General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
those stingy *******s! They told me no go.

Lol, exactly! You may want to call back and double check those dates at SSR because she specifically told me they were available even though I did not inquire. I'm guessing she mentioned SSR since it's my home resort and since I didn't inquire about it. Or it's possible that between yesterday and today there were cancelations.

I've posted some BLT info on the August thread even though it's not set up as a resort yet

Just so everyone is aware, only the resorts you own at can be posted before the 7 month mark. I asked about availability at AKV for October, but since I don't own at AKV the system wouldn't let the CM check it.

It doesn't look like many of the months have been updated for several days despite having new posts reporting dates in them. Is the system working properly?

Also, it looks like VGC, BLT, & THV have NOT been added to all the months yet that they should be open for; maybe that is part of the problem?

For example, December 2009 has all three of the new locations, but January 2010 doesn't have any of them?

Just so everyone is aware, only the resorts you own at can be posted before the 7 month mark. I asked about availability at AKV for October, but since I don't own at AKV the system wouldn't let the CM check it.

In my opinion that is where something like this is so valuable; you get an unofficial picture to have some idea ahead of time what to expect.

Glad this is here!

In my opinion that is where something like this is so valuable; you get an unofficial picture to have some idea ahead of time what to expect. Glad this is here!

Yes, I just found this thread and I think it's great! I'm waiting to book at a 7-month window. 'Course I will call MS when my time comes but this helps keep me informed.

It doesn't look like many of the months have been updated for several days despite having new posts reporting dates in them. Is the system working properly?

Also, it looks like VGC, BLT, & THV have NOT been added to all the months yet that they should be open for; maybe that is part of the problem?

For example, December 2009 has all three of the new locations, but January 2010 doesn't have any of them?

Currently we are still doing some manual processing to the reported posts as a number of users aren't using the correct format. Rather than have the automatic processor reject those listings, we are editing them first so they meet the required format.

Since this takes time, we are only running everything once every several days.

The program was updated to include BLT and THV when the specific thread is updated. These changes were made on Feb 13th. The reason January 2010 doesn't show is because that thread didn't have any new posts so the old thread text was still showing.

I'll go ahead and process January 2010 even though there's no new posts, and it will update the display.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Caskbill

Currently we are still doing some manual processing to the reported posts as a number of users aren't using the correct format. Rather than have the automatic processor reject those listings, we are editing them first so they meet the required format.

Since this takes time, we are only running everything once every several days.

Caskbill- that makes a lot of sense. I certainly appreciate this service and am glad you are running it. I just hope I do my part to keep posts formatted properly so you don't have to manually process me. I'll try!

This forum is a great idea, and I love that you have posted past months on a sub-forum. Thanks for your effort -- it is greatly appreciated!

I have a suggestion/request for enhanced information on the Past Months history threads. The "live" months are a good real-time indication of availability. But I assume that the past months only reflect the final availability.

In studying the past months (which I have probably done too much), it would be helpful to distinguish between room types that were booked during the home resort priority period and those that were still available (and subsequently booked) after the opening of the 7-month booking window.

Perhaps the room types that book up during the 11-month window could be indicated in red, and rooms that were available at the beginning of the 7-month window (and then subsequently booked) could be shown in black or blue or some other color. This might be something that could just be coded into the initial recording of the information, but what do I know about programming?

Regardless, this is a great resource. Thanks.

Perhaps the room types that book up during the 11-month window could be indicated in red, and rooms that were available at the beginning of the 7-month window (and then subsequently booked) could be shown in black or blue or some other color. This might be something that could just be coded into the initial recording of the information, but what do I know about programming?

Regardless, this is a great resource. Thanks.

WOW! I *LOVE* that idea, both for current and past information. I hope it could be implemented!!!

Just wanted to say how helpful the history has been for us -- we were planning on buying in the fall, but had decided to put it off until Feb. 2010 when we are in WDW since we didn't think anything would be available if we tried to book in the fall. According to the history threads, there is hope for us.

Thanks.

for a specific date?
I called and was waitlisted for a specific group of dates, but I was told that for one date there were no studios anywhere on property available. How would I post that without typing in every resort separately?
Amor4pooh

for a specific date?
I called and was waitlisted for a specific group of dates, but I was told that for one date there were no studios anywhere on property available. How would I post that without typing in every resort separately?
Amor4pooh

Currently, there is no way to do that without listing each resort code on a separate line of the post, something similar to:

5/1/09,AKV,a,16
5/1/09,BLT,a,16
5/1/09,okw,a,16

and so on

unfortunately I didn't do it then, but I was told that for a few dates (now I can't remember them), so I will try to get to it next time.
Amor4Pooh

Researching becoming a DVC member and I love the RRA thread and the general discussion thread as a resource. Thank you all.

Anyone with any info for February 2010. I am waiting for ROFR and need to book for President's week. Probably wont be closing until late November if I am passed. Looking for a 1 bedroom at SSR. Anyone gander to guess my chances of being able to book so late?

Anyone with any info for February 2010. I am waiting for ROFR and need to book for President's week. Probably wont be closing until late November if I am passed. Looking for a 1 bedroom at SSR. Anyone gander to guess my chances of being able to book so late?
SO far there are no reports that SSR is full for any dates in February, 2010 so that's in your favor.

SSR is the largest DVC resort and 1 bedroom villas tend to sell out after the studios and 2 bedrooms, so that is in your favor, too.

Not in your favor - you want a popular Holiday week and you are booking well after the 7 month window.

I think you will be able to get your 1 bedroom. Do not be afraid to waitlist if necessary. Good luck getting through ROFR. :)

SO far there are no reports that SSR is full for any dates in February, 2010 so that's in your favor.

SSR is the largest DVC resort and 1 bedroom villas tend to sell out after the studios and 2 bedrooms, so that is in your favor, too.

Not in your favor - you want a popular Holiday week and you are booking well after the 7 month window.

I think you will be able to get your 1 bedroom. Do not be afraid to waitlist if necessary. Good luck getting through ROFR. :)

Thanks for the info. I hope there is a Feb. update soon. I am so impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter