Gideons service?

It's possible that some of the personal shopper services out there may do this.

But I've never had an issue with waiting for Gideon's. The VQ makes it easy. Just go eat/shop while you wait (which most people who are visiting DS probably planned to do anyway).

It's possible that some of the personal shopper services out there may do this.

But I've never had an issue with waiting for Gideon's. The VQ makes it easy. Just go eat/shop while you wait (which most people who are visiting DS probably planned to do anyway).
Is it on the app or do you physically go to Gideon's and add your name to a list?

Is it on the app or do you physically go to Gideon's and add your name to a list?
You have to physically go to Gideon's and have a CM add you to the list.

Also if you want a reduced wait, avoid weekends and go during the week. I went this morning and at 9:30 the line went all the way to Homecomin's entrance. When it opened at 10, they immediately began doing a VQ for anyone not already in line.

Is there a service that will wait on line at Gideons and deliver to your hotel? If not, can someone please start one?
I don't know how profitable a service would be since Gideons has a limit on how many cookies you can purchase at one time. Right now, the website states it's 7 cookies. (I could've swore it was 6 before?)

Their other location offers pre-orders and that doesn't have a limit, but you have to pick them up; no delivery.
Sometimes they don't use the VQ. We've gone early a few times when the line was very short and got in in about 10 - 15 minutes. Other times we've had to get on the VQ. We will leave our name and go eat somewhere until we're called. And if you're called (texted, actually) while you're still eating, they will *hold* your spot if you're finished with your meal.

Is there a service that will wait on line at Gideons and deliver to your hotel? If not, can someone please start one?
Yeah, sign me up too.

Gideons is on the list for our trip, but we don’t exactly have a timeslot dedicated to “go to Disney Springs and hang out in a long line or maybe wait in a VQ for some indeterminate amount of time”. We’re at WDW! We’ve got rope drops to get to, attraction VQs to snag, Genie+ slots to book, and ADRs to attend!

I wish they had a “order ahead“ thing where you could just place your order prior and pick it up at a prearranged time, even if you had to order a day or more in advance.

I know you can pre-order at the Orlando location (or just go there), but looking at Maps it seems like that’s around 45 minutes each way. If I’m facing 90 minutes of travel time, I might as well go to Disney Springs and wait!

Yeah, sign me up too.

Gideons is on the list for our trip, but we don’t exactly have a timeslot dedicated to “go to Disney Springs and hang out in a long line or maybe wait in a VQ for some indeterminate amount of time”. We’re at WDW! We’ve got rope drops to get to, attraction VQs to snag, Genie+ slots to book, and ADRs to attend!

I wish they had a “order ahead“ thing where you could just place your order prior and pick it up at a prearranged time, even if you had to order a day or more in advance.

I know you can pre-order at the Orlando location (or just go there), but looking at Maps it seems like that’s around 45 minutes each way. If I’m facing 90 minutes of travel time, I might as well go to Disney Springs and wait!
We get a spot in the VQ before going to an ADR at DS and then get our cookies after our ADR.

The love for over rated cookies is strong!!

It seems like this place tries to sell itself as a themed experience and I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in that. It's a cookie shop. Get off your high horse and offer an express line or mobile ordering.

It seems like this place tries to sell itself as a themed experience and I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in that. It's a cookie shop. Get off your high horse and offer an express line or mobile ordering.
How would an express line be any different?

I don’t think anyone sees it as a themed experience. It’s a cookie shop with some cute theming/decor. If you’re going to be spending more than a couple of hours at DS the virtual queue makes it super easy. You won’t wait in a line more than a few minutes.

But if someone just wants to get in and out of DS fast and grab some cookies than yeah, it’s not really set up for that. In that case I’d skip it and not feel like I was missing out too much.

How would an express line be any different?

It seems like people spend a lot of time trying to decide what they want and talking to the staff, and they pack up things in fancy packaging, etc.. An express line would be great for people who know what they want and can order and be done quickly. Like, limit it to just cookies, no drinks, no cakes, etc. I'd be fine with a window. No need to go inside.

It seems like people spend a lot of time trying to decide what they want and talking to the staff, and they pack up things in fancy packaging, etc.. An express line would be great for people who know what they want and can order and be done quickly. Like, limit it to just cookies, no drinks, no cakes, etc. I'd be fine with a window. No need to go inside.
I agree people seme to spend time interacting with staff at the registers, but that's just Disney. The workers are friendly. you can witness the same type of interactions at most Disney retail (Amorette's seems to have the same issues, but I rarely see people complaining about the wait there). Yeah, I guess if you eliminate a big chunk of your menu (drinks and cakes), an express window would be slightly faster. but they don't take a lot of time with the fancy packaging. Its a box with pre-wrapped cookies. The cakes and drinks do take a little longer, but again, that's just a natural result of what they are selling. The place is simply popular. Even an express window wouldn't necesarrily be a short wait

Thing is, they don't need to. Items sell out in spite of that line.

We went Monday morning right about 10. It was a normal 45 minute queue. They complimented my husband for knowing what he wanted already. Me, I went shopping. 🤣

Thing is, they don't need to. Items sell out in spite of that line.

We went Monday morning right about 10. It was a normal 45 minute queue. They complimented my husband for knowing what he wanted already. Me, I went shopping. 🤣

It's not about selling more. It's about delivering a better customer experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter