GENIE PLUS WITH TODDLER

SarahJC

Mouseketeer
Hello,

My husband, son ( who will be turning 2 at the time of this trip) and I have a trip planned next month. We are planning on purchasing Genie Plus for our MK and HS day when we are park hopping. MK in the morning, HS in the evening. I am not sure whether to go with booking LL "as we go" after each LL that we scan into, one after the other, or to stack them for HS.

Few things to consider:
We are not concerned about rides with height requirements, but would like TSM and maybe MMRR.
Although, Jungle Cruise is one of the top ones I'd like to do at MK, it won't make or break our trip.
We are staying at AKL, so we do get MK extended evening hours and may take advantage of that ( son is a night owl) and our next day is a rest day.
Also, we cannot switch MK and HS on Genie Plus Day due to a 7:30 CM breakfast at contemporary and a hair appointment at 10:30am at Harmony Barber Shop for our sons birthday.
We will be going to our room for a mid-day nap.

So families with toddlers- what way was best for you? Choosing LL one after the other as you scan, or stacking?

TY!

I think it depends on whether your planning on early entry or not.

For your MK day jungle cruise is one of the top LLs, I think I made that my priority on one of my MK days. But MK has so many rides, it was pretty easy to just keep pulling them.

I did stack my LL for my second DHS day which was more challenging. My husband was playing golf so I had to make sure my first return time was late enough that we would make it.

We did back to back rides in the morning in MK and then stacked in the afternoon because we went back to the room for a nap/escape the heat. We were able to either walk on or do G+ for PotC, HM, Splash, and Big Thunder all before 11:30. We wanted to prioritize the Mickey meet and greet around 4pm, so that we could do it first thing on our way back into the park. Around 11:30, right when I tapped into one of the mountains, Mickey was almost at 4pm, so I waited and grabbed the 4pm as soon as it came up. Then I stacked the rest of the afternoon. At 1:30, I grabbed a 4:30 Space Mountain, at 3:30 I grabbed something else. In the evening we were able to ride back to back again. The only things we weren't able to get on that day were Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan, but we prioritized them the next day.

I'd keep an eye on the data before you are there about when the time slots go and try to prioritize what you want. If it's a really busy day/week, you might not be able to do back to back rides.

If you use rider switch with LL then it really doesn’t take long to ride any of the rides. Usually you can bring another person along with the waiting parent (so tall enough kid gets to ride twice). The rider switch will replace your LL and will be active immediately until end of day (so you can come back to the ride if a break is needed). Only thing to remember is that you can’t get another RS unless you use up the first one.

You just want to be careful at Epcot to not overlap Genie+ times as the park is spread out and rides like Test Track and Soarin take 30 mins to ride each time.

The rules keep changing on how CM allow families through the lane, some make everyone wait in the outdoor section of the queue and then issue a rider switch at ride entrance (Everest made us go back in standby line and then gave us a rider switch once we were near the entrance tapstiles in Nov). This March we were directed to a roped off ‘designated’ waiting area at RnRC (had a bench) with our toddler. RnRC took 40 mins for our first party to ride.

For us with toddler the only way it worked out was grabbing best ride early then grabbing other stuff after we tapped in for that ride. For instance I knew we would have to grab Peter Pan first so I'd get maybe a 10-11 and by the time we ate and got there we would tap in and save the 60-90 minutes then I'd grab either something that was available immediately with a 30-40 minute wait or I'd start stacking afternoon at that point because we always went back midday. But you know your plans best. This is what worked for us. Also I would sometimes go back by myself after DS went to sleep so at some point I started stacking late rides for myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter