous Margaritas menu includes
Captain's Seaside Sensation Dole Whip® Pineapple Smoothie with Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
DS's Marketplace Snacks menu includes Dole Whip® as well as a Dole Whip® Pineapple Float and Dole Whip® Nachos

There are probably a couple more spots too. I know I enjoyed sharing a float spiked with rum with DDIL while in DS last winter but I don't remember the name of the kiosk/counter.
I had it at Fuel at the Dolphin Resort. It's nice to eat in a a relaxed environment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter