Going against the grain...

KdKyA

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone, we will be staying in a cabin for the first time, well, at FW for the first time too.

Anyway, We are wondering which loop is best that is AWAY from as much as possible and as quiet as possible. I have heard the bus routes can get quite noisy for light sleepers as well. I know most people want close to amenities and transportation, but we will have a golf cart and won't be going to the parks. Just a one night stay after our Disney Cruise. We will be playing at FW with horses, boats, and pools, but we don't need to be by any of those things.

Thanks in advance!!!

KdKyA,

To answer your question, I would say the backside (which is the middle) of 2700 loop. You might still hear a bus on Vista Blvd (the road that runs from the MK parking lot past the FW entrance) but that's as "tucked away" as you can get IMO.

And on that side of the Fort you can hear the fireworks from Illuminations and EPCOT (or at least the deep bass thumps).

Bama Ed

Perhaps I don't sleep as "Light" as you, but I have not found the buses to be an issue. It also depends on when you are trying to sleep too. The buses run during the day when the parks and other facilities are open, so when you go to bed in the evening, it shouldn't be too long afterwards when the buses stop.

Anyway, as Ed says, the back of the 2700 loop would be good. Also consider the back of the 2500 loop. Both the 2500 and 2700 are faiirly close to the smaller pool by the cabins as well.

For a map, Go to ---> http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm

Hello everyone, we will be staying in a cabin for the first time, well, at FW for the first time too.

Anyway, We are wondering which loop is best that is AWAY from as much as possible and as quiet as possible. I have heard the bus routes can get quite noisy for light sleepers as well. I know most people want close to amenities and transportation, but we will have a golf cart and won't be going to the parks. Just a one night stay after our Disney Cruise. We will be playing at FW with horses, boats, and pools, but we don't need to be by any of those things.

Thanks in advance!!!

If you are 'light' sleepers - regardless of where you stay - just get a 'sound' machine. We have used one for years - at home, and away. We never hear a thing in our mh even if we are near the street or walk paths. (the 'only' thing that can break through is a 'yapping' dog - cannot handle that). :) So far, have not had issues with that at FW.

I just use a fan or let the a/c fan run which REALLY works. Anything like that will more than help offset any bus noise which I have never found to be an issue and I've been right next to the 1400 bus stop before.

Back in the late 80's we did one trip where were in back ie middle of 2600 loop and heard nothing and have been a nuber of the various loops since then and hear nothing when we go to bed

I'd probably be a little more worried about possible neighbors than bus noise. I was pretty close to the bus stop and really didn't hear them. But many neighbors came back late and a lot of them clearly weren't habitual campers. (I got around this by coming back even later. But if the goal is to go to sleep early, I think I would have need ear plugs or a larger fan for white noise.

I've been right next to the 1400 bus stop before.
Our one trip we were in site 1401. The bus stop was literally right behind our camper. While we did occasionally hear it, it was not so much of a problem for us. As Westcoastwild said, though, if your plan is to go to sleep early, then perhaps some ear plugs or sound machine might be in order, particularly if your that close. Again, I don't really see it as too much of an issue, but then, everyone is different. As an example, when we drive down with the camper, we usually boondock in a truck stop. I love sleeping in the camper between all those idling trucks... It's like white noise for me. My DW cannot stand it and she doesn't sleep well at all. (I might be more concerned if she took a turn at driving the truck towing the camper on the 1100 mile trip, but alas, I do 100% of that drive... so it's all about me during that time. :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter