GKTW Meet: Potential First Canadian Bash, August 11, 2012

hockeymomNS

Has an in with immigration
I have asked for any interest in on the Canadian board, but considering how close we are to the North East US, thought I'd check in here.

I am doing some early planning for a summer GKTW fundraiser in or close to Halifax. Just trying to get some numbers of those who may be interested so I know which venue to try and secure.

btw I am in a unique position as very dear friends of ours experienced the GKTW journey with their now deceased son.....probably thinking that my local, non Dis numbers may be higher due to this.

Hope on in and join the fun!!!!:banana::banana:

Event is a GO!!!!!
August 11, just outside Halifax. We have a local family restaurant/pub reserved. Going to have a great afternoon of food, music, auction, raffles and good ole socializing. We have a great team ready to raise money and ensure a good time is had by all.
Tickets are $10.00 each for 9 and over (keeping with Disney). With each ticket bought, you will get 5 ballots/tickets to the penny auction. If you can't make it, but want to contribute, we have a team ready to sign your name to your ballots and randomly deposit them.

I'm going to move this over to our official GKTW planning forum. Good luck with your meet! :)

Thanks Nikki, I wasn't sure where to put it because I don't have a date nailed down yet.

Date to be confirmed Monday.........for now we are looking at August 11, 2012

Our GKTW/Dis Meet is set to go
-Saturday August 11, 2012
-Angles Family Eatery & Pub, Lr. Sackville, NS
www.anglespub.net
- 2:00 registration & auction viewing/bidding (silent
auction and penny auction) - Incredible door prize!
- 3:00 music/ kitchen party
- 4:00 prize drawings, auction bids awarded,
more meeting 'n greeting

Cost is $10.00 for those 9 and over (in keeping with Disney prices). Each ticket comes with 5 silent auction ballots. Additional ballots can be purchased for $. 50 each.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

The meet was mentioned on this week's podcast!:banana:

I nearly dropped what I was holding when I heard it! And that's not good since it was firewood :)

I hope they can make it...it would be a huge boost for us and I for one would love to show them some maritime hospitality :banana:

If somebody from a bit south of you were to do a road-trip :car:, will you accept US money? ;)

Jeff Darling, not only would I accept it, I'll give you a big ole Nova Scotian hug.:love:::yay:

btw offer is still open for personal excursion guide.

I too was thrilled to hear about this on the podcast. Unfortunately we have tentatively planned to be in California at that time...so bummed about that, as I would have attended for sure!

If something falls through with my trip, or if the date happens to change (perhaps to accomodate Pete) you can count me in! :)

Too bad the meet didn't coincide with a day that the Magic happened to be in port this summer....;)

Depending on how things work out that summer, I might do a roadtrip myself. :) I love NS and haven't been there in ages. Hubby is actually going there next week for business.

Depending on how things work out that summer, I might do a roadtrip myself. :) I love NS and haven't been there in ages. Hubby is actually going there next week for business.

We'd love to have you!!! We're getting excited already about it :banana:

I can't Commit yet, but would neighbours to the immediate west of you be welcome?

YOU BET!!!!

It is going to be soooo much fun. We have plans scheduled for Saturday and some ideas for Sunday - depending on who is still around. The tickets officially go on sale in May.

Come on now, start planning!!!!:banana::banana:

Sigh. Looking at the calendar we are realizing that we really don't have the time to make this road trip. We're going to be getting back from the ABD trip on 8/6 at almost midnight. So, turning around in a few days to drive up to NS just isn't going to work out.

Sad that we won't make it. I knew it would have been fun.

Sigh. Looking at the calendar we are realizing that we really don't have the time to make this road trip. We're going to be getting back from the ABD trip on 8/6 at almost midnight. So, turning around in a few days to drive up to NS just isn't going to work out.

Sad that we won't make it. I knew it would have been fun.

Shoot, we will miss you. I'll mail you a CD of the music, including the song (being written as I type) created as a tribute to the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!