Going to Disneyworld in Dec, ideas for presents?

tal2019

Earning My Ears
I will be traveling to Disney World for the week with family. Because it’s a holiday I thought it would be fun to give everyone a gift each day we are there. I though a beach towel and water bottle would be fun for two of the days. Anyone else have a cute idea?

I don’t know if they do it anymore, but before covid you get Disney to hang a stocking on your door or deliver into your room with candy and gifts. I remember getting those a few times when we went over the holidays.

I don’t know if they do it anymore, but before covid you get Disney to hang a stocking on your door or deliver into your room with candy and gifts. I remember getting those a few times when we went over the holidays.
That would be amazing! I was planning on taking a small tree with Disney ornaments but didn’t think of stockings

I am not sure the ages you are buying for but I have started buying pajamas from our local Disney store and give them to our kids every trip. Sometimes they match sometimes they don’t.

If you collect Disney pins we also buy those when they are on clearance and bring them for our trip as they are small and easy to pack.

I am not sure the ages you are buying for but I have started buying pajamas from our local Disney store and give them to our kids every trip. Sometimes they match sometimes they don’t.

If you collect Disney pins we also buy those when they are on clearance and bring them for our trip as they are small and easy to pack.
Thanks! Matching Christmas Disney pajamas are a perfect idea!

Three older adults, 2 young adults and an 8 year old boy

So far I have a beach towel for beach and pool excursions. A water bottle for park. Matching pjs :)

I have thought of pins but everyone likes picking those out themselves. I did buy a pin to represent each ride for last time we went to Disneyland for my nephew. Gave him one after he rode the ride. Which he loved loved So I’m kinda pinned out lol. I also did pressed pennies at Disneyland.

How about trading pins? If you trade with cast members? Not the ones you would keep as a symbol of your trip.

an ornament to celebrate the trip?

Keep an eye open for those themed Advent Calendars.
I always get the Lego Star Wars Advent every year because they feature one specific character with a holiday design Such as Darth Vader wearing a holiday sweater. They sell out fast!

Also Lego usually has a limited edition Holiday tree or a Gingerbread House Kit. Fun for family in the hotel room .

I wonder if the craft stores have a make your own because those Disney trading pins would be perfect . I am surprised Disney doesn’t sell themed Trading Pin Advent themed Calendars in a kit.

Are you wanting to do the same gift for all ages? If so, then maybe sunglasses, themed snack like a rice crispy treat, lanyard, shirt, character socks, a hat, some kind of tote bag/backpack/drawstring bag to carry stuff around the parks or a wet bag for swimming suits, flip flops for the pool, a sweatshirt/hoodie for any cooler nights, a themed throw blanket, slippers, themed Disney ear hats.

If you're okay with giving different to the older ones vs the 8yo, then for the child, Disney tsum tsums, small Lego polybag builds or Disney lego minifig, a plush, goggles, autograph book if they are still into that, a Disney mad libs or joke book, Disney Guide to the Magic for kids book (gave that to my 7yo and she loved it), glow sticks/glow ice cubes/any kind of glow thing, Disney shaped pop its, waterproof stickers for the water bottle.

For adults, a water bottle holder (one that clips to a belt loop or on a strap that you carry kind), portable stick battery charger thing, waterproof phone pouch, valet tray (fabric tray that can snap in the corners to hold loose change, keys etc- helps to keep your stuff organized at the end of the night), lightsaber chopsticks (on amazon), Disney keychain, themed luggage handle wraps for the last day (makes it easier to spot luggage in baggage claim).

Have fun! When we went, we would have one of the adults stay sneakily stay behind in the room for a minute after everyone walked to the bus stop and they would leave out a small gift for the kids to find when we got back from the parks. We made little tags saying they were from Mickey and left little stuff like tsum tsums, tattoos, pins, a small plush, and little figures. They loved it and I'm sure your family will love your surprises as well.

In case you were interested in not doing it all yourself, Disney Floral and Gifts does gift baskets, holiday themed deliveries, etc.

Also, (sorry to those who get tired of seeing me post this lol), but the Ear for Each Other group on Facebook is amazing. Tons of different types of deliveries that can be made to your resort - gifts, treats, gift baskets - pretty much if you can think of it, someone provides it. They are former/furloughed cast members.

Keep an eye open for those themed Advent Calendars.
I always get the Lego Star Wars Advent every year because they feature one specific character with a holiday design Such as Darth Vader wearing a holiday sweater. They sell out fast!

Also Lego usually has a limited edition Holiday tree or a Gingerbread House Kit. Fun for family in the hotel room .

I wonder if the craft stores have a make your own because those Disney trading pins would be perfect . I am surprised Disney doesn’t sell themed Trading Pin Advent themed Calendars in a kit.
I will have to watch for a cute calendar for my nephew, thanks!

Are you wanting to do the same gift for all ages? If so, then maybe sunglasses, themed snack like a rice crispy treat, lanyard, shirt, character socks, a hat, some kind of tote bag/backpack/drawstring bag to carry stuff around the parks or a wet bag for swimming suits, flip flops for the pool, a sweatshirt/hoodie for any cooler nights, a themed throw blanket, slippers, themed Disney ear hats.

If you're okay with giving different to the older ones vs the 8yo, then for the child, Disney tsum tsums, small Lego polybag builds or Disney lego minifig, a plush, goggles, autograph book if they are still into that, a Disney mad libs or joke book, Disney Guide to the Magic for kids book (gave that to my 7yo and she loved it), glow sticks/glow ice cubes/any kind of glow thing, Disney shaped pop its, waterproof stickers for the water bottle.

For adults, a water bottle holder (one that clips to a belt loop or on a strap that you carry kind), portable stick battery charger thing, waterproof phone pouch, valet tray (fabric tray that can snap in the corners to hold loose change, keys etc- helps to keep your stuff organized at the end of the night), lightsaber chopsticks (on amazon), Disney keychain, themed luggage handle wraps for the last day (makes it easier to spot luggage in baggage claim).

Have fun! When we went, we would have one of the adults stay sneakily stay behind in the room for a minute after everyone walked to the bus stop and they would leave out a small gift for the kids to find when we got back from the parks. We made little tags saying they were from Mickey and left little stuff like tsum tsums, tattoos, pins, a small plush, and little figures. They loved it and I'm sure your family will love your surprises as well.
I love the idea of sneaking back in to leave a small gift for my nephew. A book isn’t a bad idea either. Maybe a hidden Mickey, trivia, jokes and an autograph book for the youngest. I just need to think of a few more books lol

I love the idea of sneaking back in to leave a small gift for my nephew. A book isn’t a bad idea either. Maybe a hidden Mickey, trivia, jokes and an autograph book for the youngest. I just need to think of a few more books lol
For adults there are Disney cookbooks and history of Disney books for adults. Also Disney adult coloring books!

We celebrate Xmas and Hanukkah and have been in Disney for Hanukkah several times. Here’s some things we’ve given our 5 kids (currently ranging from 6 to 21 yrs) over the years: Disney themed shirts, spirit jerseys, pjs and socks, Disney gift cards, a small card telling them about something special I booked for them ( vip tour, pirates and pals, Africa trek etc), charms for pandora bracelets, Disney toys, Disney stuffed animals, nice sunglasses, hidden Mickey book, coloring and activity books, Disney water bottle, a “you get to make all the decisions for the day” coupon (a favorite of little ones), pins and lanyards for them, Disney themed phone accessories (case, charger, AirPods case etc), Disney themed card or board games, scrunchies/hair accessories, hats, Disney Crocs, candy, bathing suits, sand toys and probably lots more things I can’t remember. We drive a big minivan down though so we have lots of room in our van for all this stuff. We also bring gift bags and reuse the same ones each night for each kid so we dont have to worry about wrapping paper or anything. We’ll usually save the “best” gift for the last night snd the gifts get “better” each night. Have fun!

Thanks for the ideas! I was planning on wrapping them at home and just packing them. We are flying but I thought I could use the space for anything we buy on way home

Our girls favorite Tinkerbell gift was Disney gift cards. I wrapped them and Tinkerbell left them on the third day of our trip.

Just FYI, along with the tree we always decorate our room window with lights and window clings (we stay at values, not sure what/if people do it at the moderate or deluxe).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter