Getting diesel fuel with the big rigs

Oh, and by the way ... I got this email today from a DIS admin concerning my original post about the TSD fuel card:

"The advertisers/sponsors who you see on the DIS are carefully chosen. While we welcome discussion of them as well as other businesses that you have information or questions about, if it's determined that you are using the DIS to promote a commercial venture, you will lose your posting privileges. This includes choosing a username that refers to your business, organization, or website. In addition, links to the company's website will be blocked. Also note that we do not want the boards to be used for solicitations or for requesting referrals.

Post deleted

Anyone with a diesel needs to watch this, be sure to watch full length for the details:"

I got one of those too. Not like we’re trying to make money off the membership.

That Loves discount was news to me, but haven’t been using the truck much to need a fill. Thanks for the info.

Filler neck...stops by itself when truck tank gets full. Can't leave the transfer valve open all the time, however. The digital fuel level computer can't figure out my fuel mileage if the tank never decreases. After a couple hundred miles it hits an "unable to compute" trigger. Turning truck off will reset it...so far. Also, truck needs to be on level ground during transfer; I've had spillover when parked on a slope when trying to transfer. Very happy with this setup.

My truck already had pump and tie in place when I purchased it. Have switch in cab to turn off and on. I really wish I had an indicator in cab as to how much fuel was in reserve. Tank itself has a old school float indicator inside the toolbox.

My F250 will recalculate the miles every so often, but its funny to watch it bounce around.

I have the Pilot/Flying J card and the TSd card. I usually drive to WDW with only my dog for help. 1,100 miles, price isn’t an issue, it is the ease of paying at the pump. Even when my dw rides with instead of flying to me, she doesn’t like going in to pre-pay in the middle of the night. The dog is getting better at helping me back into campsites, but isn’t great with my credit card in the stores.

We just completed a trip down to the Fort, and we saved right around 200 dollars using the TSD card. So it works for us. Of course my fuel tanks are a bit bigger than most. I was nearly empty when I started the trip and fueled, on the return trip, I fueled so my tanks would be full over the winter, and ready for spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts