Gems Pre Trippie for Jan 2010! ***Updated page 5***

I always thought the only accepted response from us men was "Yes dear, whatever you say dear". :confused3 ;)

Bored at MK! :scared1: That's definitely not an acceptable response.

:lmao: Yes usually he isn't quite so brave!!

:lmao: Yes usually he isn't quite so brave!!

How dare he question your plans!! :eek:

I agree with David's response - that is what you need to repeat time & time again David & you will do well. ;)

I was just about to post it on my TR but seems appropriate to put it here too.....my DH asked me last night what hotel we are staying in! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: It's only been booked for 12 & a bit months! :lmao:

Sounds like it'll be a lovely holiday.

Love the photos of the kids getting measured.

I do agree with you on the MK front,we done 3 days back in Easter and it just was'nt enough-we would have loved a 4th day there to be honest.
Dare i say this :confused3 :laughing: ,But i do agree wth hubby on AK-we only done 1 day here,and wish we had done 2 as the girls really enjoyed this park+there was lots we never got around to doing.Epcot is my least favourite park-i find it boring+believe the girls would too which is why we never even went in Easter-i think it would suit my girls more when they are older.x.

Love your pre-trippie report :thumbsup2

We are heading out in january for our first WDW trip with DD who will be 7 when we travel. (DH and I have been once before pre-DD). I am so excited :lovestruc

We are seasoned DLRP travellers (annual passes etc. )and love Disney

We are travelling from EDI on 01JAN10 -15JAN10 and staying at a villa too.

We may bump into you sometime :)

Sounds like it'll be a lovely holiday.

Love the photos of the kids getting measured.

Yes it's been done again this morning, and again this evening - just incase she's had a growth spurt in the 12 hours that she was awake! :lmao:

I do agree with you on the MK front,we done 3 days back in Easter and it just was'nt enough-we would have loved a 4th day there to be honest.
Dare i say this :confused3 :laughing: ,But i do agree wth hubby on AK-we only done 1 day here,and wish we had done 2 as the girls really enjoyed this park+there was lots we never got around to doing.Epcot is my least favourite park-i find it boring+believe the girls would too which is why we never even went in Easter-i think it would suit my girls more when they are older.x.

I know that AK is great, but honestly there is just something about it that just doesn't quite float my boat. I always feel like it's just a more crammed in park, and for some reason it always seems so much hotter there than any of the other parks. :confused3 I'm sure we will end up there for more than 2 days anyway.

I think DH is thinking that because we only went in Jan 09 and we only had Disney tickets - no other parks at all that we spent maybe 4-5 days in MK and I just don't think he could handle that amount again! These people just can't stand the pace! :rotfl:

Love your pre-trippie report :thumbsup2

We are heading out in january for our first WDW trip with DD who will be 7 when we travel. (DH and I have been once before pre-DD). I am so excited :lovestruc

We are seasoned DLRP travellers (annual passes etc. )and love Disney

We are travelling from EDI on 01JAN10 -15JAN10 and staying at a villa too.

We may bump into you sometime :)

Glad you are enjoying my ramblings! :goodvibesHave a great trip! You will love it!

Your little ones are so cute.

Sounds like a great trip. I've just booked 18th-25th Jan as it is mine and DD birthday that week and we have spare DVC points to use up so may see you around the parks.:)

Your little ones are so cute.

Sounds like a great trip. I've just booked 18th-25th Jan as it is mine and DD birthday that week and we have spare DVC points to use up so may see you around the parks.:)

Thank you

January is a fab time to go.
Will you have any identifying features on you?? Lime green anyone??:goodvibes

Thank you

January is a fab time to go.
Will you have any identifying features on you?? Lime green anyone??:goodvibes

I have a Disboards pin, and will probably get some lime green ribbon.

I have a Disboards pin, and will probably get some lime green ribbon.

Fab!

I'm thinking I might make DD wear lime green hair bobbles and clips! :rotfl: We will probably have the green on our pushchairs too!

Now, I don't usually do this - but having seen how well my good friend Robin does at seeing everything in the parks by creating a day by day plan I have decided to give it a go. This is the 2nd version, as the first one had so many scribbles etc on it! :rotfl:

It is subject to change as I haven't put our water park days in as obviously that is dependant on the weather............

Monday 4th January

Travelling we should arrive at the villa by about 7.30 - 8pm by the time we have collected the hire car and will probably stop off to get some drinks snacks etc at Publix on the way.

The kids will no doubt want to go straight to bed, I expect that Matt and Terry will go out to get some food and bring it back for me and Lou. But to be honest I am such a light weight that I will probably be tucked up in bed by the time the food arrives so I will miss out - this happened last time! ;)

Tuesday 5th January
Early start, expect kids to be up bathed and ready by 6am at latest! :rolleyes:

Maybe have a swim if it's warm enough first thing - we are having the pool heated so it should be ok, I can't wait to get my butt in that spa pool! ;)

Probably go out and get breakfast at Golden Corral today! :cool1:

Universal Studios,
Go straight to the Rip Ride Rock It, Matt and Terry Ride, Lou doesn't do coasters, so I will wait with her and kids until boys return with a baby switch ticket.
Then head over to The Simpsons, never ridden this so should be good.

Next let the kids have a play in the kiddies area. Ride on ET, we can all do this one, last time they wouldn't let Harley ride because he was too little to be safe on the bike seat. Stay around this area to go on Woody Woody Peckers Nuthouse Coaster - kids will love this. See what time Animal Actors is on, programe it into the day.

It's a shame but I think the kids will be too little for the Horror Make Up show, I think this time they will be scared by it so I may give this one a miss and if the others want to do it they can while the kids and I go to the play area again.

By this time I expect it will be time to get some lunch, I will have packed the kids some sandwiches and a drink. They aren't that keen on the meals in the parks, and DD won't touch chips! (odd child!) I doubt we will want more than a snack after eating breakfast but you never know!

Wander round the lagoon to MIB, Jaws (which we can all ride), Disaster, The Mummy, again we will need to do rider switch on Mummy and MIB. Twister (if there is time as we are not fussed about this one) Shrek 4d and Jimmy Neutron next, I'm sure the kids will love this and want to do "Shrekky" again.

Me, Lou and kids can have a look in the shop while the boys go on Terminator 3d, as neither of us enjoy that one.

Go back to villa freshen up and decided where to go and eat - which knowing my lot will probably be Chilis followed by Krispy Cremes!! :goodvibes

Wednesday 6th January

Again probably an early morning, start off with a swim and get food at the villa, get to park for opening (ish)

Islands of Adventure

This is one of our favourite parks, we haven't been since 2007 as we felt the kids were too little for most of the things here.

I expect that we will start the day with a couple of goes on the Hulk, then move round to Spiderman, Dr Doom and then onto Toon Lagoon, we enjoy walking round this area as it's so much fun! Unless it's a really warm day I doubt we will do the water rides.

One thing that I am really looking forward to is the Petranodon Flyers, Shelby is big enough for them now and you can't go on as just an adult! :rotfl: I guess DH and I will take it in turns to take her on them and Harley can play in Camp Jurassic.

Take a spin on the Jurassic Park River Adventure and maybe get a pulled pork roll from the kiosk here. YUM! Take both of the kids round the Camp Jurassic Area.

Lunch at The Burger Digs. Kids again either sandwiches or hotdog.

See how long the line is for Duelling Dragons and find out when the 8th Voyage of Sinbad is showing. Whoever is waiting with the children can go through to Sueuss Landing where we will spend the rest of the day. Both kids can go on everything here. I expect to ride Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, High in the Sky Trolly Ride - Shelby LOVED this on the last trip and Harley was too small for it. We will have a play in the If I ran the zoo area too.

Tonight maybe have a wander around City Walk, and then on to the villa to freshen up, maybe grab a cooked chicken from Walmart and do some mashed potatoes etc in the villa for tea, and have a quick swim before bathing the kids and getting them into bed.

I should also say that both children will have their own stroller with them so they can sleep whenever they want to, we are not at all worried about this aspect as they are both great with that kind of thing - just didn't want you to think we were keeping them up from 6am till midnight with no rest! :goodvibes

If you are up by 6am I will be amazed:rotfl2: Swimming sounds like a good plan after the evil flight that awaits us. I might go for chilling in the spa when we get there :woohoo:

Interesting start with Universal, but a good choice - are you starving me of my Shamu :confused3

I'm enjoying the read of the itinery - it is really exciting. Now the wedding is only 17 days away I am starting to think more and more about our trip.

Tuesday 5th January
Early start, expect kids to be up bathed and ready by 6am at latest! :rolleyes:

Maybe have a swim if it's warm enough first thing - we are having the pool heated so it should be ok, I can't wait to get my butt in that spa pool! ;)

Probably go out and get breakfast at Golden Corral today! :cool1:

Universal Studios,
Go straight to the Rip Ride Rock It, Matt and Terry Ride, Lou doesn't do coasters, so I will wait with her and kids until boys return with a baby switch ticket.
Then head over to The Simpsons, never ridden this so should be good.

Next let the kids have a play in the kiddies area. Ride on ET, we can all do this one, last time they wouldn't let Harley ride because he was too little to be safe on the bike seat. Stay around this area to go on Woody Woody Peckers Nuthouse Coaster - kids will love this. See what time Animal Actors is on, programe it into the day.

It's a shame but I think the kids will be too little for the Horror Make Up show, I think this time they will be scared by it so I may give this one a miss and if the others want to do it they can while the kids and I go to the play area again.

By this time I expect it will be time to get some lunch, I will have packed the kids some sandwiches and a drink. They aren't that keen on the meals in the parks, and DD won't touch chips! (odd child!) I doubt we will want more than a snack after eating breakfast but you never know!

Wander round the lagoon to MIB, Jaws (which we can all ride), Disaster, The Mummy, again we will need to do rider switch on Mummy and MIB. Twister (if there is time as we are not fussed about this one) Shrek 4d and Jimmy Neutron next, I'm sure the kids will love this and want to do "Shrekky" again.

Me, Lou and kids can have a look in the shop while the boys go on Terminator 3d, as neither of us enjoy that one.

Go back to villa freshen up and decided where to go and eat - which knowing my lot will probably be Chilis followed by Krispy Cremes!! :goodvibes

I think we might do a few days at MK as it is one of my faves, but I do agree I am not particularly that bothered about many at AK. I need 3 at least at seaworld :yay:

Mind you hopefully there won't be much of a q this time so we might get more from each park each time we go.

Yes it's been done again this morning, and again this evening - just incase she's had a growth spurt in the 12 hours that she was awake! :lmao:

I know that AK is great, but honestly there is just something about it that just doesn't quite float my boat. I always feel like it's just a more crammed in park, and for some reason it always seems so much hotter there than any of the other parks. :confused3 I'm sure we will end up there for more than 2 days anyway.

I think DH is thinking that because we only went in Jan 09 and we only had Disney tickets - no other parks at all that we spent maybe 4-5 days in MK and I just don't think he could handle that amount again! These people just can't stand the pace! :rotfl:

Glad you are enjoying my ramblings! :goodvibesHave a great trip! You will love it!

Now, I don't usually do this - but having seen how well my good friend Robin does at seeing everything in the parks by creating a day by day plan I have decided to give it a go. This is the 2nd version, as the first one had so many scribbles etc on it! :rotfl:

It is subject to change as I haven't put our water park days in as obviously that is dependant on the weather............

Welcome to my OCD world my friend! LOL! It's a fun way to spend the day, dreaming of your future days at Disney!

Hi Lou!!! :cheer2: I hear so much about you! Good to see you on the DIS.

Gemma, you are making me REALLY want to use my free ticket to Universal. I just don't want to have to spend $250 to get my kids in the park. Grrr. Maybe I can sneak over there for 2 hours or so just to check it out. :laughing:

Sounds good so far! Love Chili's followed by KK- wowza. :banana:

Hi Lou!!! :cheer2: I hear so much about you! Good to see you on the DIS.

Gemma, you are making me REALLY want to use my free ticket to Universal. I just don't want to have to spend $250 to get my kids in the park. Grrr. Maybe I can sneak over there for 2 hours or so just to check it out. :laughing:

Sounds good so far! Love Chili's followed by KK- wowza. :banana:

Rob - seriously you would love it, if you can get over there alone then do it, or do you know that Costco in Orlando (on the OBT) has Universal tickets for $80 I think - that was adult price too so I'm sure kids would be cheaper. You Could easily take the boys and just do the main attractions at each park in a day, and just hop.

We will get a box of KK, and then go back to the villa eat some and then have the rest for breakfast! :lmao: You know me - crazy Brit ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!