Get yer lugs on we're going to Disney - July 16 TR (update 8/11) Football and Chili's

:welcome: Mom2gymnasts! Lovely to have you here.

That's great you had a Glaswegian Granda! Do you know what part of Glasgow he lived in?

I don't know what part he grew up in.

I'm sure they would be pleased you are continuing to observe the New Year traditions. Steak pie is definitely a tradition worth continuing.

I was happy when I finally got it to taste just right! My grandmother always made her Scottish shortbread at Christmas and would make current cakes (really cookies) and empire biscuits. I'm not sure if those were my grandfather's family recipes or if they were hers.

All caught up, Dearie! :)

To be honest, I've never even heard of Tenerife outside of the air disaster a while back. I'd never seen photos or heard much about it. So, I"m really enjoying your report. :)

The marina and little beach area and shopping strip looked so cute; very quaint! The water is so blue and pretty, and I love the rocky coastal landscape. EEK! NO gas!

Yes, your terrace is amazing... just stunning view you have.

Lovely chapter!

I suppose it's all relative... we have some single track roads in Scotland there is only room for one car coming in one direction. You then get the fun of using passing places.

Get a bigger car... or truck... and force everyone you meet to back up!

Probably very wise! Drivers don't always make great passengers.

True. Often, passengers are clueless and have no idea how reckless you just were. :rolleyes1

I'm sure you would..although you may prefer the company of my Biker brothers.

Maybe... Maybe not.

I think diesel and petrol are roughly the same at the moment with the best price being £1.19 a litre.

That is pricey. Here it's £0.65, although last week on the coast it was £0.88.

I refer the kind gentleman back to the rules of the pool and that if you were to eat the said 'lolly on a lilo' you would be contravening rules 9 and 12. I hope to goodness you weren't contemplating breaking rule 6 or anarchy may ensue.

Anarchy!!!!!

It is a large scale problem in Los Gigantes!

:laughing: I see what you did there.

All caught up, Dearie! :)

Yay! There are some benefits to the slow pace of my updates. This is the perfect trip report for busy people.

To be honest, I've never even heard of Tenerife outside of the air disaster a while back.

That's interesting that's why it is known on the other side of the Atlantic.

I'd never seen photos or heard much about it. So, I"m really enjoying your report. :)

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it!

The marina and little beach area and shopping strip looked so cute; very quaint!

I really like the feel of this resort. It felt much more Spanish than the resorts nearer to where we were staying.

EEK! NO gas!

It's more worrying when a fuel light comes on in a hire car than your own car as you have no idea how imminent empty is!

Yes, your terrace is amazing... just stunning view you have.

Perfect location to enjoy a nice glass of wine.

Lovely chapter!
Thank you - more coming eventually!

Thought I would pop in and say hello. This weekend is our holiday weekend with schools off on Friday and Monday. Peter is away with his school Saturday to Wednesday to the Isle of Raasay which is off the West Coast of Scotland. He will get to do lots of outdoor activities including sea kayaking, sailing, coasteering, abseiling and best of all jumping off a pier.

Hannah is at a place called Teen Ranch with the youth group from our church. We are staying in a nearby cottage. The logistics are never straight forward. We had booked the cottage from Friday but discovered recently that Peter wasn't leaving until early Saturday morning. I came up yesterday afternoon with Alfie. Alan drove up this morning after dropping Peter off at school at 07:30am. We took Alfie a nice walk in the country this morning. Anyway we have decided to have a lazy day around the cottage. Alan is having an afternoon nap.

Here is the view early this morning from our patio.

Now that's some view from the bath tub!

Drying out the old walking shoes from the dew covered grass on our morning walk. Alfie was loving all the scents from the different wildlife.

Alfie's also having a lazy afternoon.

Thought I would pop in and say hello.

:wave:

This weekend is our holiday weekend with schools off on Friday and Monday.

What holiday is it? Or just a break (similar to our spring break)?

He will get to do lots of outdoor activities including sea kayaking, sailing, coasteering, abseiling and best of all jumping off a pier.

Had to Google coasteering. Never heard of that one.
From Wiki:
"Coasteering is a physical activity that encompasses movement along the intertidal zone of a rocky coastline on foot or by swimming, without the aid of boats, surf boards or other craft. It is difficult to define the precise boundaries between, for example, rockpooling and ocean swimming."

Anyway we have decided to have a lazy day around the cottage.

Niiiice.

Alan is having an afternoon nap.

Envious. I only had... well, less than four hours sleep last night.

Now that's some view from the bath tub!

:laughing: I want to know if it gets used!

Alfie was loving all the scents from the different wildlife.

I bet! :)

Awwwww.... tired pup.

What holiday is it? Or just a break (similar to our spring break)?

It is just a local holiday that is taken by schools in the West of Scotland. A lot of local authorities in the East and North of Scotland don't get this one as they get 2 weeks in October.

To be fair you would only come across it on rocky coastlines. Sounds fun!

Sometimes not doing much is the perfect break.

That's not good. Alan got another couple of hours - he was up at 5am.

I want to know if it gets used!

I haven't seen anyone in it yet!

Yay! There are some benefits to the slow pace of my updates. This is the perfect trip report for busy people.

Yes, thank you! I do appreciate it. ;) LOL!

That's interesting that's why it is known on the other side of the Atlantic.

For sure.

I really like the feel of this resort. It felt much more Spanish than the resorts nearer to where we were staying.

Interesting. Maybe next time you'd choose to stay at that one.

It's more worrying when a fuel light comes on in a hire car than your own car as you have no idea how imminent empty is!

For sure! I'd be more than a bit nervous.

Perfect location to enjoy a nice glass of wine.

I can see that!

From Wiki:
"Coasteering is a physical activity that encompasses movement along the intertidal zone of a rocky coastline on foot or by swimming, without the aid of boats, surf boards or other craft. It is difficult to define the precise boundaries between, for example, rockpooling and ocean swimming."

We call this tidepooling and Oregon is famous for it. :) The Sea Anemones are fun to poke.

:guilty:

Not enough!

It is just a local holiday that is taken by schools in the West of Scotland. A lot of local authorities in the East and North of Scotland don't get this one as they get 2 weeks in October.

So like our spring break. Got it. :)

To be fair you would only come across it on rocky coastlines. Sounds fun!

It does!
I'm probably not spry enough for that now, though.

Sometimes not doing much is the perfect break.

::yes::

That's not good. Alan got another couple of hours - he was up at 5am.

Good for him. I'm dragging right now.

I haven't seen anyone in it yet!

Do you have a telephoto lens at the ready???

:guilty:

Not enough!

I'll get some more on Wednesday I think. Unless work calls.

Yes, thank you! I do appreciate it. ;) LOL!

Happy to help!

Interesting. Maybe next time you'd choose to stay at that one.

Maybe..we did return another day later in the holiday.

We call this tidepooling and Oregon is famous for it. :) The Sea Anemones are fun to poke.

I loved the sea creatures we saw in the rock pools in Tofino. The starfish were huge. I'll try posting a link to the Raasay site and you can judge if it looks similar.

https://www.raasay-house.co.uk/coasteering-skye-scotland/

Not enough!

You tell him, he'll maybe listen to you as a medical professional.

So like our spring break. Got it. :)

Sort of... except it's Autumn.

Do you have a telephoto lens at the ready???

I think the answer to this needs to be a no!

After a relaxing afternoon it was time to take Alfie out for a local walk.

Right boys are you ready?

As we walked down the hill we could see the River Tay beyond the fields.

I love this time of year!

These guys came over to see what was going on!

We kept going! Alfie's nose was going overtime.

He had clearly got a scent. He froze and pointed his nose at the hedgerow. Next moment a pheasant flew up out of the field.

Alfie was enjoying being on his first holiday.

I don't know if you are familiar with the poem 'Leisure' by William Henry Davies. These cows reminded me of the opening lines. I dedicate this to all the busy people here who need to take some time to stand and stare.

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this is if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

Right boys are you ready?

They certainly look it! :)

we could see the River Tay beyond the fields.

I like that. It just flows. (Pun intended.)

River Tay.... Rivertay. One word.

What is that?

These guys came over to see what was going on!

He had clearly got a scent. He froze and pointed his nose at the hedgerow. Next moment a pheasant flew up out of the field.

Impressive!

I don't know if you are familiar with the poem 'Leisure' by William Henry Davies. These cows reminded me of the opening lines.

Didn't know it. I like it.

Here is the view early this morning from our patio.
Beautiful countryside! I love all the pictures. Looks like a great place to spend a few days while the kids are off enjoying some time with friends and classmates.

I didn't realize he was a bird dog! :rotfl2:

What is that?

It's an apple tree. This one had bright red apples like the kind that tempted Snow White.

Didn't know it. I like it.

I really enjoyed the poem.

W H Davies was a Welsh poet. His life story is quite interesting.

Sounds like you had a nice little holiday.

We had a good break but back to work tomorrow.

Love your Alfie updates!

Thank you - I'm looking forward to hearing about the adventures of Stacey J. Aswad.

I hope you've all been enjoying your holiday!

We did enjoy our relaxing break. Peter won't be back until Wednesday. It is very strange not having any contact with him.

Beautiful countryside! I love all the pictures. Looks like a great place to spend a few days while the kids are off enjoying some time with friends and classmates.

I love the countryside. It was good to have some time without the kids.

I didn't realize he was a bird dog! :rotfl2:

I'm not sure I'd be able to train him up as a gun dog although he is a silent Ninja.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!