Getting cash

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
Ok, I know this is probably a really silly question, but I honestly don't know the answer. How do you go about getting cash from the bank drive thru? Do you have to write a check, or are you just able to write a note and tell them what you want?

I'm going to start using cash Dave Ramsey style, in the hopes of paying down my debt. I will need specific denominations of bills as well. ATMs will only give you 10s or 20s, so that won't work. Do I just write down what I need and send it over to the bank teller?:confused3

Thanks! I know this is probably very stupid of me, but I just don't know!:headache:

use a withdrawl slip from your bank.... and just verbally tell the teller how u want your money......

u can write a check payable to cash or ask for a withdraw slip. if u need certain bills i would just ask the teller after i sent the check or withdraw slip in :)

Yeah, what they said. But I did want to note that if you plan to do this frequently and use the withdrawl slip method rather than writing a check you can ask the teller to give you 10 or 15 withdrawl slips to keep in your car. That way you can have it filled out ahead of time when you pull up to the drive through to save time.

Also keep in mind that you will need your account number if you use a withdrawl slip (the teller can probably look it up for you the first time if you don't know it) and you'll need ID either way.

Ok, thanks everyone! I didn't know they still even had withdrawl slips, that is how much I have come to rely on the ATM.:rotfl:

As a former bank teller, if you want specific denominations please write it down and send in with your check and ID. Your tube comes in and trying to write it down when you ring the buzzer is a pain.

:teacher: When we used the envelope system, I actually made a deposit request on the computer and printed out several copies and kept them in the glove box and used one every Friday. Looked something like this:

From Acct 123456
4 - 5's - $20
4 - 10's - $40
2 - 20's - $40

Total - $100

The teller's loved it and actually asked about them when I stopped using them.

I was a bank manager and I'm now a customer, so this is from both perspectives. I do this quite frequently, especially because I need ones for DD's lunch money. I keep a stack of withdrawal slips in my car and fill them out before I get to the window so I don't hold up anyone waiting behind me in line. I also keep post-it notes in my car. I just write the denominations I want on the post-it and then stick it to the withdrawal slip. The teller usually has to write down this same info to make sure you get what you want, so it saves him or her some effort. By sending a note with the withdrawal slip rather than telling the teller what I want through the speaker, I'm also not announcing what I'm getting to everyone within earshot (I often get $1000+ and really don't need people hearing that). :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter