Go-Go vs. Victory ECV

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
My go-go battery went down to 1/2 green capacity driving my scooter to my room (well, to be honest I'm at Kidani and WAY out there), so Gold Mobility offered to upgrade me to the Victory. It is MUCH more comfortable, and especially for the summer, I love the built in fan. I got the basket in the back, but it does add a lot more total length than on the Go-Go. I've been on the bus twice, and the train to/from Rafiki's planet watch, and while no one's asked me to remove it yet, it did cause problems due to the total length with the basket. Haven't seen any buses like people mentioned, where they have steps and can't take EVCs.
Also, yesterday I got talking with a gentleman who'd rented from Scooter Bug (second time, he said). His comment?-"If anyone were to ask me about renting from Scooterbug, I'd stay don't." He asked me about Gold Mobility, and took down the info and phone number before he left.
Off to Epcot and hopefully Riviera on the Skyway today. If I think of anything else disability related, I'll be back! Also, any questions?

Thanks for the post. I remember asking a quite a while ago about the Victory vs the Go-Go and everyone recommended the Victory too. When I called Gold Mobility, he said a lot of people get the rear basket or the shaded cover, but it can really make a difference when trying to squeeze in tight spaces. I'm glad we are getting the fan too! It will be welcomed!

We tried the rear basket thing, it came off almost immediately, it makes it hard in the elevators even. And for Kidani, I would definitely recommend the Victory over the Go-Go personally, it gives you the flexibility to ride over to Jambo house without having to wait for the internal shuttle if for no other reason.

I always get the Victory (3 wheel makes tighter turns than the 4 wheeler). I love it! So comfortable. Works wonderfully. I get the cane holder on the back for my cane. Love the fan and lights underneath at night. You can even charge your phone using the port. Also love the phone holder and drink holder - their staff is amazing all the way around.

I bought a Victory and love it. I’m also tall so it gives me more room.
But the issue with the battery happens when you rent with any company. Those poor ecvs are treated worse than rental cars. I remember renting one from some random company and it died in Epcot, and they tried blaming me. They aren’t around anymore.

I bought a Victory and love it. I’m also tall so it gives me more room.
But the issue with the battery happens when you rent with any company. Those poor ecvs are treated worse than rental cars. I remember renting one from some random company and it died in Epcot, and they tried blaming me. They aren’t around anymore.
Yeah, which is why Gold Mobility replaces their equipment every 6 months and refurbishes the old and sells them off. Come to think of it, pretty much exactly what a car rental company does (although time frames may vary). So, you know the batteries aren't old in their rentals.

And for Kidani, I would definitely recommend the Victory over the Go-Go personally, it gives you the flexibility to ride over to Jambo house without having to wait for the internal shuttle if for no other reason.

What does the shuttle look like? Can you take scooters/wheelchairs on it?

What does the shuttle look like? Can you take scooters/wheelchairs on it?
The internal shuttle is not accessible for ECVs, not sure about wheelchairs. But there is a walking path that ECVs can use.

Sorry, should have been clearer, I meant having the Victory 10 means you have a large enough battery to drive over and back without needing a shuttle. I would not attempt that with the GoGo sport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter