Going Home again In Jan.

jbthi

DIS Veteran
These boards can be hazardous to your points!!!!!!!

We are taking our DD and SIL and their 3 children to BWV in November in a 2 BR. Got thinking about how much fun it would be just my DH and me so I got 4 days in a studio at BW in January. Had to take a preferred view. Also had to borrow points to do it.

Had no intention of going back again so soon but reading about everyones experiences gets me so excited i want to go again. I love reading the boards but I don't post much. Don't really have any questions and am not knowledgable enough to really answer anyone elses.

Just had to tell you I'm going home!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbthi,
We just got back from OKW on Sunday. Me, dh, dd, ds, and sil went. The second to last day we started thinking we'd like to come back BEFORE our next scheduled trip in December. So we decided to do an "adult only" trip in August!!!! My MIL recently remarried, so we are getting a 2 BR at OKW and she and her new dh are coming with us! We'll be celebrating that AND our own 10th anniversary!!!

So you aren't nuts! And if you are, we are TOO!!! :)

ohiominnie :p

You're already started down the slippery slope! First you borrow, then you add on! We just sent in the paperwork for a 50 point add on at VWL and then realized that my "spring break" is well within the 11 month window and around easter. I was afraid everything would be booked at BWV (where we own the bulk of our points) but I was able to get a preferred view. Usually we're too cheap to get a preferred view but this time I just asked for a BW view (who knows if we will get it, but I asked!) now that we have a bit more wiggle room.

I wish I could describe how much fun it is to be able to book vacations with DVC. You just call and next thing you know, you're going home again! This makes 3 trips that we currently have in the works!

Lisa

:) Sounds like fun! We just bought in, so haven't had to opportunity yet to book our first points trip, however, I can already see that we are going to need an add on! :rolleyes:

jbthi,
We're going home for the first time next jan 4th. We bought at VWL last January and can't wait to go and call it home! I am so jealous of all of you that go more than once a year. I hope we get to do that someday too.
:D

We are staying at the BWV in July, January, and March. In July, out DS will join us for 5 days. In January, our DD will join us for a quick post-New Years visit for 4 day. Then in March (Spring Break), the two of us will spend the week. The July and January visits are using up banked points we got with our purchase of a BWV resale where we negotiated that the seller pay the dues as part of the purchase offer, so we count the March, 2002 trip as our first one where we are really "paying". Now we need to figure out where we will stay during the summer of 2002. I'm thinking of booking the BWV at the 11 month window and then trying to switch to HH at 7 months with VB as a second (or is this third) possibility for this time.

Isn't planning DVC vacation trips fun?

Ralph

Ralph&Pam, you're on the same schedule we are!

We are going in august for 2 nights to try out the new AKL (couldn't resist the 50% discounts to AP holders) and then 5 nights in a VWL 1br. !e have our "big" annual trip planned for NYE and early January at the BWV and I just booked a week in march for my spring break as well, at the BWV. It feels a little ridiculous to have so many trips in the works (and on our last trip, spring break 2001, when we checked into the VWL, both of our reservations poppsed up, the one for march and the one for August! That was a little embarassing when the checkin CM gave us this strange look for having two trips in the system already!). Oh well! We always SAY we're not going to go but then we always end up going every 4 months or so so we just decided to book in advance and get what we want rather than say we're not going to go (yeah right) until the last minute and then scramble for a reservation.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter