• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gift idea for pregnant friend in hospital

Gas cards or restaurant cards for the dad or other family members. It can get pricy going back and forth from the hospital and it's usually easier to grab something to eat than going home to cook.

Some books or magazines, coloring books, puzzle books, a deck of cards. Does she do crafty stuff like knitting or needlepoint?

Gas cards or restaurant cards for the dad or other family members. It can get pricy going back and forth from the hospital and it's usually easier to grab something to eat than going home to cook.

Some books or magazines, coloring books, puzzle books, a deck of cards. Does she do crafty stuff like knitting or needlepoint?

I love these ideas. I also wanted to add that when I was on bedrest I had my husband go out and buy me some fun cheerful nail polish. He got me a bright, cheerful coral color. Brightened my day a bit. :love:

I was hospitalized off and on due to pre-e with both of my pregnancies. No problem with flowers or food. I craved fresh melon and pineapple with my twins pregnancy, so maybe some nice fresh fruit or something? With one hospital/pregnancy I had a fridge in the room, with another I could use the fridge at nurses station just had to label stuff.

If you can visit, visit. Bedrest gets old fast. Books are good. iTunes gift cards/Amazon gift card if she has electronics she can use. Puzzle books are nice.

Wishing her well. It's a scary time especially that early.

Thank you! I ended up buying her Netflix account, so she can watch positive movies & pass the time. Just texted her with the info & she is really grateful. My heart aches for her. I might also start up a collection at work. I'm guessing money is going to be a real struggle with her being out of work for the next few weeks.

A good friend of mine had her 4th baby at 24.5 weeks, he weighed less than 500g (from memory he is 7 now) his dads wedding ring could make it up to his shoulder over his arm.

You wouldn't know it to look at him today but it was a real struggle for at least a year.
She was on bed rest in the hospital for several weeks before he was born (pretty hard when you have 3 other kids under 6)

Assuming the baby survives (positive thoughts goingbher way) she will likely be discharged before the baby is, my friend had to pump regularly to try and get her milk in (as babies that prem cannot have formula so they need a milk bank of the mothers milk can't get started) which for her meant a 45 minute drive each way at least once a day, it cost them a lot in petrol.

I am not normally one for Give a little pages etc but in a case like this the costs add up really quick even in a country that has free health insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter