Genie Plus in MK

Kristiann

Earning My Ears
My family and I are going to WDW for the first time ever in June! We always go to Disneyland, but we have yet to use Genie Plus! I need some tips on what is the very first ride we should book in Magic Kingdom! We are thrill seekers over here! Any tips on the order in which I should book our lightning lanes is much appreciated! Thank you!

I would suggest checking out touringplans.com. I've used their service for our past three trips and it's been amazing. They have an app that actually does what genie says it'll do. I haven't tried using their itineraries yet with genie+ or individual lightning lanes but the wife and I are going to experiment with it during our September trip.

Well, if you are thrill seekers, the only real thrills in MK will be the mountains (Space, Splash, Big Thunder) and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. If you are early risers, get to the park before it opens so that you can get there as soon as they let you in and you can line up for 7 Dwarfs or Space Mountain. If you are staying at a Deluxe Property, you will get 30 minutes in Fantasyland and Tommorrowland before other guests. You can check out 7 Dwarfs and Space then. HOWEVER, those are super popular so one you can do in the early entry and then use Genie+ for the others. If you time things, Big Thunder or Splash can be done in Standby. It all depends on your style and if you are late night or early bird, etc.

Check out the Genie + thread.

7 Dwarfs is popular ride, but not a thrill ride. It is similar to Cars in DCA. If you want to ride it with minimal wait you need to be an early rope dropper from a deluxe resort as PP said.

Actually, all resort guests (plus select partner hotels) get the 30 minute Early Theme Park Entry.

Deluxe resort guests get Extended Evening hours, for 2hrs after park close, usually on Wednesdays.

If you check thrill-data, you’ll see which rides book the fastest (Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan for LL). As for “thrill rides”, Space usually goes first, then Splash, then BTMRR. On hotter days, Splash sometimes is before Space. There are random “drops” of new timeslots throughout the day, so I would keep refreshing if a ride you want is “Not currently offered”.

7DMT is an $ILL and sells out the fastest of all MK rides. It can be booked at 7am (if you’re on-site) or park open (offsite guests).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter