Getting AP in hand

ihearttink

Mouseketeer
Yesterday I received our AP voucher and my husband's park hopper ticket. This is our first AP. On our first day at WDW we try to get there as early as possible so we have a full day on site. Last two times we arrived and checked in at 8 a.m and 10 a.m. and were off to the parks.

We are staying at the BWI this trip. I know we need to get the actual AP in hand to check in. My TA told us to go to Epcot to get it. My question is this. How early can we get the AP? Do we have to wait for the parks to open or can we get it prior to that?

Good question. I also want to know how different is the process to purchase an AP without a voucher. Does having a voucher same me any time?

When we were at WDW Guest Services (where you activate the AP voucher I'm pretty sure) didn't open until the park did. If it were me, I'd go ahead and try to check in at BWI with the voucher. When we checked in they didn't ask to see anything and we had an AP rate. Apparently sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. If they let you register, no problems. I've heard of many who've been allowed to register with the voucher. If they do in fact require an activated AP you can leave your luggage with bell services and take a quick walk to the international gateway to activate the AP.

Have Fun!!

Thanks for the advice. I think that is what I will try to do. I don't know, maybe they will check us in and when we return we can bring the AP to the front desk as proof of purchase. I also realized that I have my husband's park hopper ticket already so we can do the park first and then check in. I just think checking in early gives you the better chance for a better room, who knows, maybe not :confused3

I have friends who checked in at the CR with a voucher at the end of last year. The CM at checkin did ask to see the AP and they showed him the voucher and explained they had just arrived and had not yet had time to activate it. The CM said that was fine and they could check in but that he needed them to stop by the desk sometime before they checked out and show the actual AP just to confirm that they did activate the voucher. They went to their room, got changed and left for the parks. Of course they activated the AP at the park, then enjoyed their day and went back to the CR. She said they just checked by the lobby whenever they were coming or going somewhere and when there wasn't a line at the desk, they went up to the desk to show the voucher. The CM at the desk made a note in the computer and thanked them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter