Get your bridal butt in gear! Motivational thread!

So I'm sitting here watching "Bulging Brides" and I thought of this thread! I think I'm going to see if they have the 30-day shred DVD at Target tomorrow. It seems like people have had really great results with that one?? I have about 2 and half months!!

Hi there, id love to join you! I need to shape up before I go try on the dress!!! I am getting excited,a nd want to look my best. Have anyone of you heard of Medi Weight Loss clinics? I was thinking of giving it a try. I actually just posted this question on the community board, I got the meanest response ever. lol Mean lady!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2161215

I havent actually chosen a plan yet, but I plan to in the next couple of days. In the meantime Im trying to get my gym routine worked out.

I definitely needed to read this thread! I have been a serious lurker for too long and have enjoyed every minute of it, but I need to come out and join in. I am hoping to have a VR next year (will be 15 years) but want to lose the...ummm...50 pounds I have added over the years. I started walking to and from work and during lunch, and this evening I struggled through Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. WOW! I never knew my legs were made of jello! :rotfl2:

OMG...this is depressing. I've been working my butt off for 2 weeks, eating well, exercising and I've gained 1 pound since I started. I'm telling myself that its a combination of 2 things...building muscle and monthly bloating...argh...

Hi there, id love to join you! I need to shape up before I go try on the dress!!! I am getting excited,a nd want to look my best. Have anyone of you heard of Medi Weight Loss clinics? I was thinking of giving it a try. I actually just posted this question on the community board, I got the meanest response ever. lol Mean lady!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2161215

I havent actually chosen a plan yet, but I plan to in the next couple of days. In the meantime Im trying to get my gym routine worked out.

I can not believe what that poster said, definitely needed a chill pill, or something.

A friend of mine did the once a week shot in combo with calorie counting and appetite sups, water pills. She did it for a few months and she did lose quite a bit (she's really not that big to begin with). She has stopped and only put back on about 5 pounds or so. She wanted me to do it with her, but I could not justify the costs of it to get shot up and take pills, that's just my opinion.

You just have to find what works for you and that is maintainable long-term. My mom and my DFi's mom both swear by Weight Watchers, I can never stick to it, I always fall off the wagon.

I believe that reducing preservative intake can help. It's just easier for your body to break down. I'm pretty much on an "organic" diet per say, it's a pretty strict diet I have to be on for a few months until my insulin levels balance. I have lost 6 lbs this week alone.

Well. that was just NASTY...do what you feel is best for you, and don't let the ignorant opinions of others bring you down...best of luck!!!

I posted this long ago, but I thought I would post again to give you all some motivation:

I just cancelled my WW online membership today because I just don't log in much anymore and I was spending $15/mth for it and it seemed a waste

To update the post..I had surgery again on March 30th to remove my gallbladder and repair 3 hernias (apparently, I have a genetic predisposition to hernias as this makes 5 repairs). I am still swollen from my surgery but today weighed 153 and just bought a size 10 bathing suit:

I posted this on the Wedding Weightloss thread, but I thought I would here too for you all..cause I will tell ANYONE who listens how much I owe WW online! - This morning I was 151.9
2006 - Before my 2006 surgery (i know I gained after that surgery too)
2akfi4n.jpg

Day I started my diet
2u6fxhv.jpg

Trying on size 16 dress that I loved..it wouldn't zip past my waist so I am holding it with my arms - this is after 3 months of dieting and maybe 15 lost
dh4k2b.jpg

2vrxrn9.jpg

Actual wedding day..size 16 dress I found that morning at Target
mj30jd.jpg

For the newbies..I am Betsy 5'7" and in April 2007 I was 226 and a size 22W. I have had a lot of abdominal surgery (5 in 7 years) and gained due to lack of exercise and love of cooking. I joined WW first to lose weight for a Disney trip in June 2007 and continued it to lose for our DCL VR that was on July 25, 2008. I managed to buy the size 16 dress and then had to have it taken in 2" on each side..
Today I am 151.9 and a size 12! People who haven't seen me in months tell me it has taken years off my face too. That is my biggest motivation..more than all the clothes I get to buy in the regular section now..that my face looks thinner!
I don't log into WW everyday and maybe I should drop my membership because it HAS taught me how to cut my portions and eat better.
I have 3lbs to my goal if 150 (which is my pre pregnancy weight from 1998) but I have managed to remain the same since we got back from the cruise, so I am very happy!

I didn't mean to run on and on..just to give everyone some inspiration. I use to hear people say "i lost 40lbs" and try to extract every bit of information to learn how..

At Vow Renewal
2zisbad.jpg

24cawzb.jpg

This was taken about a month ago and it isn't a great shot (I changed my hair to red the weekend before my surgery)
27xhy6e.jpg

OMG Betsy! You look great!

The first wedding dress I tried on was an 18W and it fit perfectly. When the dress that I ordered came in it was a size 16 and I told them that I would try to fit in to it! I was really worried and I too started WW online and I joined curves. I am now 22 lbs. lighter and my size 16 dress is perfect! So I know it's hard but it's possible.

Betsy you are my SHEro!!!!! :worship: I was soo happy that I could fit into this dress but I'm going to take it a step further! :woohoo:

And I love the new hair color!

Thanks!
I was too scared to order the 14 dress in Feb 08..I wish I had because it would have saved alterations!

For the first time in a while, DF and I used the wii last night. I bought wrist weights at sports authority a few weeks ago - so I strapped those on and we did boxing, bowling and tennis.

My arms and shoulders are already sore!!! What a workout - especially the boxing! Just need to keep it up:thumbsup2

So I just wanted to check in, I bought the Jillian Michaels 30-day shred DVD and yesterday was day 1 of level 1. Honestly, it was not that bad. I mean its not a cake walk but its certainly doable. I think the length of the workout (only 20 min) helps make it not so overwhelming. I may think differently after level 2!

I started the 30 Day Shred also. Had a little difficulty with the jumping jacks but I'm sure they will get easier with time. I'm glad it's going well for you! Good luck! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter