GF Spa and SS Spa NEW information

littleolliesmom

Earning My Ears
If you havent heard, I just wanted to let you guys know that all the spas on Disney property are going to be operated by Disney now. They were being run by a third party. Since the GF spa has closed, they are completely remodeling the spa. So it will be completely brand new and beautiful. Also, I'm very excited about this, Disney will be taking over and running the spas. No more third party company! Disney had been getting so many complaints about the spa customer service that they decided to end their contract with them and run everything themselves. This means NEW staff, new menu new everything! Im a massge therapist and have applied for the GF spa and hope to be working there soon. They said it would reopen before christmas. Once the GF spa is up and running they will be closing down Saratoga Springs spa for a remodel as well and hire all new staff. They want both spas to provide exceptional service. So remember if you had a horrible experience before, things will be different. I will post any new information I hear. When they will be taking appointments, new menu offerings and if I got the job! Lots of good news coming soon!

Great news. Back when the spa at the Disney Institute was run by Disney, I had the best reflexology treatment ever. pixiedust:

However, I loved the beauticians I came to know through the years at the GF and Y&BC. Maybe they will be hired by Disney? At any rate, the way the owners moved them around in recent years was a disappointment to those of us who were sort of "regulars."

Good luck to you!pixiedust:

Thanks for the update. I had been to both and had terrible service. So much so that I have since ended up scheduling sessions for the Spa at the Dolphin instead.

Once they are done, I may just try them again.

thanks for the update.. I just hope that they keep the grapefruit shower gels at the GF spa... I loved them!!!

I never had a bad experience at either the GF or the SSR spa, but I'm glad to hear they are being remodeled. I think that the GF had gotten outdated, and the treatment rooms at SSR need some work. I think the locker room area of SSR is lovely, but I was really disappointed when I had my manicure/pedicure in a room that was basically the size and decor of a storage closet.

The SSR spa is overlooking one of the most lovely areas both by the pool and the grounds, it would be nice if the nail area could take advantage of the view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter