GF or Poly

allisonswonderland

DIS Veteran
Ok we are thinking about a may trip and hoping against hope there will be a bounce back offer when we go in Nov, but we would like some input. We typically stay at the BC just stayed at the YC. Poly or gf thanks we are 2 adults

We have stayed at the Poly a number of times and really love it (we don't stay anymore because it is way too expensive with two boys in college). We love sitting on the beach watching the fireworks. We like walking the grounds; we like being able to walk to catch the monorail and walking to the ticket/transportaiton center. We have never stayed at the GF. It is very pretty, but just "too much" for us. It's just not our style at all.

Normally I would say the Polynesian, but since you seem to like BC/YC, the GF may be the one for you. Is there any way you could visit each resort and see what fits you better. I think by visiting, you get a feel for each resort and get the "Yeah, I could stay here" feeling. Thats how I know that the GF isn't for our family at this time.

The atmosphere, sounds, and views make Poly so great to stay at. The problem is my family became spoiled with the Poly so no other resort compares to it.

Wow. We are 2 adults who love the BC, YC and GF. Not so much the Poly. I guess we are in the minority. Maybe too many trips to Hawaii, I don't know. But we love GF.

I have stayed at the Poly and will be staying at the GF for Christmas.

The Poly was fine but was it over the top WOW...no. I thought the rooms were dark and the pool was always packed. Nothing special. The best thing is the view of the MK and I think that is what you pay for.

Have fun choosing!

OUr family has stayed at CR, WL, Poly, GF, YC and BC is coming up in a few weeks. So far the only deluxe we have no wish to return to is the Poly. We highly prefer the GF to it.

We love the Grand Floridian but don't have a burning desire to stay at the Poly. We also love the BC/YC and the Boardwalk. The Grand is so beautiful and romantic. I don't find the tropical theme of the Poly romantic at all

We are HUGE GF fans - it is our favorite!!:cloud9:

We stayed at the Poly once and it was just okay. We stayed LVC and while the view was great, the evening and breakfast food were very good, we felt like it was not worth it! The pool was very crowded and there were families swimming who were not staying there, the rooms are dark, the GCH was loud and crowded. We have no desire to ever return.

Both are great resorts. Although we absolutely love the Poly and stay there nearly every time! Love everything about this resort. It's like having 2 vacations in one for us due to the theming! :)

The GF was cool, but the POLY rocks!

My problem with GF: as a guy, the whole Victorian theme in the room turned me off.

We love the Poly. If I could stay at any resort on the Disney property I would pick the Poly without hesitation.

Hi there! I was also trying to decide between these two resorts a few weeks back. We decided on GF, and are so excited! Last year we stayed at YC and loved it. We are going back to Disney World in May and thought we'd try out a Magic Kingdom resort this time. Whichever you decide, have a fantastic trip!

I have stayed at the Poly 4 times. Loved It!

Haven't been there since 2002 but chose to stay there this coming February and can hardly wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter